New race mods?

• Thread starter JamboGT
  • 152 comments
EliteDreamer
By the way, is that photo on the Top Gear Test Track? Possibly the Follow Through?

Yup.

I'm excited, but I dunno whether to save my newly bought £20 PSN card or buy PayDay: The Heist and have around £14 to spare instead of £34... decisions, decisions...

Do anybody think this mean you can race against RM cars ?
Usually you see stock cars against stock cars or race cars against race cars in trailers and in general but these are all supposedly RM'd cars racing each other.
Or it could be just a hint at more RM cars.

Kaz's ride in the 24 hour race:
kazunori-schulze-gtr-nurburgring-24h-2011.jpg

Alleged RM vehicles:
6211460483_29391b37c7_z.jpg

So if by blatantly obvious you mean they're different cars, then yes I would agree...

EDIT: Notice the tow hooks on the R35 are on opposite sides of the car also.

Yea the Body Kit isnt even the same nor the sponsors.

Do anybody think this mean you can race against RM cars ?
Usually you see stock cars against stock cars or race cars against race cars in trailers and in general but these are all supposedly RM'd cars racing each other.
Or it could be just a hint at more RM cars.

They'll most likely add a option for online play similar to the time trials banning Race Cars/Street Cars. Otherwise I think it's just showing off the RM cars, though I honestly hope we get to RM some Super Cars. At least it'll give use something to base a GT class off of.

more RM's seem like the most logical thing. I dont see why they would have even added the feature for a handful of cars. When its all over you will prob be able to RM all the mid to high end premiums... I hope/wish.

I'm hoping all premium sportscars in the game get RM'd.

Considering the limited selection of RM capable cars in the initial lunch is must take a decent amount of time to design an RM'd version of a premium car. I think we will be lucky if the RM car selection gets doubled. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Considering the limited selection of RM capable cars in the initial lunch is must take a decent amount of time to design an RM'd version of a premium car. I think we will be lucky if the RM car selection gets doubled. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

My guess is they probably added it in incredibly late, therefore didn't have enough time to create more than 6? new cars.

Since the road car has already been modeled I doubt it'd actually take that long to model a racing version.

The shape of the headlights looks more R34-ish to me, Didn't the R32 have much more rounded headlights?

It sorta looks like the JGTC R34... At least the front end does.

R34MotulPitwork.07.jpg

Wasn't it noted that it was extremely easy to add and replace parts on the Premium models? All they'd have to do is create aero kits for the cars. You could do quite a lot in a 11+ month period.

What about twin turbo upgrades? What about tire/wheel size? Are we getting brakes yet? This game really falls short in the modification department.

As much as I defend this game, I agree with the above. As someone who has worked in the automotive aftermarket industry for the last 5 years, I totally agree.

Edit: We need product branding too.

Since the road car has already been modeled I doubt it'd actually take that long to model a racing version.

You need to remember that there ends up being a HUGE difference between a road going car and a race going car - that's before we even get to the cockpit. So the basic shape may be the same, but the details would be significantly different :)

Yes but the basis is already there, no need to scan the car and spend time correcting it for use in GT5 all over again which would save alot of time...

It sorta looks like the JGTC R34... At least the front end does.

Nah, the bottom vent is far too big on the JGTC version:tup:

But OH god what i would give for a premium one of those.. :nervous:

Yes but the basis is already there, no need to scan the car and spend time correcting it for use in GT5 all over again which would save alot of time...

Yeah - it wouldn't take as long as a standard car from scratch, but it would still take a good bit of time :)

Nah, the bottom vent is far too big on the JGTC version:tup:

But OH god what i would give for a premium one of those.. :nervous:

You really can't see much of the bottom vent in the Spec 2.0 picture. The headlights look similar, they both have a vented hood, and they both have a Motul logo on the right side (I know, I know, just joking, not a real point.) Otherwise I doubt it'd have to be a 1:1 version of it. Though it does look like a wide-bodykit version of the R34.

You really can't see much of the bottom vent in the Spec 2.0 picture. The headlights look similar, they both have a vented hood, and they both have a Motul logo on the right side (I know, I know, just joking, not a real point.) Otherwise I doubt it'd have to be a 1:1 version of it. Though it does look like a wide-bodykit version of the R34.

r34 front by Alex291190, on Flickr

You can see the vents, if it was the JGTC one the vents would end halfway under the headlights, Either way - It will be cool :)

I don't care if the RX-7, R34 and R35 GT-R, and the new Impreza are the only new RM cars here...

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY PD

Back