Obutto R3volution or Fanatec Clubsport?

United States
Colorado
lonewanderer85
TJDAWG
Hi guys.:) For the last 6 months or so I've been eyeing the Obutto R3volution and the Fanatec Clubsport wheel. Within the next couple months I would like to purchase one or the other. I would love to buy both but I just don't have the funds to do that. I currently have a Fanatec CSR, normal Fanatec pedals and shifter set. My wheel is mounted on a desk I built for it and I just use an office chair.:grumpy: My question is which direction would you guys propose I go? I also plan to get Clubsport pedals and the Clubsport shifter within the next 6 months. Thanks for any response.👍

You already have a wheel. Id go for a seat. Youll be amazed how much more immersive it is when your seated proper.

You already have a wheel. Id go for a seat. Youll be amazed how much more immersive it is when your seated proper.

That's what I'm thinking too. I think it would be a bigger jump for immersion. Does anyone here have any experience with the Obutto? Or other opinions?

You could save a lot of money going for the Obutto Ozone @ $349 versus the R3volution at $799.. That's $450 which would go a long way toward a new wheel.

If you are going to end up with a triple screen solution the R3volution may be significantly better (not sure as I don't own it). The Ozone, which I own, has a triple screen mount, but you have to shim and work hard to get all the geometry just right. And depending on the size of the monitors you might not have full flexibility on the angle of the side monitors. That issue seems to be fixed with the R3volution based on the pictures of the triple monitor arms.

All that said, I'm very happy with the Obutto Ozone.

You could save a lot of money going for the Obutto Ozone @ $349 versus the R3volution at $799.. That's $450 which would go a long way toward a new wheel.

If you are going to end up with a triple screen solution the R3volution may be significantly better (not sure as I don't own it). The Ozone, which I own, has a triple screen mount, but you have to shim and work hard to get all the geometry just right. And depending on the size of the monitors you might not have full flexibility on the angle of the side monitors. That issue seems to be fixed with the R3volution based on the pictures of the triple monitor arms.

All that said, I'm very happy with the Obutto Ozone.

I should have put that in my first post. I was going to ask if there were any Ozone owners here that like their setup. So thanks for answering something I forgot to ask:dopey: That's a pretty big price difference and I won't be going triple screen anytime soon. I could get that and some Clubsport goodies for the same price.:lol:

I have an Obutto R3volution, and it is rock-solid and stable, well built, looks good, and comfortable. The customer service was great (you would get that with the Ozone as well), and I have no complaints with it at all.

After looking into which rig I wanted, it really only came down to two choices for me: the R3volution or the Fast Track Sims TC-R1. The TC-R1 is about twice the price and no seat, but seems to have more add-on capability. And even though I eventually want to add an aftermarket racing seat to my rig anyway, practicality in price lead me to get the R3volution so I wasn’t spending so much all at once.

It's a heavy piece of gear, which is a good thing. Except that makes shipping pricey (especially when it's shipped to Hawaii). So just be aware of that cost as well. Also, be prepared to assemble it (properly), which took me about 6 hours of leisurely putting it together.

I have never used an Ozone, so I can't compare the two, but I have to say I have been nothing but impressed with my R3volution. If you are a serious sim racer, or like me, a not-so-serious sim racer but enjoy the immersion, a good gaming cockpit is a must in my opinion.

Just my two cents. I hope that helps.

I have an Obutto R3volution, and it is rock-solid and stable, well built, looks good, and comfortable. The customer service was great (you would get that with the Ozone as well), and I have no complaints with it at all.

After looking into which rig I wanted, it really only came down to two choices for me: the R3volution or the Fast Track Sims TC-R1. The TC-R1 is about twice the price and no seat, but seems to have more add-on capability. And even though I eventually want to add an aftermarket racing seat to my rig anyway, practicality in price lead me to get the R3volution so I wasn’t spending so much all at once.

It's a heavy piece of gear, which is a good thing. Except that makes shipping pricey (especially when it's shipped to Hawaii). So just be aware of that cost as well. Also, be prepared to assemble it (properly), which took me about 6 hours of leisurely putting it together.

I have never used an Ozone, so I can't compare the two, but I have to say I have been nothing but impressed with my R3volution. If you are a serious sim racer, or like me, a not-so-serious sim racer but enjoy the immersion, a good gaming cockpit is a must in my opinion.

Just my two cents. I hope that helps.

I'm more in the same category as you. With 3 children and other obligations it's hard for me to get seriously into any kind of series or anything. I just want a nice cockpit for the immersion and oButto is who has impressed me the most so far. Main decision now is $350 for the oZone or $800 for the R3volution.:)

If you're wanting to buy the R3volution, don't buy it from Obutto, please. It's over priced. Buy it from www.volairsim.com it's 250$ cheaper and comes with all the accessories, instead of having to purchase separately.

Plus the ozone will cost $419 shipped.

Last edited:
If you're wanting to buy the R3volution, don't buy it from Obutto, please. It's over priced. Buy it from www.volairsim.com it's 250$ cheaper and comes with all the accessories, instead of having to purchase separately.

Plus the evolution will cost $419 shipped.

I'll check that out. The prices I quoted are before shipping comparisons. Did you mean oZone there at the end or are you saying $450 shipping?

That's not an Obutto. If you want an Obutto you should order from Main Performance PC. If you want a Volair Sim rig then fine order from that link, but it's a different piece of kit so do your homework first and don't be fooled into thinking you are buying an Obutto.

That's not an Obutto. If you want an Obutto you should order from Main Performance PC. If you want a Volair Sim rig then fine order from that link, but it's a different piece of kit so do your homework first and don't be fooled into thinking you are buying an Obutto.

It's the exact same thing just different chair dressing.

I just checked into that and I won't be going that way. Main Performance is where I've been looking. On another note one of the reviews on that site said something about using PayPal and spreading the cost over 6 months. Is that a new option with PayPal? Just curious:cheers:

Ahh good old Volair :-)

The Volair cockpit base is an almost exact copy of the GT Omega. It is not in anyway shape or form an Obutto, and they are nothing alike.

The Volair is also not what it seems, the wheel deck is in fact the "Desk" or "Table" meaning, if you tilt it, whatever you set on it will tilt with it. The triple monitor mount is at a fixed 30 degree angle (I believe, might be more or less) but it is a fixed angle.

It also has the same nuances as the GT Omega - as they are just re-branded and sold at a premium.

GT Omega:

GT-Omega-Racing-Simulator-Pro-II.jpg

ninjaracingchair2.jpg

Volair Cockpit:

RjM5QTY4MEY1OTk2MUE3QzY3NkE6ODEyZjMxMGEzMjAxNjk2ODJiMzJkYzkxN2FlY2RiMmQ=

volair-sim-with-three-monitors.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh good old Volair :-)

The Volair cockpit is an exact copy of the GT Omega. It is not in anyway shape or form an Obutto, and they are nothing alike.

The Volair is also not what it seems, the wheel deck is in fact the "Desk" or "Table" meaning, if you tilt it, whatever you set on it will tilt with it. The triple monitor mount is at a fixed 30 degree angle (I believe, might be more or less) but it is a fixed angle.

It also has the same nuances as the GT Omega - as they are just re-branded and sold at a premium.

Well when I can get up the funds I'll definitely be ordering an Obutto from you guys.:) Not real sure which style I'll get yet though.

I don't own an Obutto cockpit, but I race with friends who own the R3volution and Ozone versions. All of them are very satisfied with their purchases. I own an rSeat and I really like it. When I bought it, the R3volution was not available yet. If it had been, it would have been the one I purchased.

One thing I can say is that a proper racing cockpit is a huge upgrade to help make your racing experience a lot more immersive. My recommendation would be for you to get the Ozone cockpit and use the money saved to get some clubsport pedals. Your wheel will be fine for now, but an upgrade to a load cell brake will be a big improvement, especially with a cockpit to mount them on.

That's kind of the direction I'm leaning towards too. Thanks for the advice.:) I really would like them Clubsport V2's man. I also want to buy that Clubsport shifter when it comes out.

Better know how to use a dead blow hammer for the ozone. Also, if you try to look at the YouTube video, prepare to be felt like an idiot by the tutorial guy who talks for 5 minutes on how everyone else is having a problem putting it together but he never has any problems because he's the Bob Vila of rig assembly.

I personally own the ozone and I wish I never had gotten it. I had to beat the bolts in with a hammer to get the seat in, re drill holes for the monitor mount because they made my monitor uneven and my chair sits cockeyed to the right a bit and the keyboard tray won't slide in front of me even in the lowest position.

Followed Mr Know-Alls degrading instructional video and put the bolts in with the washers and nuts very loose fit.

Yea it's okay for racing but everything is a hassle and I wish I had went with Volair instead. Even if it the whole desk mount tilts, at least it tilts instead of sliding at a set angle.

Hello guys,

Volair Sim was primarily designed for flight simulation and while it shares some resemblance to GT Omega (uses similar base), it is not, a rebranded GT Omega "sold at a premium" as Michael from MainPerformancePC claims. In fact, if you compare the cost of Volair Sim vs. obutto WITH the accessories included (table, triple monitor mounts, etc.) you can pretty quickly see which company charges the premium ;-) Hence the other post saying that obutto was "overpriced." But if these accessories are not important to you (you will use single monitor, for instance), then Obutto is a fine choice and you can save $$$ for a quality wheel and pedals.

Regardless of which cockpit you choose, you level of immersion will dramatically increase whether you are flying or racing - that is for sure.

Better know how to use a dead blow hammer for the ozone. Also, if you try to look at the YouTube video, prepare to be felt like an idiot by the tutorial guy who talks for 5 minutes on how everyone else is having a problem putting it together but he never has any problems because he's the Bob Vila of rig assembly.

I personally own the ozone and I wish I never had gotten it. I had to beat the bolts in with a hammer to get the seat in, re drill holes for the monitor mount because they made my monitor uneven and my chair sits cockeyed to the right a bit and the keyboard tray won't slide in front of me even in the lowest position.

Followed Mr Know-Alls degrading instructional video and put the bolts in with the washers and nuts very loose fit.

Yea it's okay for racing but everything is a hassle and I wish I had went with Volair instead. Even if it the whole desk mount tilts, at least it tilts instead of sliding at a set angle.

:lol: That's a first, I must say. And posted merely seconds prior to Bart's reply.

Out of 10,000 + people worldwide, you are the first to have these issues... Tell me...did you contact us about them? Whats your Order ID number?

Though there is one tidbit of mis-information... you say you have the oZone, but the instructional videos you reference about assembling the cockpit for a "Loose fit" until assembly is final... refer to the R3Volution cockpit.... So either you have your stories mixed up here, or you did not follow the instructions and should consider watching the Bob Vila of Cockpit Assembly again so that you can assemble your rig correctly.

My hunch though is that you don't own anything Obutto :dunce:

Sorry - I call it like I see it.

:lol: That's a first, I must say. And posted merely seconds prior to Bart's reply.

Out of 10,000 + people worldwide, you are the first to have these issues... Tell me...did you contact us about them? Whats your Order ID number?

Though there is one tidbit of mis-information... you say you have the oZone, but the instructional videos you reference about assembling the cockpit for a "Loose fit" until assembly is final... refer to the R3Volution cockpit.... So either you have your stories mixed up here, or you did not follow the instructions and should consider watching the Bob Vila of Cockpit Assembly again so that you can assemble your rig correctly.

My hunch though is that you don't own anything Obutto :dunce:

Sorry - I call it like I see it.

Kind of hard to follow the instructions when the bolt patterns don't line up.

As far as me not owning an Obutto.

Order #3694 - placed on feb 10th sent to Williamsburg KY. So check your records, then stop relying on your hunch.

As far as me not contacting you over it, go YouTube Obutto ozone assembly. You'll come across another guy who had to use a hammer on his seat too. Guess that's 2 out of "10,000 sold."

I didn't contact you about it because that would be another week to return then another week to get back to me. Kind of ridiculous wait time on something that should have went together correctly, so I made it work. Also. Why would I contact you over an Obutto? You're just a distributor. Everything I've ever had to return has been to the manufacturer, not the middle man.

Anyway, my experience may differ than someone else, but if someone asks info about an Obutto, I'll certainly try to steer them away from having a similar experience as myself.

Kind of hard to follow the instructions when the bolt patterns don't line up.

As far as me not owning an Obutto.

Order #3694 - placed on feb 10th sent to Williamsburg KY. So check your records, then stop relying on your hunch.

As far as me not contacting you over it, go YouTube Obutto ozone assembly. You'll come across another guy who had to use a hammer on his seat too. Guess that's 2 out of "10,000 sold."

I didn't contact you about it because that would be another week to return then another week to get back to me. Kind of ridiculous wait time on something that should have went together correctly, so I made it work. Also. Why would I contact you over an Obutto? You're just a distributor. Everything I've ever had to return has been to the manufacturer, not the middle man.

Anyway, my experience may differ than someone else, but if someone asks info about an Obutto, I'll certainly try to steer them away from having a similar experience as myself.

Well Brandon - nothing is perfect. Had you actually contacted us we'd have been more then happy to have made things right at no cost to you, and with limited wait time for any required replacements.

Instead you've taken it upon yourself to spread misinformation:

Plus the evolution will cost $419 shipped.

It's the exact same thing just different chair dressing.

We are the distributor, we also support the products we sell - just like thousands of other retailers...

If you don't like your Obutto, throw it in a box, return it and we'll refund you minus shipping costs. It must be intact and undamaged.

Well Brandon - nothing is perfect. Had you actually contacted us we'd have been more then happy to have made things right at no cost to you, and with limited wait time for any required replacements.

Instead you've taken it upon yourself to spread misinformation:

We are the distributor, we also support the products we sell - just like thousands of other retailers...

If you don't like your Obutto, throw it in a box, return it and we'll refund you minus shipping costs. It must be intact and undamaged.

Yea I meant to say ozone but had the revolution in mind.

As far as sending it back I would gladly do it but, for one I don't have a box. Second, minus the shipping cost would put me just throwing $140 bucks away only on shipping. So I would only actually get 160 bucks back of the 349 price.

Plus I've drilled holes on it to make the monitor work. I think I'll just sell it on Craigslist and get more of my money back.

Yea I meant to say ozone but had the revolution in mind.

As far as sending it back I would gladly do it but, for one I don't have a box. Second, minus the shipping cost would put me just throwing $140 bucks away only on shipping. So I would only actually get 160 bucks back of the 349 price.

Plus I've drilled holes on it to make the monitor work. I think I'll just sell it on Craigslist and get more of my money back.

I bought a GTX TITAN a few weeks ago, it was a brick out of the box.

Instead of going on the internet and posting about how terrible NVidia and ASUS are, I contacted the retailer, told them it was broken, and they sent a replacement Next Day Air. It also included a return shipping label. I was inconvenienced by one day and was out no extra money....

Imagine that?

Tell you what, tomorrow when I get into the office, i'll cut you a check for $200 and mail it off, or you can email me your PayPal information and i'll send you a refund right now. My email is (michael (dot) main (at) mainperformancepc (dot) com

The original transaction is to old to issue a refund back via the original payment method.

The $200 is for your troubles and the issues you had with your Obutto that should not have been there, and are not normal.

You can keep the cockpit.

In the future, when you spend money on something and have an issue with it, at least give the retailer or manufacturer a chance to make things right before you go off on wild tangents about how terrible the product is. We might not have had this discussion in the first place if that were the case...

Last edited:
I bought a GTX TITAN a few weeks ago, it was a brick out of the box.

Instead of going on the internet and posting about how terrible NVidia and ASUS are, I contacted the retailer, told them it was broken, and they sent a replacement Next Day Air. It also included a return shipping label. I was inconvenienced by one day and was out no extra money....

Imagine that?

Tell you what, tomorrow when I get into the office, i'll cut you a check for $200 and mail it off, or you can email me your PayPal information and i'll send you a refund right now. My email is (michael (dot) main (at) mainperformancepc (dot) com

The original transaction is to old to issue a refund back via the original payment method.

The $200 is for your troubles and the issues you had with your Obutto that should not have been there, and are not normal.

You can keep the cockpit.

In the future, when you spend money on something and have an issue with it, at least give the retailer or manufacturer a chance to make things right before you go off on wild tangents about how terrible the product is. We might not have had this discussion in the first place if that were the case...

I've sent back plenty of stuff for exchanges or refunds. But, its all been small things that I can throw in my car and stop by ups to send. We are talking about a 100+ lb package that's bulky and almost impossible to carry. Of course, they could come pick it up, but since I'm a truck driver that's gone for a week at a time, planning that stuff is beyond my means since I never know when I get home.

I'll call your bluff mike. $200 and I keep the rig? Sounds to good to be true. I'll set up a Paypal or you can cut me a check. You already have my home address. Your call. You send me $200 and I can't deny that customer service.

Email sent.

Last edited:
I've sent back plenty of stuff for exchanges or refunds. But, its all been small things that I can throw in my car and stop by ups to send. We are talking about a 100+ lb package that's bulky and almost impossible to carry. Of course, they could come pick it up, but since I'm a truck driver that's gone for a week at a time, planning that stuff is beyond my means since I never know when I get home.

I'll call your bluff mike. $200 and I keep the rig? Sounds to good to be true. I'll set up a Paypal or you can cut me a check. You already have my home address. Your call. You send me $200 and I can't deny that customer service.

Email sent.

Here's the thing Brandon,

If the frame is screwed up, all we'd have really needed were photo's of the issues. We wouldn't want it back, and wouldn't have asked for it back. We would have shipped you a new frame, no questions asked, free of charge. Or we would have refunded you for your issues if you wished to fix it on your own (Like I just did).

But we can only do that, IF you tell us about your issue...not rant and rave about it on the internet till I find your post 4+ months later.

Here's the thing Brandon,

If the frame is screwed up, all we'd have really needed were photo's of the issues. We wouldn't want it back, and wouldn't have asked for it back. We would have shipped you a new frame, no questions asked, free of charge. Or we would have refunded you for your issues if you wished to fix it on your own (Like I just did).

But we can only do that, IF you tell us about your issue...not rant and rave about it on the internet till I find your post 4+ months later.

Well kudos to you my friend. Just figured it was to much of a hassle, as I didn't want to wait 2 weeks to be able to race on my already limited time. Guess I'll stop bad mouthing Obutto in the fact that I got w rare defect. But you made it right. Just got an email from your company account with a refund for $200.

Really wasn't expecting that at all. Good service Michael. Well played.

Well kudos to you my friend. Just figured it was to much of a hassle, as I didn't want to wait 2 weeks to be able to race on my already limited time. Guess I'll stop bad mouthing Obutto in the fact that I got w rare defect. But you made it right. Just got an email from your company account with a refund for $200.

Really wasn't expecting that at all. Good service Michael. Well played.

To be honest, I think you should start advertising Obutto now, or at least put it in your signature !!! This is one of the best customer service actions I have ever seen.....

Back