Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 86 comments
Italy, man.

giorgia-cheese.jpg
Jealous ? :sly:

Hats off to Rafa Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz - not only are they great tennis players, but clearly they are very good swimmers too...

F5227414-AC0B-46B0-AADB-09B87E88105D.jpeg

Last edited:
Like every other Olympics..

I couldn’t actually give a **** about the quality of volleyball being played

Last edited:
I heard the United States recently won over 3K medals, Summer and Winter Olympics combined. I also heard no other country has a combined 1.5K medals across Summer and Winter Olympics. Good job by the USA!

I heard the United States recently won over 3K medals, Summer and Winter Olympics combined.
Not quite yet. The USA was at 2,959 beforehand and has won 30 medals thus far.
I also heard no other country has a combined 1.5K medals across Summer and Winter Olympics.
That depends on if you count Russia as the successor to the Soviet Union, wherein they have 1,748.

France and America could never. Although this has to be more embarrassing for France.
French girls with Camembert hanging off their crotch wouldn’t have the same appeal

View attachment 1377243

I've got an Accumulator on Paddy Power for 3 trans athletes this year, so hopefully Imane doesn't get disqualified!
You...........have..............NO IDEA........how much noise all of this has produced here in the past 2 days :mad: I don't talk about politics here, and sincerly I still don't wanna do it, but trust me if I say that this was, in our words, "una figura di M" (a S-show) :banghead:

Thank God Italy just won 2 golds in 20 minutes (Kayak and Judo, against Israel nonetheless), with a possible 3rd tonight in fencing :lol:

Last edited:
You...........have..............NO IDEA........how much noise all of this has produced here in the past 2 days :mad: I don't talk about politics here, and sincerly I still don't wanna do it, but trust me if I say that this was, in our words, "una figura di M" (a S-show) :banghead:

Thank God Italy just won 2 golds in 20 minutes (Kayak and Judo, against Israel nonetheless), with a possible 3rd tonight in fencing :lol:
Feel so bad for Carini, her life's work ruined!

At least you guys have a decent Track and Field presence!

Last edited:
They know two things about swimming, and both are that there's a transwoman swimmer.

FINA's very stringent gender regs though meant Lia Thomas couldn’t race in the Olympic trials, and for some reason four-time Olympian Katie Ledecky (who won her first gold at 15 in 2012) is who they've confused her with.

Semi-linked, the Algerian Olympic Committee hit back at "baseless propaganda from certain foreign media outlets" about Imane Khelif before the fight. As Algeria isn't a very trans-friendly (or any LGBTQIA) nation - it's illegal - it'd seem odd to select and defend her if she were. And Khelif competed in Tokyo too...

I don't think Khelif is a male-to-female trans, but there's no question she's jockddddd. Some of the female swimmers are bigger than she, but they all have massive backs and lats and don't look nearly as cut up. They look like huge chicks, not wiry dudes.

The other Chinese one, Lin Yu Ting, I think is a horrible boxer. I saw her fight against the short Uzbek girl and she was getting her ass kicked, but the punches didn't do any damage. The stupid ref kept stopping the fight every time the Uzbek closed the space and go into Lin's body. It was totally unfair for her and eventually the taller Chinese "girl" just did a Wladimir Klitschko strategy with retreating and jabbing. Her compatriot Huang Hsiao Wen similarly got her ass kicked by a small Montenegro girl, but this girl just didn't have any power to put her away. You can't knock someone out as a girl when they're wearing headgear.

These two girls are extremely androgynous though. It's crazy for a combat sport.

Update: Khelif won her quarter final and she will officially be an olympic medalist :D

Also, a gold out of nowhere for Italy.............in the WINDSURF :lol: (2nd ever, 1st in 2000)

Last edited:
I don't think Khelif is a male-to-female trans, but there's no question she's jockddddd. Some of the female swimmers are bigger than she, but they all have massive backs and lats and don't look nearly as cut up. They look like huge chicks, not wiry dudes.

The other Chinese one, Lin Yu Ting, I think is a horrible boxer. I saw her fight against the short Uzbek girl and she was getting her ass kicked, but the punches didn't do any damage. The stupid ref kept stopping the fight every time the Uzbek closed the space and go into Lin's body. It was totally unfair for her and eventually the taller Chinese "girl" just did a Wladimir Klitschko strategy with retreating and jabbing. Her compatriot Huang Hsiao Wen similarly got her ass kicked by a small Montenegro girl, but this girl just didn't have any power to put her away. You can't knock someone out as a girl when they're wearing headgear.

These two girls are extremely androgynous though. It's crazy for a combat sport.

I do Masters Swim Club at my local YMCA, and being that I’m in San Diego, it’s chock-full of ex-collegiate swimmers and water polo players, with quite a few Olympic Rings tattoos. A lot of these swimmers, all well into their 30s-40’s-50’s by now, are just massive. People don’t seem to realize the gifted natural talent and attributes - coupled with crazy training regimes to be even a little bit successful at the elite level.

To the issue with Imane; just like in men’s boxing (don’t know a whole lot about women), there is a very large discrepancy in body types at that featherweight division.

So...........the fastest woman on the planet...........is from Saint Lucia 🇱🇨 :eek: I love the Olympics :D

Also Musetti, with his bronze, gave Italy the 1st tennis medal in 100 years ago :lol: Hoping for gold tomorrow with the ladies double :D

P.S. and now the women's triple is won by a girl from Dominica 🇩🇲 :embarrassed: 1st ever medal for them :D

Last edited:
Latest musings...

* Congratulations on Saint Lucia on knocking down its first Olympic medal!

* I was rather gutted seeing the USA women get trounced late by the Netherlands in the 4x 400m Relay. Had to settle for Silver.

* Can we all just admit and admire the awesomeness of Simone Biles and Katie Ledecky in their respective sports?

* Great job by the USA women taking down Japan 1-0 in women's football (as in soccer).

* I was amused by Carlos Yulo of the Philippines in Men's Floor Exercise.

Still a lot of Olympics to complete, but enjoying the action!

[UPDATE] Carlos, not Caloy.

Last edited:
* I was rather gutted seeing the USA women get trounced late by the Netherlands in the 4x 400m Relay. Had to settle for Silver.
Umm, they most definitely were not "trounced". That was the mixed relay, not the women. Femke Bol ran something like the 6th fastest relay split time ever recorded. Kaylyn Brown ran even faster than her time in semi-finals, but the men ran slower. That's saying something though when their previous combined time is the world record. All the men needed to do was combine for an extra 5 tenths of a second and Bol wouldn't have been able to close the gap. She was freaking flying though and got it done by the slimmest of margins. It was a great race and that's what makes it fun to watch.

The UK's Amber Rutter was awarded the silver medal in the Women's Skeet shooting today, however she may have grounds to appeal - the match went to Sudden Death, and Rutter was judged to have missed her shot, however she immediately raised her hand to indicate that she had seen it hit. Replays showed that she was in fact correct, but she was denied the shot and lost out on another chance for the gold medal as a result. Hopefully they might decide to award Rutter a gold as that's a very harsh way to lose out on the top spot.

Scottie Scheffler took gold in the men's golf today, a stunning final round fightback, tying the course record to clinch it. Rahm was 4 shots clear at one point but dropped 6 shots on the back 9 to finish T5.

Gold: Scottie Scheffler - USA
Silver: Tommy Fleetwood - GB
Bronze: Hideki Matsuyama - Japan

Also Musetti, with his bronze, gave Italy the 1st tennis medal in 100 years ago :lol: Hoping for gold tomorrow with the ladies double :D
GOLD ACHIEVED :gtpflag: Erranni also officially did the Golden Slam, just like Djokovic did today, but in the doubles :sly:

Valterri Bottas' Canadian clone Ethan Katzberg won gold in hammer throw with a new olympic record. The Australians and the Finns are contesting, claiming the need for a DNA test. /s :lol:

It was wild seeing that World Record pole vault by Sweden's Duplantis a day or two ago. The crowd had so much energy cheering him on. My goodness did he come through on that lovely pole vault World Record attempt!

This has turned out to be a pretty good Olympics for Australia. The best ever in fact. 🔥

Valterri Bottas' Canadian clone Ethan Katzberg won gold in hammer throw with a new olympic record. The Australians and the Finns are contesting, claiming the need for a DNA test. /s :lol:
We've claimed Bottas as an Aussie. Can we claim her too? :lol:

Back