Nissan Skyline (R34) GT-R Super Taikyu Daishin Advan #8 Hideo Fukayama/Nobayuki Ooyagi 1999

Brazil
Brazil
I've read the guidelines and don't know if that name is right. Back to the car, it appeared in GT2 as the first racing mod for the Nissan Skyline (R34) GT-R V-Spec 1999.
Here some images of the car:
8847_daishin_advan_gt-r_8_1999_super_taikyu_3.jpg

Unfortunately I've only found this image as non-diecast.
Here's the car livery in GT2:
161128_223313_1e1c19314cfa004N.jpg

Hope you like it and sorry if the name format was wrong. If that's the case I'll try to correct it asap.

Info by @JR98
Nissan GT-R Supercar: Born To Race:
Beginning in 1999, the BNR34 replaced the BNR33 in Class 1 of Super Taikyu series. All Super Taikyu GT-R engines were tuned by NISMO, so the level of upgrading was strictly controlled. A NISMO ECU and blow-off valve restricted power from the RB26DETT to 420HP. In the first year of it's racing career, the R34 experienced turbo blows and brake problems, and fuel efficiency was also a problem. However, it easily outran it's rivals, including the Mitsubishi Lancer that entered in Class 2 and had much better fuel efficiency.

The 1999 Super Taikyu was won by the Prince Chiba Falken GT-R (Driven by Hironori Takeuchi and Tetsuya Tanaka). Second place was taken by the Daishin Advan GT-R (Driven by Hideo Fukayama and Nobayuki Ooyagi). Third was taken by the Nissan Altia GT-R (Driven by Shunji Kasuya and Yasueaka).

Last edited:
Do you not have any information about this car, any specs?; I voted.:)
I did some searching but the image in OP appears to be almost all there is on this car.

I did manage to scrape up a few bits of information though, including info on the GT-R's that were entered in the 1999 Super Taikyu season. Info specific to this car has been bolded.
Nissan GT-R Supercar: Born To Race
Beginning in 1999, the BNR34 replaced the BNR33 in Class 1 of Super Taikyu series. All Super Taikyu GT-R engines were tuned by NISMO, so the level of upgrading was strictly controlled. A NISMO ECU and blow-off valve restricted power from the RB26DETT to 420HP. In the first year of it's racing career, the R34 experienced turbo blows and brake problems, and fuel efficiency was also a problem. However, it easily outran it's rivals, including the Mitsubishi Lancer that entered in Class 2 and had much better fuel efficiency.

The 1999 Super Taikyu was won by the Prince Chiba Falken GT-R (Driven by Hironori Takeuchi and Tetsuya Tanaka). Second place was taken by the Daishin Advan GT-R (Driven by Hideo Fukayama and Nobayuki Ooyagi). Third was taken by the Nissan Altia GT-R (Driven by Shunji Kasuya and Yasueaka).

<album slidePath="../../images/slides/bnr34/" slidePrefix="" thumbPrefix="thumb_">
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><description>
<![CDATA[ ギャラリー2: BNR34 スカイラインGT-R - スーパー耐久シリーズ ]]>
</description>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slides>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="101.jpg">
<![CDATA[ 1999 Super Taikyu Series: Rd.6 Twin Ring Motegi ]]>
</slide>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="102.jpg">
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><![CDATA[
1999 Super Taikyu Series: #10 ENDLESS ADVAN GT-R (M.Kino****a/T.Tsuchiya)
]]>
</slide>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="103.jpg">
1999 Super Taikyu Series: #8 DAISHIN ADVAN GT-R (H.Fukuyama/N.Oyagi)
]]>

</slide>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="104.jpg">
1999 Super Taikyu Series: #23 PRINCE TOKYO FUJITSUBO GT-R (T.Sunako/E.Yamada)
]]>
</slide>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="105.jpg">
1999 Super Taikyu Series: #32 NISSAN PRINCE CHIBA GT-R FALKEN (H.Takeuchi/T.Tanaka)
]]>
</slide>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="106.jpg">
1999 Super Taikyu Series: #1 NISSAN ALTIA GT-R (S.Kasuya/Y.Hinoi)
]]>
</slide>
"); vertical-align: bottom; height: 10px;"><slide name="107.jpg">
<![CDATA[ 1999 Super Taikyu Series: #1 #23 #8 #10 #32 ]]>
</slide>

Spoiler Source: http://www.gtr-world.com/slides-xml/catalogue_bnr34.xml

Hopefully @CaravanSS76 can use this to improve the OP and title.

Edit: That second link also says this car competed in the 2000 and 2001 Super Taikyu Seasons as well.

I noted that some Super Taikyu cars don't use wide-body kits, being their bodies very similar to their road-going versions. Unfortunately I haven't found any technical specs. In GT2, if you tune it all out you get 774 hp (as in the capture), being the most powerful non-special car in game, and is a good car to race against the drag 180SX in Test Course Turbocharged car race. The other races in Deep Forest and SSR5 you can get easy win and money, especially if you get the drag Skyline as prize car.

I noted that some Super Taikyu cars don't use wide-body kits, being their bodies very similar to their road-going versions
There were some, the Falken GT-R is one example, that had completely redone bodywork but I think in 1999 all the GT-R's were close to stock with their bodywork, although I see some details that were not seen in the GT-R until the later V-Spec II or Z-Tune but the OP image could be from 2000 or 2001.

Back