NEW BTCC/WTCC THEMED SERIES, DRIVERS NEEDED!!Open 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
JUNGLIS7_MASS1VE
Hello,

I am trying to organise a new series that will be similar to the BTCC/WTCC. I am only looking for clean drivers who are looking for good racing and a fun time (note FUN, we don't want people that will take the race too seriously and rage, or people that quit during the races just because they are doing badly). Your skill does not matter, as long as you are a clean driver you are welcome to join.

I will have specs for you to follow below. Tyre choice is unlimited, I will allow driving aids but may ban them if none of participants use them anyway.

If you would like to use a car that isn't featured on this list, I MAY add it on if you give me good reasons to add them on, but I am certainly not adding any road cars.

To make sure the field has a variation of cars, I am going to limit the amount of the same cars aloud to 2 (Vauxhall/Opel are considered the same thing and this goes for 15th anniversary/base model cars too) so if you want to join, reply with the car you want to use and your PSN.

Race dates will be discussed later.

The tracks raced on will be decided by a vote, the same track will not be used twice. Banned tracks are;

SS route X
SS route 7
All Le Mans based tracks
GT Stadium (I forgot that tracks name)
Autumn Ring Mini

Points system is as follows (same as 2014 BTCC points system);

1st=20 pts
2nd=17 pts
3rd=15 pts
4th=13 pts
5th=11 pts
6th=10 pts
7th=9 pts
8th=8 pts
9th=7 pts
10th=6 pts
11th=5 pts
12th=4 pts
13th=3 pts
14th=2 pts
15th=1 pts
16th=0 pts

*bonus point is awarded to pole position

We will have a 10 race championship, with 15 minute qualifying and 20-30 minute races

The cars that are aloud are;

Honda CR-Z Touring Car
(SPECS TBA)

Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01
(SPECS TBA)

Volkswagen New Beetle Cup Car '00
(SPECS TBA)

Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03
(SPECS TBA)

Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00
(SPECS TBA)

Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
(SPECS TBA)

Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
(SPECS TBA)

Lexus IS 200 GT-1 '04
(SPECS TBA)

Toyota ALTEZZA Touring Car
(SPECS TBA)

Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
(SPECS TBA)

Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
(SPECS TBA)

Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
(SPECS TBA)

Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92
(SPECS TBA)

Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87
(SPECS TBA)

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R Touring Car
(SPECS TBA)

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
(SPECS TBA)

Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98
(SPECS TBA)

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
(SPECS TBA)

BMW 320i Touring Car '03
(SPECS TBA)

Audi A4 Touring Car '04
(SPECS TBA)

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08
(SPECS TBA)

*15th anniversary versions or base model versions of cars listed above are also aloud
**specs and car list is subject to change

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, add me, Thank you, good luck in the race ;)

Last edited:
**UPDATE** THE FOLLOWING CARS ARE NO LONGER ALOUD IN THIS SERIES;

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 (over-powered for PP rating)
Spoon FIT Race Car '03 (cannot rach 470pp)
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car (not even sure why I added it lol)

I'm postponing the event due to not enough people signed up yet. Event will now start on the 14th August 2014
Ummmm, has anyone signed up? I don't think a week is enough mate, it takes time to build a good grid, and even longer for reliable numbers

And there is too many cars in car selection... Then that car selection puts people off. Please try to reduce the car selection to 6-10 by testing them. And the specs are not there yet.

**UPDATE** THE FOLLOWING CARS ARE NO LONGER ALOUD IN THIS SERIES;

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 (over-powered for PP rating)
Spoon FIT Race Car '03 (cannot rach 470pp)
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car (not even sure why I added it lol)

Hi Charlie - my suggestions to get the best chance of success with your series are to split the cars up into small groups of cars with an equal performance and use those for each season. so for example you might use VW Lupo's and Nisan Micra's. If you do an 8 round season, swap cars at round 5 - this provides fairness because everyone drives both cars.

It might be an idea to do two races per round and start with a lower performance car such as the VW Lupo then for race 2 use DTM cars - perhaps give people a choice of 4 or 6 cars of which they choose 2 and swap over at round 5.

In summary my advice with race series is - KISS = Keep It Simple.

I've put a link to my next series as an example - the Historic BSCC just uses 3 cars and drivers use all of them as they swap cars twice during the course of a season. Good luck with your series - it is difficult to get them off the ground and takes persistence and a lot of publicity to build up a regular group of drivers.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-7th-september-2014-novices-welcome.311494/

And there is too many cars in car selection... Then that car selection puts people off. Please try to reduce the car selection to 6-10 by testing them. And the specs are not there yet.

I have further reduced the car selection and I appreciate your advice, however 6-10 is a little extreme imo. I don't expect every car on the list to be used, and there is a lot of touring cars in gt6. I hope you understand.

And theres a bloody big difference between a Calibra DTM and a Lupo!

I have taken your advice and 4wd cars are now banned as well as other 'ultra high-end' race cars. again, not every car in the list is expected to be used, but I don't see the point in banning them if you know what I mean

And you are going to make specs of all those cars?

Not for every single one however the maximum hp is 360 and the maximum pp is 470. I have not put a weight limit since the weight difference between some of the cars is large and it also allows for greater tuning options using ballast. Most cars would have between 290 and 350hp anyway, so do not worry if your car cannot reach 360hp.

Not for every single one however the maximum hp is 360 and the maximum pp is 470. I have not put a weight limit since the weight difference between some of the cars is large and it also allows for greater tuning options using ballast. Most cars would have between 290 and 350hp anyway, so do not worry if your car cannot reach 360hp.

As i look at the cars list trust me you will need to do specs.

mate, look at the specs in my series. I'm working on splitting the cars into classes. Even when cars are put to specs, it won't keep everyone happy, but allowing all cars to eg 400pp realy won't work. Best thing to do is pick 6-10 cars (very possible) and test the cars to balance them and put them to spec. 👍

As i look at the cars list trust me you will need to do specs.

Yes you were right along. I've just been setting up some specs and already have specs for some cars already. I'll gradually add them to the original post over the next few days, so keep an eye out

mate, look at the specs in my series. I'm working on splitting the cars into classes. Even when cars are put to specs, it won't keep everyone happy, but allowing all cars to eg 400pp realy won't work. Best thing to do is pick 6-10 cars (very possible) and test the cars to balance them and put them to spec. 👍

Yeah I read your series page already and I am adding specs

Yeah I read your series page already and I am adding specs
umm, you can't copy and paste exactly. You need to decide tracks before hand and the specs will be differen depending on the tracks. the specs I have are for a variety of tracks, long straights, corners etc.

umm, you can't copy and paste exactly. You need to decide tracks before hand and the specs will be differen depending on the tracks. the specs I have are for a variety of tracks, long straights, corners etc.

I Know, its far from copied and pasted. The specs I've set up are so that the cars are as similar to each other as possible, but drivers will be aloud to adjust the suspension, brakes, downforce and differential, but don't worry, I am going to add a downforce limit and ride height limit so that the cars will be closer in performance

Last edited:
I Know, its far from copied and pasted. The specs I've set up are so that the cars are as similar to each other as possible, but drivers will be aloud to adjust the suspension, brakes, downforce and differential, but don't worry, I am going to add a downforce limit so that the cars will be closer in performance
it takes more than a day to balance cars mate. you need to test each car individually, at every track, finding the specs to balance them all. It takes along time mate, you'll end up with a lot of unhappy people lol.

I am currently working on the specs of the cars. I am tuning them so that they are all within a second of each other across various types of tracks (Done Trial Mountain and now on Grand Valley, will test on about 3-5 more circuits).

Props to Sick Cylinder for the idea of car swapping. Once we've reached round 5, you will swap cars with whoever is on the opposite side of championship from you; e.g: 16th swaps cars with 1st, 15th swaps cars with 2nd, 14th swaps cars with 3rd and so on. This way, tuning won't take months and shuts up people who complain their car is slow and it is unfair lol

I am currently working on the specs of the cars. I am tuning them so that they are all within a second of each other across various types of tracks (Done Trial Mountain and now on Grand Valley, will test on about 3-5 more circuits).

Props to Sick Cylinder for the idea of car swapping. Once we've reached round 5, you will swap cars with whoever is on the opposite side of championship from you; e.g: 16th swaps cars with 1st, 15th swaps cars with 2nd, 14th swaps cars with 3rd and so on. This way, tuning won't take months and shuts up people who complain their car is slow and it is unfair lol
Car Swapping is definetly better than normal swapping. 👍

Imagine if I was the host: If I would be in same situation, I would test the specs and choose 6-10 cars. And I would take the Lupo and slower cars out, but car swapping is better. Nice idea, Charlie and Sick! 👍

Back