Pay-to-Play Weekly Challenges now?

• Thread starter Badstdad
  • 65 comments
Of the times you have needed one specific car, they've been very inexpensive. They're not asking you to buy a million+ legends car 🙄

I wouldn't call it pay to play but I'm not a fan of needing to modify the car for these races, it's a event designed to showcase a new car and you have to pimp it up to have the pace to close the 12 odd seconds on the leaders, it doesn't make much sense to me.
I won the Volvo race with the car stock. 😇

Of the times you have needed one specific car, they've been very inexpensive. They're not asking you to buy a million+ legends car 🙄
People complain about the dumbest things sometimes. There are a lot of legitimate things to complain about with this game, but like you, I don't see how having to buy a car for a race is a legit complaint. It is more-or-less a B&M if anything.

If we are to complain about that then why bother playing considering a majority of the races in this game requires the purchase of a car to compete with.

Last edited:
This may not be the 1st or the only time we've been forced to purchase a car to compete in and/or complete the Weekly Challenges, but I can't remember having to before. What's up with that, PD? Is it because nobody playing gt7 wants or would otherwise EVER buy a Volvo? I know I don't. And in protest I will not complete ANY challenges this week. PD, you seem to be running out of iconic cars? I can understand that. But instead of forcing us to buy our grandmother's Volvo in another update, how about some NEW TRACKS? I realize my opinion re: Volvo may not be universal, there's not 1 GT7 player who would complain about new venues. There are dozens of possible candidates, including off-road (hint, hint). What say, PD?
Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

Last edited:
Never buy anything, ever. Ever ever. That is the only true way.
It's quite funny, actually. This is my personal opening strategy from when I first put the disc in the console, to see how far I can get in the game through the RNG of gift cars and prize cars.

Unfortunately that game became redundant when I realised they created GT7 with the explicit intent of discouraging that behaviour.

This may not be the 1st or the only time we've been forced to purchase a car to compete in and/or complete the Weekly Challenges, but I can't remember having to before. What's up with that, PD? Is it because nobody playing gt7 wants or would otherwise EVER buy a Volvo? I know I don't. And in protest I will not complete ANY challenges this week. PD, you seem to be running out of iconic cars? I can understand that. But instead of forcing us to buy our grandmother's Volvo in another update, how about some NEW TRACKS? I realize my opinion re: Volvo may not be universal, there's not 1 GT7 player who would complain about new venues. There are dozens of possible candidates, including off-road (hint, hint). What say, PD?
Understandable. I for one cannot stand Tesla and EV’s. I think they are the devil and should all burn in hell. I refuse to drive or buy and if they pop up in the weekly challenges I skip that event. Yeah I miss out on a bonus but I think it speaks volumes to skip a specific event than the lot as a whole.

It's quite funny, actually. This is my personal opening strategy from when I first put the disc in the console, to see how far I can get in the game through the RNG of gift cars and prize cars.

Unfortunately that game became redundant when I realised they created GT7 with the explicit intent of discouraging that behaviour.
They did a good job if you do all the license tests and missions and such, but because so much is locked behind getting to level 50 collector, it is clear, it is not possible. Close, but the land lord demands their pounds of flesh, for being a fan and all.

What are you saying is not possible?
I read "level 50 players are abominations of gamers, because it would otherwise be impossible to reach" aka "I want instant access to everything the game has to offer because I dont want to spend any time if I cant use the stuff I wouldnt use anyway"

Wow, it's only a bloody game, you people are acting like it is real money coming out of your wallets to pay for everything.
It's just a game.
It isn't as much of a game as it could be. That is a big part of why player retention has not been so hot. A few simple tweaks and some offline career options outside menu books would massively open the game up.

Imagine playing Resident Evil 2 Remake, but instead of ammo, you can only find gunpowder. Which is extremely hard to spawn, it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun to play. GT7 and its economy has exactly the same drawback.

It isn't as much of a game as it could be. That is a big part of why player retention has not been so hot. A few simple tweaks and some offline career options outside menu books would massively open the game up.

Imagine playing Resident Evil 2 Remake, but instead of ammo, you can only find gunpowder. Which is extremely hard to spawn, it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun to play. GT7 and its economy has exactly the same drawback.
Except in Resident Evil there exists a legitimate no ammo/minimal ammo strategy.

You won't get far in Gran Turismo without owning any cars.

Good job then that there's over 100 of them available for free for completing events (one of which gets you a third of the way to CL50 on its own, though requires ~4m credits to complete, while others more than make up the next third), along with 50m credits...

Moving back to the original post, it's not the first event where the vehicle has to be bought and has no other specific use in the various World Circuits races (although all cars can be used somewhere) - and not by a long shot.

At least this one is only 40,000cr and is in Brand Central though...

Except in Resident Evil there exists a legitimate no ammo/minimal ammo strategy.

Yeah, that's true. For hard-core players that strategy is awesome (PC 120fps mode making knife damage broken go brrrrrrr!), however, for most it isn't fun

He's probably "moaning" about paying credits to buy a Volvo whilst having 20m credits .. 🤣🤣🤣.. it's not exactly a lot of credits to buy the volvo . ...

Understandable. I for one cannot stand Tesla and EV’s. I think they are the devil and should all burn in hell. I refuse to drive or buy and if they pop up in the weekly challenges I skip that event. Yeah I miss out on a bonus but I think it speaks volumes to skip a specific event than the lot as a whole.
You stalwart anti-EV guys crack me up. You've obviously never driven one IRL, nor do I think your opinion is free of bias that has nothing to do with cars, driving, or fun.

How deep does the chip on your shoulder go? Every automotive journalist in the world loves the new Ionic 5N... it handles amazingly, is very fast, looks good, and provides a thoroughly sporting experience...what are your thoughts?

You stalwart anti-EV guys crack me up. You've obviously never driven one IRL, nor do I think your opinion is free of bias that has nothing to do with cars, driving, or fun.

How deep does the chip on your shoulder go? Every automotive journalist in the world loves the new Ionic 5N... it handles amazingly, is very fast, looks good, and provides a thoroughly sporting experience...what are your thoughts?
I hate to admit that I already had a soft spot for the Ionic 5 prior to the N. Something about the design is captivating to me. Unfortunately it has an electric motor. Lol. Then the N came out, which I do appreciate.

Much to your surprise, I have driven an EV. A Mustang GT Mach E and I found myself underwhelmed and disconnected from the whole experience. I work at a Ford dealer and was given the opportunity to take it home for the night so I put it through its paces. I went in with an open mind expecting it to be changed but I wasn’t convinced. I’m also not too fond of the latest and greatest tech that needs to cater to my every desire that breeds lazy and unconscious drivers but that’s a whole other discussion.

I live in Southern California so I hope that gives you context behind my unhealthy and growing hatred of Teslas and EV’s and the blatant push has left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. The chip on my shoulder runs deeps. It wasn’t always this way though.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back