Optimal Logitech g923 wheel settings compilation thread

I've been summoned! :)

G923 Recommended Settings
Max Torque - 10
FFB Sensitivity - 1 (increase to 4/5 for road cars)
Vibration - 50
I wish I had read this recommendation long ago.
I always thought it was the other way around and had my FFB sensitivity on 10!

I also believed that the vibration setup was something for the controller (in fact, the menu is under the controller tab) and never touch it.
Had it on 100 by default and now on 50 the trueforce is so smooth.

The 3 changes togheter made the g923 like a new improved wheel to me.

Thank you very much!

P.S.: my next upgrade will be getting the pro pedals with the adapter for my g923 wheel

I wish I had read this recommendation long ago.
I always thought it was the other way around and had my FFB sensitivity on 10!

I also believed that the vibration setup was something for the controller (in fact, the menu is under the controller tab) and never touch it.
Had it on 100 by default and now on 50 the trueforce is so smooth.

The 3 changes togheter made the g923 like a new improved wheel to me.

Thank you very much!

P.S.: my next upgrade will be getting the pro pedals with the adapter for my g923 wheel
Try the trubrake mod. I used that and never cared about another pedal set.

Try the trubrake mod. I used that and never cared about another pedal set.
I thought about it, but I also wanted to change from potentiometers to contactless hall sensors.

I dont have my setup in a dusty environmet and however, after 3 years of use without any problem I now have to dissasemble them very often to clean the potentiometers because of some weird flickering on the accelerator.

I thought about it, but I also wanted to change from potentiometers to contactless hall sensors.

I dont have my setup in a dusty environmet and however, after 3 years of use without any problem I now have to dissasemble them very often to clean the potentiometers because of some weird flickering on the accelerator.

I'm still using 10 torque / 1 sensitivity per Rich's previous suggestions (G923). However, I adjusted the vibration strength back to 100 (I think it's under settings -> controller -> vibration - you can't access from the in-race menu, only the main options menu). I was at 50 before and my first drive post-update felt like the wheel was dead - but at 100 vibration strength, it felt pretty close to pre-update.

Perhaps PD tweaked the FFB settings so that 100% vibration strength more closely correlates to 100% FFB strength on the wheel. If you read Rich's long post on page 1, he recommended 50% and anything over 75% strength would be very noisy (pre-update).

Last edited:
I think it's increasingly clear post-1.49 that different cars could benefit from different settings, although that's more applicable with the higher torque DD wheels. For G29 with 2.3Nm of torque, just go for it. I'm not detecting clipping with the cars I've tried though.

I think it's increasingly clear post-1.49 that different cars could benefit from different settings, although that's more applicable with the higher torque DD wheels. For G29 with 2.3Nm of torque, just go for it. I'm not detecting clipping with the cars I've tried though.
Will do. Thanks.

Just wanted to say I changed to 10/10 on the g29 and if felt really good on both gr4 and gr3. Thanks for the suggestion.

Good evening, I'm new to this world.
What an excellent topic. Congratulations on the level of information exchange here.

Until yesterday I was using a G29 with the configuration at 10/10 and now I have a 923. I felt a big difference and I will follow your recommendations on its settings.

One question, is it normal for it to vibrate like this all the time?

Last edited:
Good evening, I'm new to this world.
What an excellent topic. Congratulations on the level of information exchange here.

Until yesterday I was using a G29 with the configuration at 10/10 and now I have a 923. I felt a big difference and I will follow your recommendations on its settings.

One question, is it normal for it to vibrate like this all the time?
True Force gives the G923 rumble functionality, the G29 lacks. This is likely what you're noticing.

Are you and @jlbmel still using these settings?

I just picked up a G923 and about to start transitioning from pad to wheel
I am still using the same settings. I just recently purchased a new G923 to replace my old worn wheel and the settings feel even better. In fact, I have considered lowering the vibration level slightly in the future.

I've been summoned! :)

So, here's how I see things, based on my experiences. Do note as well that now that Sony have updated the console, you will now always be getting Trueforce on the G923 (whereas previously, if you had the wheel already plugged in when you first started the console, if you started a Trueforce game then the wheel would not be in Trueforce mode).

Max Torque
Set it wherever you like - at any setting with G923 and Pro Wheel you will not get clipping. This is because part of the benefit of the Trueforce interface is that the developer knows the torque level of the wheel and (so far) all developers who have support Trueforce have reserved the peak torque of the wheel for peak torque effects, such as bumps, kerbs etc. With the Pro Wheel you can see this because of the OLED screen that it has - steer into a hard corner at high speed with the Max Torque set to 10, Strength on the wheel at 11Nm and the torque meter on the OLED will show around 7.5-8Nm.

Sensitivity
As the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen in GT7 says, this changes the feeling of the wheel as you turn it from centre and makes it more responsive to forces. I think of it as changing the steepness of the force curve that they apply - 1 has a lower slope force curve, whereas 10 is very high. Personally for me, 1 is the generally the way to go because it feels more natural in the vast majority of cars. You can ramp it up a few notches for road cars, but the second you drive anything with downforce you're going to quickly run into oscillation problems, because that steep centering force curve and the overall heightened response of the wheel to forces means that it's going to be constantly trying to move. Have it set too high and the cars just feel too robotic for me. Again, outside of the oscillation issue I mention with the higher group cars, this is personal and what works for one person might not work for another.

Vibration
Unfortunately not accessible from the pause menu (only the options on the World Map or pre-race screens), this one is essential for Trueforce-enabled wheels because Polyphony use this to control the vibrotactile (or Trueforce Audio as we refer to it) level. Totally personal preference here, but I would say that anything over 75 is going to be very noisy. On the G923 this will result in some big vibrations, depending on what the wheel is attached to. As always, my recommendation for where to set this side of Trueforce is always to make it subtle and not overwhelming the experience. It's up to you though - if you want it to cause your rig to dance across the room then go nuts :)

As far as I can see the controller sensitivity has zero effect on the wheel.

TL;DR

G923 Recommended Settings
Max Torque - 10
FFB Sensitivity - 1 (increase to 4/5 for road cars)
Vibration - 50
I'm using it on my ps5 for gt sport on g923 10-5-75 I'm loving it. Thanks

Back