Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Wasn't disagreeing, just saying that even the scene-taxed GT-Rs aren't much more than a poverty-spec supermini! Not a car you need to be super-rich to buy (though you may need a bit of cash for fuel/insurance...).

Jay
I go to bed and this thread splodes! Interesting read while I sip my morning coffee.

This thread sploded again. Another interesting read while I sip my late night coffee...

ohhh noes, it will be dark again when he comes back from "work".

Looks like we have to wait for summer then :lol:

Seems like I missed all the good bits when I went to sleep then went out!
Watch your mouth. My daughter goes there. Just because you're a under achiever insulting them does not make you better.

That's a bit of a strong comment coming from someone who can't use 'a' and 'an' properly. And I never once mentioned your daughter, in fact I didn't even know you had a daughter, therefore I did not 'insult' your daughter. But if you're going to say that I called her a straight-A snob, then I called her intelligent too.

You also must've had her at a young age. If she is at college now, she will most likely be 16/17 at the youngest, meaning you had a daughter when you were 20/19. Having a child at that age isn't really a good image, is it? Before you start saying I'm insulting you now, my sister is turning 21 in a few weeks and she has 2 kids, so if I'm insulting you, I must be insulting her too.
Ok. sorry, but I was just casually cruising threads. Did someone just insult Katie? Back off now. I'm willing to be banned from GTP for Katie.

Don't worry, I'm not crying over the fact a 36 year old man called me an under achiever over the internet. I have better things to cry over, like when Mufasa dies in The Lion King.
:lol: It's just I owe so much to Katie. She is a wonderful person, and I get defensive. I;m not a White Knight, just think of me as someone in debt. I'll stay out of this. Just hope he apologizes like the adult he claims to be.

You owe me? I owe you! You tuned loads of cars for me! How do you owe me? :lol:

This one?
*JPM pic snipped*

Yep, that's the one, and i agree the location does check out. I seached for the company on the webz, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.
I did manage to find a minor discrepancy though (not related to the magazine article): He claims to have sold the car for 14k, yet the guy who supposedly bought the car off him claims to have only paid 11k for it... One of them may be telling porky pies i suspect.

[EDIT] I do like the car though, props to him if he did infact own it. 👍

[EDIT..Again]
Actually, the guy who claimed to have bought it off him, looks to be actually the third owner in the UK, it appears the second UK owner told him that he imported it personally.. which would be BS if 'EatmyRB26' sold it in 05. The third guy (who thought he was the second UK owner) claims he bought it for 11k in 07.... So apologies from me EatmyRB26, so far your claim about the JGTC does seem to ring true. (not that you should care what i think anyway). 👍

Last edited:
Does anyone have a pic of the car he supposedly owns? I mean a pic he has supposedly taken? And not the one of a house.

Actually I think even the house needs a GT banner on it.

Or maybe park the bus outside.

All of this picture nonsense.

Most modern cellular devices (including iphones) can record videos.
And yes, Iphone 3G/3GS have the ability to upload videos.

Why not demand a video instead of pictures? :lol:

Ok, can I just clarify/summarize this for myself please(?)

Are you all basically grilling EatmyRB26 over his claim of owning (a) certain Sports car(s)?
I don't have the patience to read the entire conversation :lol:

Thanks.
Xm

:lol: People are over complicating this far too much and pics from inside the car won't prove much, I could do that in my Dads car.

Anyone can walk up to a car with a piece of paper though. A shot from inside the car would mean he at least went through the trouble of asking the owner first.:lol:

A picture from inside the car with the keys in the ignition would be pretty convincing, I think.

It may only be the 5th of January, but we already have a candidate for quote of the year. 👍

I know people tend to forget epic quotes made in the beginning of the year. I just bookmarked that one just to be sure.:D

EDIT: If all we're asking for is pics of the interior or with a piece of paper in the same photo as the car then I'll own the first C6 Z06 off the factory floor next time I visit Maryland. I could never get my hands on his keys, though(:(), so I figure that adds an extra bit of effort to get away with the lie, at the very least.

Last edited:
Ok, can I just clarify/summarize this for myself please(?)

Are you all basically grilling EatmyRB26 over his claim of owning (a) certain Sports car(s)?

Yes, because...

AUP
You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

...and it's fun.

Anyone can walk up to a car with a piece of paper though. A shot from inside the car would mean he at least went through the trouble of asking the owner first.:lol:

"Hello Sir, that's a very nice Bugatti Veyron you have there. May I claim this car to be mine on the internet so I can score a chick? Pretty please?"

I insist on a video of start up and drive off with the title or a payment note. Thats only a supplement to my primary request for receipt of sale with notorized statements from atleast 3 people stating who the owner is and what type of car is in question.

Of course I dont expect any of that since I doubt hes the owner... If he were this would have ended long ago.

Also I just read back and it seemed like famine suggested that he could be a former(banned) member. Isn't that a violation of the AUP in itself?

Or have you granted him a stay of execution?

Y'all never saw this picture.
702511_4361809605058_1294551877_n.jpg

Latest Posts

Back