PD IS NEGLECTFUL AND TONE DEAF

• Thread starter Cardo_
  • 63 comments

Why does PD ignore its fans?

• Because they want you to feel addicted to the chance of winning a large prize.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I reckon there's a logical or practical reason for most of GT7's oddities:
  • Roulette tickets are designed to encourage daily logins, a metric that is focused on by Corporate a fair bit. They do keep a lot of us coming back, going slowly insane waiting for the Escudo engine, but coming back nonetheless.
  • There's a fairly short guided campaign because most players are not enthusiasts and will play less than 30 hours.
  • The only practical road to collecting all the cars involves replaying the 4 (out of 160+) events that pay tremendously more than everything else, over 110 times each because... I don't know. I'd say it's neglect, probably not malicious neglect (Hanlon's razor and all that), the developers just have priorities besides adding gameplay to the late-game; very unfortunate for the enthusiasts.

I think PD has a culture where Kaz is the only one who is allowed to make design decisions. He seems to live in his own little bubble and ignores all the feedback from fans. And when once every few years outsiders are allowed to actually interview him for a few minutes, they only ask very polite questions and don't confront him with critique.

I just hope T10 Studios will show PD how it's done with the next Forza Motorsports game.
This happens quite often in meetings with one big boss and a couple of team members far far below him.

Perhaps Kaz came to a meeting on a rainy Monday morning, was quite sad and, in order to reduce his stress level and waiting for being grounded, he suggested:

• let's use a stupid roulette based system to allow our costumers to buy some cars,
  • let's sell the game with a beta physical and then change it iteratively so that the customers have a chance to adapt all their tunes from time to time
  • let's apply a kind of inflation for legendary cars because this makes the driving simulator better
  • let us offer two cars as legends and take them from the market after two show ups, because just those customers, who bought first, should finish their collections

But nobody grounded him. They just shouted:
Great idea boss. You are The Brain.

Next day, GT7 was launched..

Cheers
M

Back