Pay-to-Play Weekly Challenges now?

• Thread starter Badstdad
  • 65 comments
United States
United States
This may not be the 1st or the only time we've been forced to purchase a car to compete in and/or complete the Weekly Challenges, but I can't remember having to before. What's up with that, PD? Is it because nobody playing gt7 wants or would otherwise EVER buy a Volvo? I know I don't. And in protest I will not complete ANY challenges this week. PD, you seem to be running out of iconic cars? I can understand that. But instead of forcing us to buy our grandmother's Volvo in another update, how about some NEW TRACKS? I realize my opinion re: Volvo may not be universal, there's not 1 GT7 player who would complain about new venues. There are dozens of possible candidates, including off-road (hint, hint). What say, PD?

Every single race (outside of missions and licenses) requires you to purchase a car so you can actually do the race. Shocking stuff.
Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

I've been doing it wrong this whole time!

In all seriousness it's not an expensive car and I got tickets for completing the 5 events. If you don't want to race then that's fine, just don't moan on here about it. They're showcasing a new car.

Normally folks complain when PD adds cars and we don't have anywhere to race them. But you're complaining that we have to actually buy a car and use it in a race? How dare PD do something like that? Making us spend hard credits on a car for race. I think I'm going to uninstall it now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do agree with the general distaste of the concept. It seems a bit forced/naff, and there are better options...

For example if the new car was used in the Time Trials, at least then you could try it (rent) for free. I think this has been done several times. And/or add a normal event featuring the car, with good (or excellent) payout, which also expands the content of the game. Also I don't understand why PD don't modify the payouts of the events in every update, to change the best grinds to something different (for example to a newly added car). Surely that would be good businesses for PD to promote with the car manufacturers i.e. seeing immediate massive gameplay hours attributed to their car (rather than a one off small event)

Conversely it's assumed that most people want to (eventually) get all the cars anyway, so why not just buy it (with credits obtained from grinding). Yawn :guilty:

Last edited:
This may not be the 1st or the only time we've been forced to purchase a car to compete in and/or complete the Weekly Challenges, but I can't remember having to before. What's up with that, PD? Is it because nobody playing gt7 wants or would otherwise EVER buy a Volvo? I know I don't. And in protest I will not complete ANY challenges this week. PD, you seem to be running out of iconic cars? I can understand that. But instead of forcing us to buy our grandmother's Volvo in another update, how about some NEW TRACKS? I realize my opinion re: Volvo may not be universal, there's not 1 GT7 player who would complain about new venues. There are dozens of possible candidates, including off-road (hint, hint). What say, PD?
You PAID for this game, why stop now?

Complains about new cars, but then wants more off road stuff…. 🤣

I, for one, think it's great to see new races that feature newly-added machines, even if they're the temporary events like with this current Volvo V40 one-make at the Red Bull Ring, or the events featuring the Lamborghini Urus or Renault 4. For what it's worth, I'd like to see even more classic events from previous events being realized in this way if they cannot be added to World Circuits permanently. For example, we've had the Tourist Trophy return like this - why not the Type R Meeting, Evolution Meeting, or perhaps Boxer Spirit?

Even if not, I'm still down to see these one-make events. My bet is that the next special event could again feature the V40, but maybe this time at a dirt/snow course such as Fisherman's Ranch. Alternatively, I could totally see a one-make race for the EG-generation Civic that we just got, especially since it'd be ineligible for a hypothetical return of the Type R Meeting. I can see it now - especially at either version of Suzuka.

Last edited:
Wow. Hopefully PD wont do down the pan due to his`protest`.

I, for one, think it's great to see new races that feature newly-added machines, even if they're the temporary events like with this current Volvo V40 one-make at the Red Bull Ring, or the events featuring the Lamborghini Urus or Renault 4. For what it's worth, I'd like to see even more classic events from previous events being realized in this way if they cannot be added to World Circuits permanently. For example, we've had the Tourist Trophy return like this - why not the Type R Meeting, Evolution Meeting, or perhaps Boxer Spirit?
My only concern with that is when the servers go offline we'd lose access to all those unique events. I'm fine with the one-off one makes, but I think it'd better serve the player if events like the ones I bolded were added to world circuits.

Last edited:
I am waiting for a weekly challenge with the mclaren p1 which cost 3.6M.
Or, more funny, with any 20M car from the LCD 😆.
In that case, and only that, i will be agree with this pay to play theory.

Latest Posts

Back