PD/Kazunori things we'd like to see for the next 1.0.6 update

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saving during Endurance races would be a big plus. There is no way I could find the time to fit in a 24 hour race ever. Especially as my PS3 serves time on PlayTV duty for others. Hell I don't even have a free day where I can lock away 4 hours for a race until the end of January.

AI improvement, that is all. Basically just replace the AI behaviour and collision sounds/physics with those from prologue.

It never ceases to amaze me how these things took a step backwards from GT5P to GT5 :confused:

-speed up b-spec like in gt4. Its soooo boring. But you gotta do it.

Not going to lie, I haven't even touched B-Spec and I propably never will.

Agreed though, based on the 10 minutes I spent in B-spec in GT4 I can understand that it would be very painful so sit through an entire race at normal speed

I would like the ability to create "car collections" which would basically be multiple favorite lists that I could name. So I could make a Corvettes list, and a Muscle Car list, etc, and access them via tabs in the garage rather than having to tailor a custom search each time.

1)
The game should store a local db file that contains:

car used | car parts and settings | track name | laps | total time | best time

This file should be viewable from the gtlife screen as a spreadsheet with sorting abilities and filters.

This way, during a career we can judge if one car we bought is better than another, we can easily see which tunes work by tinkering, we can resuse our tunes, we can experiment and compare lap times. Not to mention it would create some self competition.

Currently, I am having to write my own external program to do the same thing and manually enter values.

2)
Audio settings should affect engine volume!!!!
I cannot hear the background music over the blaring engine noise. Adjusting volume settings only turns down the skid noises and currently does not affect engine noise.

3)
Add a little more variety to the AI. Make certain drivers more or less aggresive, take them off the track driving line, have a coupld take short cuts off the road once in awhile where it is already obvious. Make some more wreckless and others more careful. etc. etc. It would be really neat to name them and have a big pool where we might recognize some from earlier events.

4)
The game desperatly needs more tracks and events.

5)
Realistic car damage that carries over from event to event in career mode. Currently, I always have to pay the same price for chassis repair whether it is alot or a little damage. the damage isn't realisitic... cornering is not all the should be effected. I should feel bumps when i blow a tire, I should be able to dmg my engine, I should be able to blow out my brakes, etc. and be able to perform "repairs" for these things.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been listed, but I would really like to see more wheel options.

-adjustable deadzone (this NEEDS to be done!!)
-adjustable wheel weight (how heavy the wheel feels)
-adjustable environmental effects (FFB coming from the road, walls & other cars)

-Ability to save during pit-stops at endurance races
-Change wheels on standard cars and more wheel options would be nice
-A place to buy paint chips
-Some DLC content for more tracks/events and upgrading standard cars to premium

I'll take number 5 and 6, other than that, just being able to save during endurance, as you mentioned, but more realistically,
Qualifying.
Saving in between championship races.
(possibly the ability to do other things in between championship races, such as doing a b-spec race in between a-spec championship, etc.)

More A-Spec events would be nice.

Oh, and more premium cars that can be RM'd would be nice too. Still bugs me that we have two Corvettes that can be RM'd but none of the Vipers can do it.

After reading a bit through this thread, it seems people like to focus too much on some things unrelated to the racing experience, and others like arcade racer functions. Remember, this is supposed to be a sim. In real life, you can't "save and store" multiple suspension setups.

Here are a few realistic things I would love to see:

-Ability to chose your tire and wheel size, width and height, along with offset and have these settings affect the actual performance of the car. In some cases, this can have a bigger performance gain or decrease than suspension mods.

-More tracks, specifically some well known tracks from around the world besides the best known. there are some tracks that are far more fun to drive, but are less known, in the world. For example, Mosport International Raceway in Ontario, Canada. Turn 2 on this track is rated among the top 10 hardest to master in the world and used to host a number of different forms of cars, from CanAm monsters to at one time F1 type cars. It is currently a stop on the ALMS circuit.

-Begone with some of the multiples of some cars, especially the slowest cars that are utterly useless (Midget D-Type comes to mind). Replace these cars with a greater variety of everyday cars that many people drive, and not just in Japan. There are cars like the Dodge Neon that are very popular with autocross racers. Why is it that I can't buy ANY of the vehicles that I have owned in real life in the game?

Thats my take on things anyway. Sure there are many other things, but these would mean the most to me, but I wouldn't be hurt if they didn't come.

On top of multiple tuning saves would really love an option to jump straight to the tuning shop and buy/equip parts from the tuning screen... that way when you are entering races you don't have to back all the way out to home screen then to tuning to buy some upgrades for your car.

Wouldn't hurt to allow the ability to remove/add any tuning part you want so you can reduce your car back to stock or any varient without having to own more than one of the same model.

They should fix the pause bug... If you open the XMB or the controller shuts off the game does not go in pause mode like other games. :grumpy:

GT Planet forums has no official or unofficial connection to Polyphony Digital. We are a fan website, and out involvement with Polyphony begins and ends there. While we do know that members of the Polyphony development team visit the forums from time to time, no member of staff has ever come forward and made themselves known. Not to the forum users. Not to the moderators. Not to the administrators.

With this in mind, we are not your hotline to Polyphony. They do not come here looking for ideas, and we cannot guarantee that they will even view this thread, much less act upon it. As we have no way of verifying that they have read a particular thread, any post or thread trying to contact them will be considered to be a useless post and closed on sight. The only reason why this thread is still open after six pages is because I didn't see it sooner.

Furthermore, I see no difference between this thread and this one discussing changes and updates to the game that you would like to see in the future. Please move the discussion over there if you wish to continue it.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back