Pay-to-Play Weekly Challenges now?

• Thread starter Badstdad
  • 65 comments
I am at a loss at how this car can still carry the name Mustang.
To me it is not similar at all and should have recieved a different name, it’s a different type of customer anyway.
They should have just called it a Mach E and left it at that.

Moving back to the original post, it's not the first event where the vehicle has to be bought and has no other specific use in the various World Circuits races (although all cars can be used somewhere) - and not by a long shot.
I read this and thought "that's a puzzle to solve to prove!" and so, instead of going to bed, I wasted some time on it so that my maths degree spent writing proofs out can be useful for something for a few minutes:
  • All 505 cars in the game are tagged as one of #Road Car, #Racing Car or #Professionally Tuned
    • Every car tagged #Road Car is trivially usable in the Sunday Cup (306/505)
    • Every car tagged #Professionally Tuned is under 700 PP stock, so is usable in the Monza Clubman Cup+ race (322/505)
    • Every car tagged #Racing Car is usable in the Gr.1 Prototype Series if it can be brought under 950 PP while on racing tyres
      • Every such car that is under 950 PP stock can tautologically be brought under 950 PP (496/505)
      • The Jaguar VGT SV, Chaparral VGT and X2014 can all be brought under 950 PP using the ECU restrictor, power restrictor and/or ballast (499/505)
    • The 4 Super Formulas can be entered into the Super Formula events (503/505)
    • The Tomahawk GTS-R cannot be made eligible for the Gr.1 Prototype Series; however through a combination of ECU restrictor, power restrictor, ballast and comfort tyres it can be brought under 900 PP and made eligible for the WTC900 (which has no tyre requirements) (504/505)
The Tomahawk X, as far as I can tell, is the sole car that can't be made eligible for any World Circuits events. I'd also note that while you can use it in a few events, the ID.R is also not viable in any events because of its pitiful battery life and non-eligibility for any races without a fuel multiplier. But it's just those two.

This may not be the 1st or the only time we've been forced to purchase a car to compete in and/or complete the Weekly Challenges, but I can't remember having to before. What's up with that, PD? Is it because nobody playing gt7 wants or would otherwise EVER buy a Volvo? I know I don't. And in protest I will not complete ANY challenges this week. PD, you seem to be running out of iconic cars? I can understand that. But instead of forcing us to buy our grandmother's Volvo in another update, how about some NEW TRACKS? I realize my opinion re: Volvo may not be universal, there's not 1 GT7 player who would complain about new venues. There are dozens of possible candidates, including off-road (hint, hint). What say, PD?
So @Badstdad, (Badsaintdad or badstreetdad?) as you just seem to have made this and then ran away, I was wondering if you had any further angry comments to add or were you just having a bad day?

Back