New race mods?

• Thread starter JamboGT
  • 152 comments
United Kingdom
N. Ireland
JamboGT

In the official PlayStation blog there is a shot of a race modded RX7 behind the new GTR. DLC or new race mods?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/6214248444/in/photostream/

If you look closely the R35 is also sporting a Gran Turismo Sun Strip - perhaps implying that it too has been Race Modified?

Could it be that the "Race car pack" DLC expected for later this month enables more racing modifications instead of introducing completely new race cars?

I'm so excited after seeing this that I am hoping there are more 1 make races with RMs.

Im 100% sure that GTR is different then the one that is coming in spec 2 because its missing the logos the racing car has. And that looks to be R34 Gtr with racing modifications! Im so excited to see what else we might be able to racing modify!

It's probably more RM for the premium cars that were left out from the games street date, a welcome addition especially for those crying foul over no RX7, and R34 mods those are two of japans most used race mod cars. Hopefully they redesign GT Auto completely and have the tune shop and body shop in one damn place and make the oil change available online. I for one do hope that almost all the Premiums have at least one RM and some should have 2 (subaru wrx and Lancer Evo) along with more mod parts for the non race modded cars.

Could it be that the "Race car pack" DLC expected for later this month enables more racing modifications instead of introducing completely new race cars?

To be honest, I would be happy to have them, but I dont like them. The RM cars are a pain to tune due to them not having official regulations like a Super GT or DTM. They can become very unbalanced at some tracks which require a lot of tuning, more than a street car modified. On the other hand, they sound gorgeous. :)

The name if the photo on the blog is "GT5_2.0_OpeningMovie" so i'm assuming their part of it.

If anyone read the blog, it seems that PD has now included interior views to every car in the game, with varying visual detail levels. 2011 versions of all the Nascar cars in the game,shorter load times and moving through screens. Photo mode will now allow you to put your driving avatar in the photos as well, in his custom racing suit. Fast Forward and Rewind in replay mode has been added, scalable AI in arcade mode, as well as being able to choose weather effects(says surface water at start of race? visually anyone's guess) in severity on tracks that support it. Here it comes everyone...

Full G25 and G27 support in GT5!

That needed it own line. Also all the above is just part of Spec 2.0 and has nothing to do with DLC, so DLC is something separate altogether. PD really must be listening to us crying all day about certain things, well online has proven one thing that GT Series will indeed be crafted by PD but shaped by us! Can't wait for it to show up, I've got gigs of space left. I totally forgot about saving during endurance races is included in the Spec 2.0 update.

Update

DLC will include, car, tracks and other surprises. What the last piece means is beyond me, but one can hope it's Race mods for cars that haven't had them implemented in Spec 2.0 and possible visual DLC like body paints and custom liveries. It's anyone's guess, but this bodes well for GT5 players. So many complaints lodged at PD, but these guys do at least listen and make efforts to fix things wrong with our game. People who prefer to complain about this and that really need to take a step back and look at what these guys are still doing even after being hit with disaster and having to deal with other problems while still getting out there and adding to this game which was an embattled game from the start. It finally looks like it's getting a direction and I like where it's heading. Just listen to us Kaz, we enjoy your creation, now we just want to mold it to make it just a little better. Here's hoping that course creation allows for point to point course creation, Pikes Peak anyone, lol. Drag strip for the gear heads that love going straight at high speeds and bring back the large oval test course with all it's car test for tuning sake.

Last edited:

I don't think so because so far all the info we are getting are for Spec II. We still don't know anything about the DLCs and as someone pointed out this is a shot from the intro movie and it wouldn't make sense to put something on it that you don't already have in game. And the game needed more RM cars because 17 out of 200 premiuns is just not enough. The GT-R also looks it's RM'd and not the new race car because the race car is wider (it looks).

I hope that the new DLC cars all feature racemods and visual tuningparts, or at least those that have race car versions for real.

Im 100% sure that GTR is different then the one that is coming in spec 2 because its missing the logos the racing car has. And that looks to be R34 Gtr with racing modifications! Im so excited to see what else we might be able to racing modify!

Yup I agree, that R35 looks nothing like Kaz's race car. And that R34 and RX-7.. OMG :drool:

Theres also a picture of a cockpit view in the caterham on that flickr page! I hope, I hope, I hope!

Most likely, I think this is what race pack means, RM options for more cars rather than entirely new race cars, would be neat if we start having multiple RM options per cars later.

I hope it means they are gonna add more options for turning street cars into RM cars. GT5 already has plenty of "race" cars to choose from.

Back