Photo Finish Racing - 2.10 How-To Updates/Amendments

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 550 comments
Just read through the first page, very good read. You definitely know what you are talking about. đź‘Ť Maybe you could do a section on rally tuning, would love to get some insight on this.
I haven't tested rally a lot tbh. The main thing I would suggest trying is min vs max ride height, I'd expect max to come out faster, but haven't tested.

Thanks for the GT500 tuning help đź‘Ť.
:)

Hello CSLACR , i just buyed a Toyota RSC Rally Raid , and i dont have the minimum idea of what or where start setting , except starting driving it ... i would really appreciate your set up for this car , or , if you dont set rally car , some suggestion for trying by myself .. i will not use this car in rally for the moment , but for monza challenge .. if you dont have the car , i will send you mine
Thank you very much , have a good day
I do not, guessing by post date that trial is over now, sorry.:embarrassed:

Do not stop. Continue tuning when you have the time. Your views are welcome insight into the game. Get some rest from the "ISSUES" that go back of forth. But stick around.

Do not stop. Continue tuning when you have the time. Your views are welcome insight into the game. Get some rest from the "ISSUES" that go back of forth. But stick around.

If you have a request, I have lots of spare time this week actually.
Should have an offline Miata TC tune up later tonight too.

If you have a request, I have lots of spare time this week actually.
Should have an offline Miata TC tune up later tonight too.

I have an 06 Ford GT I would like to run between 500 to 550 PP
on Sport or Racing tires. I use G27 and stilling learning to be fast.:banghead:

I race on-line mostly. No aids, Just ABS 1 or 2 only. Manual tranny.

The GT is brand new only change is front extention, paint, oil and wheels.
If you have the time I would like you to look into it.:) No rush.

Let me know if I need to buy parts.đź‘Ť

Subaru Impreza Coupe WRS TypeR STI Version VI '99
3462590073_large.jpg

Tuned online at Rome Reverse
Stock Power & Weight - Shift at 7,000 RPM

294HP - 1260KG - 464PP - Sports Tires

Aero:
Suspension:
None
-5 / -5​
LSD:
7.3 / 6.1​
7 / 7
7/5​
12 / 20
5/7​
16 / 14
3/3​
Torque Distribution:
Camber/Toe:
30 / 70
1.5 / 1.0
0.00 / 0.00​
Transmission from Default:
Brakes:
TS 112mph (minimum)
5/5 - ABS:1​
Final Gear: 3.000

Notes: Best looking Subaru ever. :D

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C Type RA '05
25767_54278.jpg

Tuned Online

335HP - 1152KG - 500PP - SS Tires
All non power parts except chassis ridigity.
High RPM Turbo.
Shift @ 7,000 RPM

Aero:
Suspension:
None
-20 / -25​
Gears:
10.0 / 8.1​
Reset to Default
6/4​
Top Speed 155
4/6​
4/4​
Camber/Toe:
2.2 / 1.8​
0.00 / +0.10​
Brakes:
BB: 5/5​
Final: 3200
ABS:1​
LSD:
Torque Split:
9 / 9
35/65​
8 / 22

22 / 8

Ford GT '06
fordgtgeigerhp79001.jpg

Tuned Online @ Laguna & Rome Reverse

Stock - Sports Tires
Fully Loaded.

Aero:
Suspension:
None
+10/+10​
Gears:
11.5 / 12.0​
Stock
6/6​
LSD:
6/6​
8 / 14 / 5
4/4​
Brakes:
Camber/Toe:
BB: 5/5
1.5 / 1.0​
ABS: 1
0.00 / 0.00​
Notes: For 550PP racing, I highly recommend not changing oil, as brand new off the shelf with 0 miles and no oil change it's already pushing 562PP.

Honda Integra Type R '04 RM
integradc5.jpg

Tuned Online @ Spa

Aero:
Suspension:​
15/30
+10 / -10​
Gears:
9.1 / 5.9​
Top Speed 124mph
8/5​
5/8​
5/5​
Camber/Toe:​
1.5/1.5​
-0.40/0.00​
Brakes:​
Final Gear: 3400
2/4​
LSD:
ABS: 1​
9/13/5

Ford GT '06

Notes: For 550PP racing, I highly recommend not changing oil, as brand new off the shelf with 0 miles and no oil change it's already pushing 562PP.

Thank you for the quick trunaround, I will buy another and turn the current one into an LM type racer. I will let you know how it turns out.đź‘Ť

Going to have to give the 99 Subaru a try, that is still my favorite looking Subaru, now that you can get rid of those ugly gold wheels, it may have to be put into the rotation.
Any updates on that MR-2 tune CSL??

Last edited:
Going to have to give the 99 Subaru a try, that is still my favorite looking Subaru, and now that you can get rid of those ugly gold wheels, it may have to be put into the rotation. Any updates on that MR-2 tune CSL??
As soon as I find one. Online tune, I presume?

As soon as I find one. Online tune, I presume?

Yes online, prefer you tune it with SH tires, somewhere around 400-450 pp. Also, I have a great tune for the RM NSX, I know you are very fond of this car:dopey:, would like you to try it out.đź‘Ť If you need the car I will send a FR out and then I can send the car out to you. Should be on sometime later tonight.

Yes online, prefer you tune it with SH tires, somewhere around 400-450 pp. Also, I have a great tune for the RM NSX, I know you are very fond of this car:dopey:, would like you to try it out.đź‘Ť If you need the car I will send a FR out and then I can send the car out to you. Should be on sometime later tonight.

My list is full, but I'll clear some room tonight, so I can add you.

Good to hear, I double checked my car, and I actually had the ride height backwards from what's on the car, but if it works it works.:lol:

Hi there.

I am enjoying your tunes very much. Very fast and stable.

I made a 500 PP version of your '10 WRX STI without a wing and with a stage 2 turbo as the only power option (340 hp).

Would you recommend any adjustments?
(Offline, various courses).

Im trying to figure out how in the worls you came with the idea that a Higher ride height gives you more traction. that doesnt even remotely compare close to real life. So what your saying is formula 1 cars and any performance vehicle out there should lift there vehicles to the max.... dont make sense..

Im trying to figure out how in the worls you came with the idea that a Higher ride height gives you more traction. that doesnt even remotely compare close to real life. So what your saying is formula 1 cars and any performance vehicle out there should lift there vehicles to the max.... dont make sense..

Newsflash, this is a video game, real life does not apply.

Hi there.

I am enjoying your tunes very much. Very fast and stable.

I made a 500 PP version of your '10 WRX STI without a wing and with a stage 2 turbo as the only power option (340 hp).

Would you recommend any adjustments?
(Offline, various courses).
Turbo stage 3. More power for the same PP.
If anything I would imagine a similar build to the '05 as far as weight/power. If you need more power after a stage 3 turbo, ECU and racing exhaust, in the order as needed. Never higher then 2-4% power limiter when possible.

Below.

Newsflash, this is a video game, real life does not apply.
That.

Try out a RWD car at minimum ride height, and then maximum, you'll see for yourself. ;)

I concur with CSL's views on ride height in the sense that raising the height of the car, even to the max, should be on the table as far as tuning goes. Forget real life, sometimes it works here, sometimes it doesn't, but to learn to tune, you can't be hampered by thinking that stuff that works or is "golden" in real life, must also work here, because it's not the case.

If you want undisputable proof of how higher ride height works in GT5 you need look no further than CSL's tune from the Ton's Of Fun Tuning Shootout a month or so ago. You'll find it here:

[post=6277320]Dodge Viper 1000hp 1650 kgs SS Tires[/post]

Yes 1000 hp, 1650 kgs and SS tires. The test track for the tune was Monza and London. Take that car for a spin there and if you're not convinced your mind is closed. It grips and drives like it's on race tires. Lap times on Monza w/o chicanes were in the 1:34's. London was in the 51's I believe. Trial was done offline with tire wear on.

By all that is holy, a ride height of +40/+30 should produce an understeering pig of a ride. The opposite is true. The grip level is amazing in fact. Anyone disputing positive ride height, need only test this car before you post.

Gotta weigh in on this since it is being discussed again. I echo the real world/video game comment posted above.

Nuts and bolts: I've read all 14 million pages of tuning discussions on this forum. Regardless of what anyone says about what should work or even what does work, I always side with CSLACR when it comes to tuning for one reason: Results. Pick the nastiest challenge that GT5 has to offer you. Whatever your personal demon race is, find a CSLACR tune for a car to run that race and run it again.

I saw the light when I was working on the Impreza challenge in the seasonals. Ran that race so much, I got 2 1000 tickets out of it without winning. Tried CSLACR's tune for the Impreza done specifically for Laguna Seca, and by the first corner, I knew I would win. Whether you like him, his views, politics, religion, etc. ad nauseum, his tunes work and thus his methodology works. As I say whenever I am asked about these topics or tuning in general: "Honestly, I don't know. All I can tell you is that I believe whatever CSLACR believes."

Gotta weigh in on this since it is being discussed again. I echo the real world/video game comment posted above.

Nuts and bolts: I've read all 14 million pages of tuning discussions on this forum. Regardless of what anyone says about what should work or even what does work, I always side with CSLACR when it comes to tuning for one reason: Results. Pick the nastiest challenge that GT5 has to offer you. Whatever your personal demon race is, find a CSLACR tune for a car to run that race and run it again.

I saw the light when I was working on the Impreza challenge in the seasonals. Ran that race so much, I got 2 1000 tickets out of it without winning. Tried CSLACR's tune for the Impreza done specifically for Laguna Seca, and by the first corner, I knew I would win. Whether you like him, his views, politics, religion, etc. ad nauseum, his tunes work and thus his methodology works. As I say whenever I am asked about these topics or tuning in general: "Honestly, I don't know. All I can tell you is that I believe whatever CSLACR believes."
^^^^ This is the reason I never want to race him in any series that allows tuning.

Dodge Viper ACR '08 - Top Speed Tune
viperacr08.jpg

1031HP - 1257KG - RS Tires

Aero:
Suspension:
NO WING
+40 / -20​
Gears:
18.0 / 7.5​
Set final drive to 3.900
10/1​
Top Speed 137