Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,214 comments
Yeah... I've got a feeling Spec III might be coming if they haven't said anything for this long.
I just don't think they would've dumped the amount of content and updates they did 2 months ago to turn around and make a Spec3 update with more events, more cars, and maybe a track. They would have certainly waited to couple that kind of content with showcasing a PS5 Pro at TGS/GTWS

It’s a win for SIE and fans of old-school platformers. For everyone else it’s just a bit sad that one of the best offerings on PS5 is nothing more than that. While Astro Bot seems like a great game, I feel like much of the hype stems from the fact that four years on PS5 generally lacks in non-remastered and well-integrated PS5 exclusive blockbusters. Astro Bot is a welcome exception with high production standards and nostalgic elements, but I wonder how much attention it would get if circumstances surrounding the current console generation were less dire.
Nah, I mean the lack of 1st party plays a role in it, but not such a significant one I’m pretty sure. Most hype comes from the fact that the free Astros Playroom on every PS5 was overly well received by players (as well as the VR Game before it) and a lot of people were hoping (including myself) that a full fledged game will be coming sometime in the future, and as it was finally confirmed, people got really excited.
I think a lot of ps players want a lighthearted game like this from time to time and don’t want to spend money on a Nintendo, so this is perfect. And additionally, and that’s just a theory, maybe a happy and lighthearted game like this is something a lot of gamers are in need of with all the chaos and serious things going on over the last years.

blu1304-meme-2k-v3.jpg
Talk about intergalactic picture quality.

The Essentials games is a great win, as is Dino Crisis and addition of The Last of Us to ps+ Extra. Soul Reaver 1&2 remastered could be awesome as they were great back in the day.

The rest is pretty meh though. GT7 in 8k at 60FPS sounds impressive... but, for how much content? Can't see it being more than one low detail stage with fixed car choices

Back