New Online A-spec Challenge No. 5

Has anyone tried both the Mini Cooper S '11 and Mini Countryman in the 400PP race yet? I've tried it and WHOA! is it ever fun. :D

Yes very much fun indeed. I also got them tuned for the 500pp races, also a lot of fun! đź‘Ť

400pp - Ford Focus ST from NCD, detuned to 195hp and added ballast to
meet reg's. ended up with tuned tranny as it was a dog going up
slight inclines in 3rd and 4th gears with stock tranny. Used SH tires.
500PP - Bone stock Camaro SS with SM tires. took a few tries with stock SH
tires but just couldn't quite catch the NSX-R.
650PP - Did it with bone stock Ford GT SpecII test car and 620HP and
637PP. Then hopped in Corvette Z06 RM 660HP and 650PP. Was
equally easy with both on RS tires. The GT seemed a lot quicker
than the Vette but the Vette handled better. even with less HP the
GT likes to step the tail out a bit more and more torquey with the
supercharged engine. probably could have been a lot faster with it
but had to be careful not to spin. Vette was much more forgiving
and could push it to it's limits easier, so was still an easy win.

Tried Laguna with '69 Camaro RM and kept finishing 4 to 5 sec. behind leader. This car is only 598PP built up all the way. Also only a 5 speed tranny at default settings. Maybe if I mess with the gearing could be possible for me to win with but will definatly be a challenge to pick 4+ seconds. Also didn't touch the suspension.

400PP Maserati GranTurismo S
500PP Maserati GranTurismo S
650PP Chaparral 2J Race Car
EASY WINNING!

You guys take all the longevity out of the game by just picking the easiest car to win each race in!

400pp - Tried in a Fiat Coupé Turbo Plus which was in need of an oil change from the UCD, but that meant it had only 199bhp (down from 220) and exactly 400pp. made short work of everything in the straight sections, was a bit of a pig however.

500pp - Tried my Aston V8 Vantage from the UCD which had (I think) 470ish PP, so added a tuning chip to bring it up a bit, running Sports Hards. London, however, is a bit unforgiving when you have a car weighing 1900kgs+!! So only managed 8th on my first outing. Second up, tried my Lotus Esprit Sport 350 tuned to just under 500PP and on Sports Mediums - again it was just too much of a beast to hustle around such a small track..

Decided I needed something small and quick. An Elise would make light work of this track, whilst the competition was almost exclusively Japanese Sportscars from the 90s. Because of the tight shape of London Circuit you need something with a lot of traction that can put the power down quickly. In comes a highly tuned Golf IV R32 '03, lightened to 1200ish Kgs, power boosted to 381bhp. LSD, torque split to 30/70, bit of camber added, stiffened rear ARB, lowered slightly, cracking car. If a little too easy to drive, even on the Sports Mediums I ran. Being Naturally Aspirated you can get on the power quickly and use the torque swell to gain a serious advantage on corner exits. Despite the LSD and torque splitter, it still understeered if you put too much power down.

Epic car though, took the lead NSX on the last corner of the last lap.

Finally, did the 650PP race in a modified RX7 LM. It was such a pig to drive, has something like 744bhp going to the rear axle. It span Racing Mediums up like they were Comfort Hards. Ridiculous. Caught the lead car on the final lap also.

Got another Ferrari California :(

400pp I used a slightly de-tuned 86 GT

500pp I used a Lotus Elise, English car, English Track, Cant go wrong :lol:

650pp I used a Mazda Furai. This managed to get me from 12th to 2nd in 2 laps, I did then however have a slight panic attack as for the next two laps I was unable to even see the Ford GT in 1st and without having the HUD on I couldn't reference to the Track Icon or the Split Times. Luckily I found him around the corkscrew and dove deep into the last corner to take him.

Level 11 Ticket-Achieved đź‘Ť

500pp gave me the most problem. My Camaro ss on SH could not even make it to the podium after quite a few tries. Took a detuned GTR 07 on SH to do the job. Quite a race in SH and the London reverse took a long while to be used to.
For 650pp, Xanavi GTR barely took care of the Mclaren F1 in the last lap.

As for me (playing GT only for 2 months), seasonals are becoming lame, but with some pleasant exceptions, like this one :) Nice tracks included in this A-Spec.

I think, I will repeat them for a while :)

First time doing it:
400PP - Suzuki GSX-R/4 - easy win with 15+ secs gap on SH.
500PP - Suzuki GSX-R/4 - sweeeeat race, first time on London reverse track, made it only from second try, overtaking the leading guy 2 turns before the finish (First time I've finished second 3 secs behind NSX). Using SH tyres.
650PP - Gran Turismo Frod GT LM Spec III test car (tha's my workhorse for every 650PP challenge A-Spec and B-Spec). <3 Laguna track, <3 Ford GT :) Easy win with 20+ secs gap on RH tyres, but there were no Fords, Zondas BMWs on the track..

For those who are interested...

400pp - 49,000 XP
500pp - 75,000 XP
650pp - 169,00 XP

These numbers are WITH the 200% Bonus!

Nice venues, but yet again 400pp, 500pp and 650pp.
Why oh why, can't they do something different points wise?

Won both 400pp and 500pp with DC5 Integra, 650pp with Minolta 88CV, easy win ... they should make these races a lot harder, with standing start, tire and fuel, same tires, and longer laps ..

Thanks to this post, I chose a detuned Minolta and have won every A-Spec seasonal except for the Nurburgring race.

Won some good cars, luckily I won a car I was looking to trade for:

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car.

400pp Daihatsu Move 4WD at 400pp on SH- just took the lead Prelude on the final bend. Wasn't really concentrating so CS would be better tyre I think.

500pp have tried several options without success so far: tweaked Volvo C30 at 460 pp got 6th with 6 speed close box. Just not enough traction on SH, and not really fast enough. Audi TT at 470pp, lacks power and understeers. TVR Tuscan at 500pp but was drifting too much and made 4 th.

Tricky course for racing, looks like I might have to go up a tyre, and use a safe bet car.

500pp - Tried my Aston V8 Vantage from the UCD which had (I think) 470ish PP, so added a tuning chip to bring it up a bit, running Sports Hards. London, however, is a bit unforgiving when you have a car weighing 1900kgs+!! So only managed 8th on my first outing. Second up, tried my Lotus Esprit Sport 350 tuned to just under 500PP and on Sports Mediums - again it was just too much of a beast to hustle around such a small track..
I used that Aston for easy wins on all the previous 500pp events but it would be quite a challenge to win this London event with it.
I think this has been the toughest 500 seasonal.

Bright Orange Focus ST on SS easy win in 400. Viper GTS - R very easy in 650 on RH. Having some trouble with the reverse London, getting 5 clean laps. Only silver so far, the 4wd cars seem a little better on these tight city tracks.

400pp - Alpine 110 - nice easy win, fun to drive...
500pp - Haven't bothered yet, undecided on a vehicle...
650pp - Way too easy in NSX LM Concept, ran again with Weds Sport IS350 (529pp, 325hp, RS tires) lapping 1'24ish and won twice by comfy margin vs Fairlady Z Concept LM set

I wish that GT6 would include a programmable AI feature (like a ghost lap replay where you could apply your pace to the whole grid). Would be nice to move past winning races from 12th, in five laps, from a single file rolling start, in a car with a 120pp handicap. We need AI that actually puts up a challenge.

400pp - Toyota 86 GT '12
500pp - Lotus Elise 111R ‘04
650pp - Mazda Furai Concept ‘08

400pp - Alpine 110 - nice easy win, fun to drive...
500pp - Haven't bothered yet, undecided on a vehicle...
650pp - Way too easy in NSX LM Concept, ran again with Weds Sport IS350 (529pp, 325hp, RS tires) lapping 1'24ish and won twice by comfy margin vs Fairlady Z Concept LM set

I wish that GT6 would include a programmable AI feature (like a ghost lap replay where you could apply your pace to the whole grid). Would be nice to move past winning races from 12th, in five laps, from a single file rolling start, in a car with a 120pp handicap. We need AI that actually puts up a challenge.

You know that's probably not a bad idea, as the game knows everything you do during a lap (according the the data logger feature) and would be able to replicate speed, gear, etc for every other car.

The reason the AI is so slow is because PD have to make these events fair for everyone from casuals players to pros. PD can't go and make the AI so quick that only the top 10% of racers could catch the leader, that's not fair to the beginners. They should really give you the option to drastically change the difficulty of the AI OR have this ghost replay thing, but i doubt either will occur.

400- Mini Cooper S '11
500- BMW M3 CSL
650- Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 RM

First one was easy, second was boring and the last was actually a bit of a challenge. I'm enjoying the 650 the most this week. Oh and all were done with the tires the car came with stock.

Ok, here's what I used:

400 PP - Alfa Romeo 156 at 399 PP, easy win. Got 1st by lap 2 đź‘Ť

500 PP - Pretty tricky race... used a Z4... restarted the race 2 times... on my final attempt I crashed 2 times... and still got 1st... :)

650 PP - Zonda LM Race Car... 1st try on Racing Medium tires... abandoned after I lost control midway through the race... Tried again with RS... won by 5 seconds or so... :dopey:

500 PP..used the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car..engine down to meet the PP... nothing else changed...on Sports Hard...1st with 2,2 sec

zeppos1
500 PP..used the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car..engine down to meet the PP... nothing else changed...on Sports Hard...1st with 2,2 sec

Try the Honda oddessey with a wing full tuned mine hits 495 pp and it destroyed the 500pp event

I've gone through the series a couple times with different cars. I try to use tires similar to my competition. 400 comfort soft, 500 sport hard, 650 race hard.

400 Deep Forest Raceway
Hommell Berlinette RS Coupe (a car that never get's the attention it deserves)
Autobacs Garaiya '02

500 London
Suzuki GSXR (Everybody's Fave 500)
Autobacs Garaiya '02 Fully Modded Lots of fun
Lotus Elise 111R-- had to do a UK car too
R390 GT1 Road Car '98

650 Laguna Seca
Chevrolet ZR1 (RM)
Peugeot 905 Race Car detuned
Camaro SS 2010 (RM) Race Softs because it was up against the BMW McClaren

I used these:

400 Deep Forest Raceway
Hommell Berlinette RS Coupe
Toyota 86 GT

500 London
BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (tuned to 500pp a lot of fun)

650 Laguna Seca
Mazda Furai

Last edited:
The reason the AI is so slow is because PD have to make these events fair for everyone from casuals players to pros. PD can't go and make the AI so quick that only the top 10% of racers could catch the leader, that's not fair to the beginners. They should really give you the option to drastically change the difficulty of the AI OR have this ghost replay thing, but i doubt either will occur.

Completely agree. More difficulty levels are a must - when the game can match you, then you really feel like you're participating in an Event. I love games where there's always further to push if I wanted to, e.g. Unreal Tournament - most players I knew were ok on the "Adept" setting, a few could manage "Masterful", not many would attempt "Inhuman" or "Godlike" where the bots start cheating, but at least it's there for posterity, you know, if you thought Masterful was getting boring :sly: But never a moment where "is this all?" comes to mind.

An "apply pace to AI" option would create thrilling Events, and close, challenging racing that would forever adjust to your improving skill (but also make the same mistakes). Imagine the replay value, even if it were only an arcade mode feature.

Back