Obutto R3volution or Fanatec Clubsport?

How do either of the Obuttos work as desks? My current setup is hacked together from a Rennsport wheelstand, an old integra seat, and some sawhorses for monitor stands. It works pretty good for driving but I find that I'm working on my computer a lot more than driving and I'd like something more ergonomic.

That's actually the reason I want an obutto. From what I've heard they make a nice desk too. I'd like to hear some of the guys experience here on that part :)

That's actually the reason I want an obutto. From what I've heard they make a nice desk too. I'd like to hear some of the guys experience here on that part :)

I have an Ozone, I used a playseat forever and wish I had swapped to an Ozone sooner. I cant say enough about it. I can sit in this thing for hours racing, lounge back and watch movies, surf the net until I cant stay awake any longer, and then finally take a dam nap in the thing. Its a solid proper driving position. What are you waiting for...:)

rabbitude
I have an Ozone, I used a playseat forever and wish I had swapped to an Ozone sooner. I cant say enough about it. I can sit in this thing for hours racing, lounge back and watch movies, surf the net until I cant stay awake any longer, and then finally take a dam nap in the thing. Its a solid proper driving position. What are you waiting for...:)

That's some very good news.:) Mainly waiting on the wife to say go for it lol. I'm for sure wanting to get one before this holiday season and all the new games:)

I have a old oZone, with the monitor table and the older style seat mount (with the fixed position shifter and keyboard mounts) and that thing is a tank, YEARS later. The newer ones are even better. I'm hoping someday to make a R3volution-ary upgrade. =)

I have a old oZone, with the monitor table and the older style seat mount (with the fixed position shifter and keyboard mounts) and that thing is a tank, YEARS later. The newer ones are even better. I'm hoping someday to make a R3volution-ary upgrade. =)

Nice.:) I would love to get a R3volution but if I go Ozone I can get a Clubsport pedal set and maybe that Clubsport shifter (when it releases) for the same price.

This is the one problem I have with my rSeat. It is an awesome sim-racing rig, but that is all it is good at. Not comfortable at all for surfing the net or playing any other type of game.

A couple friends of mine have the Obutto Ozone and another friend has the R3volution. All of them agree that Obutto makes a great multipurpose rig that can be used for racing, flight sims, FPS games and surfing the internet.

But how is it for real work such as writing, coding, image editing etc?

Its OK, but not ideal on the Ozone. The wheel plate is removable, but it requires disconnection of the wheel from the cables. It only takes a minute or so, but it is a bit of a hassle. I can work just fine with the wheel in place, I just have had to learn to type without seeing the keyboard, since I have the keyboard tray directly underneath the wheel plate.

That slight limitation aside, the Ozone is absolutely amazing. I ordered mine on a Tuesday and had it in hand on Friday night, thanks to Main Performance PC and Fed Ex. I cannot recommend the Ozone enough. The price, even with shipping, is very fair, it's rock solid, it comes with everything you need (except a cupholder, which costs $11 extra, :)) and the seat is very comfortable and authentic. I would have been nice for the wheel plate to be pre-drilled, but it was doable for a tool newb like me to drill the necessary holes for my Fanatec CSW. The R3volution has the holes pre-drilled. A friend of mine has the R3volution and absolutely loves it.

In summary, Obutto and Main Performance PC are the best at what they do. Buy with confidence!!!!

All I can say is, get the Obutto R3volution. You will not regret it. This thing is built like a tank! I literally just finished building mine and was racing in it with my newly bought Thrustmaster T500RS in the last 2 hours and I have to say the experience is immersive. Rock solid build!

It's really heavy and if you ever got a chance to just hold a small part of it, you would be able to feel the quality oozing out from it. However, I have to admit, the assembly part got to be one of the toughest, easily 3-4 times more difficult than assembling an Ikea furniture. Took me 3-4 separate days to mount everything minus the optional tabletops; not advisable to do everything in one shot. And I also faced with some difficulties, like some slight misalignments, which is a pain in the ass as the thing is so solid it's hard to align it back. Plus, it's advisable that you watch the instructions posted on youtube by Obutto or you would be lost; the instruction sheet isn't very clear.

In the end, once you complete it, I am sure you would love the R3volution for years to come. And Chris, the creator of the cockpit, has excellent customer service. With such a fine product and service, it's easy to choose which cockpit to get. :)

Thanks for the info man.:) Ya I'm only interested in Obutto. It's just between the Ozone and the R3volution for me.

Well, Ozone was cool then but it didn't stir any desire to get it now. Then a few years later, when I saw the R3volution, the feeling is different. It's like the most versatile cockpit ever and I knew that's what I want. That's when I got into contact with Chris who was very nice to arrange sea freight to this part of the world where our distributor does not want to carry the R3volution due to the small size of the market; their Ozone have difficulty selling here.

If it's a choice between the Ozone or the R3volution, then it's quite simple. Most importantly, what's your budget. Do you mind spending more for a better cockpit? Do you need what the R3volution offers over the Ozone, including the cool factor? Does the Ozone satisfy your current and future (potential) needs? These are probably some of the questions you should ask when deciding which one to get. I personally wouldn't mind spending more to get what I need. Furthermore, it's better to follow your heart in this kind of situation since this is all about a hobby and a passion; getting something you don't like would probably see you spending more money in the future to replace the cockpit that you buy now. Indeed, how could I resist getting myself something reminiscent of a Batmobile, haha!

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT: If you haven't watched these videos, watch them. And if you had, watch them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8uOZmBU_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZiilfXdDk

Acextreme
Well, Ozone was cool then but it didn't stir any desire to get it now. Then a few years later, when I saw the R3volution, the feeling is different. It's like the most versatile cockpit ever and I knew that's what I want. That's when I got into contact with Chris who was very nice to arrange sea freight to this part of the world where our distributor does not want to carry the R3volution due to the small size of the market; their Ozone have difficulty selling here.

If it's a choice between the Ozone or the R3volution, then it's quite simple. Most importantly, what's your budget. Do you mind spending more for a better cockpit? Do you need what the R3volution offers over the Ozone, including the cool factor? Does the Ozone satisfy your current and future (potential) needs? These are probably some of the questions you should ask when deciding which one to get. I personally wouldn't mind spending more to get what I need. Furthermore, it's better to follow your heart in this kind of situation since this is all about a hobby and a passion; getting something you don't like would probably see you spending more money in the future to replace the cockpit that you buy now. Indeed, how could I resist getting myself something reminiscent of a Batmobile, haha!

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for all the idea's man. The main thing I would be using the cockpit for would obviously be sim-racing, but I also want it for general gaming and some netflix etc.:)

Hmmm, well, for me, I chose the R3volution because of the fully-articulating table, monitor mount, and keyboard tray. I needed the fully-articulating table because of work, so I can place books on it and move it to beside my face at a tilted position to facilitate ease of typing. At least, that's one of the reasons I convinced myself the R3volution cockpit is for me, lol. :P

Back