Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,220 comments
Yeah... I've got a feeling Spec III might be coming if they haven't said anything for this long.
I just don't think they would've dumped the amount of content and updates they did 2 months ago to turn around and make a Spec3 update with more events, more cars, and maybe a track. They would have certainly waited to couple that kind of content with showcasing a PS5 Pro at TGS/GTWS

It’s a win for SIE and fans of old-school platformers. For everyone else it’s just a bit sad that one of the best offerings on PS5 is nothing more than that. While Astro Bot seems like a great game, I feel like much of the hype stems from the fact that four years on PS5 generally lacks in non-remastered and well-integrated PS5 exclusive blockbusters. Astro Bot is a welcome exception with high production standards and nostalgic elements, but I wonder how much attention it would get if circumstances surrounding the current console generation were less dire.
Nah, I mean the lack of 1st party plays a role in it, but not such a significant one I’m pretty sure. Most hype comes from the fact that the free Astros Playroom on every PS5 was overly well received by players (as well as the VR Game before it) and a lot of people were hoping (including myself) that a full fledged game will be coming sometime in the future, and as it was finally confirmed, people got really excited.
I think a lot of ps players want a lighthearted game like this from time to time and don’t want to spend money on a Nintendo, so this is perfect. And additionally, and that’s just a theory, maybe a happy and lighthearted game like this is something a lot of gamers are in need of with all the chaos and serious things going on over the last years.

blu1304-meme-2k-v3.jpg
Talk about intergalactic picture quality.

The Essentials games is a great win, as is Dino Crisis and addition of The Last of Us to ps+ Extra. Soul Reaver 1&2 remastered could be awesome as they were great back in the day.

The rest is pretty meh though. GT7 in 8k at 60FPS sounds impressive... but, for how much content? Can't see it being more than one low detail stage with fixed car choices

Question:
Normally i play on a TV with 120Hz and VRR with the settings for such a mode in the PS settings and the GT settings.

I now sometimes find myself playing on a 1440p, 75Hz, no VRR computer monitor. Which settings should i choose for an optimal experience?

In the PS settings i guess i just activate the 1440, no VRR mode and it will run at 60fps no matter what. I then can choose between resolution and performance mode, i guess. Are they both about the same resolution and fps wise and just differentiate through raytracing in the replays as in the beginning of GT7?

Thanks!

Flop yes. Greatest flop I don't think it's there. Anthem, Avengers, heck Suicide Squad and Redfall are quite recent. I think Sony saw it was going that way and changed tack early. That's probably the wisest thing you could do. I don't think it would've cost 400 mil either. That'll be forgotten once GTA6 lands anyway. Anyways let's see what tonight brings.

Edit: didn't see the bit about Astro Bot. Dude...
Those games were flops but not has big. Apart from avengers you can still buy all others, so they are still making money to this day. And even avengers was around for 3 years selling copies and mtx. They werent closed after 2 weeks like concord.
Even if the 400M rumour is false and it was just 200M. Its still potentially the greatest flop of alltime. Specially because of closing after 2 weeks. Can you imagine spending that much in a game that closes after 2 weeks? That has "greatest flop of alltime" energy imo.

Go to youtube. There are videos and shorts putting astro bot and mario galaxy side by side. There are many "similarities"

Gta6 is expected to be the greatest release in gaming history. If fails to land, I cant even imagine how legendary the backlash will be.

Miserable git, blimey. Astro Bot was sensational.
Thats your opinion. Astro bot is cutesy, has very nice art style and probably has great gameplay ( cant give a full opinion on gameplay because I still didnt play it). Its still a short game, 16.5 hrs completionist on hltb. I dont think a game that short deserves a 94 but thats just my opinion. And I will be very mad/sad if astro bot beats ff7rebirth for game of the year.

So if the highest rated game of the year is basically a flop for Sony, what would be a win in your book?
Where did I say astro bot is a flop? Do you even know what "flop" means? How about stop putting your words in other peoples mouths...
I'll rephrase: maybe game scores are not as infuential for sales as you might think.

GT put out the stats for who people have voted for in the GTWS:

This is interesting to me, not for the stats in and of themselves, but because it suggests that PD have been successful in getting people who don't partake in online to be interested enough to at least cast a vote.

I say that because anyone who's in Sport Mode enough to know how Gr.3 cars compare isn't picking the BRZ (great aero, poor brakes, terrible acceleration under BoP) to win anything at Bathurst (long straights, lots of big stops, very few high speed sweeping corners).

This is interesting to me, not for the stats in and of themselves, but because it suggests that PD have been successful in getting people who don't partake in online to be interested enough to at least cast a vote.

I say that because anyone who's in Sport Mode enough to know how Gr.3 cars compare isn't picking the BRZ (great aero, poor brakes, terrible acceleration under BoP) to win anything at Bathurst (long straights, lots of big stops, very few high speed sweeping corners).

I do like the use of "soon".

It's pretty much three days from that Tweet.

Reckon a lot of people will choose Subaru for Miyazono.

Those games were flops but not has big. Apart from avengers you can still buy all others, so they are still making money to this day. And even avengers was around for 3 years selling copies and mtx. They werent closed after 2 weeks like concord.
Even if the 400M rumour is false and it was just 200M. Its still potentially the greatest flop of alltime. Specially because of closing after 2 weeks. Can you imagine spending that much in a game that closes after 2 weeks? That has "greatest flop of alltime" energy imo.

Go to youtube. There are videos and shorts putting astro bot and mario galaxy side by side. There are many "similarities"

Gta6 is expected to be the greatest release in gaming history. If fails to land, I cant even imagine how legendary the backlash will be.

Thats your opinion. Astro bot is cutesy, has very nice art style and probably has great gameplay ( cant give a full opinion on gameplay because I still didnt play it). Its still a short game, 16.5 hrs completionist on hltb. I dont think a game that short deserves a 94 but thats just my opinion. And I will be very mad/sad if astro bot beats ff7rebirth for game of the year.

Where did I say astro bot is a flop? Do you even know what "flop" means? How about stop putting your words in other peoples mouths...
I'll rephrase: maybe game scores are not as infuential for sales as you might think.
What’s the minimum length a game needs to have to deserve the score Astro got? (undeservingly according to you)

Keep digging. Or actually stop. It’s really annoying.

You talked some nonsense. We called you out for it - you talk some more nonsense. Time to let it go.

If Astro isn’t a win for Sony nothing is.

We’re done here.

Back