Physics are improvement over GT Sport but wheel force feedback is terrible..

• Thread starter Klik
  • 70 comments
Try to run Assetto Corsa and tell me there's no difference in feeling of grip and overall what is car doing. There's no way it feels same as GT7. I guess im just annoyed why they make so little effort for wheel in GT and i want it to be better in terms of ff. I know its a game made for controller but h onestly you can't say GT7 and AC feel the same in terms of feeling of the car and ff overall
He didn't say that at all, but you seem completely in your world and expect GT7 to feel like ACC, which it doesn't AND for many it doesn't have to.
Maybe a little more information and a little more power behind the effects MAYBE be better, but saying nothing is felt just isn't right.
In CE, I can feel very well even very difficult vehicles like the R8 or the Huracan, but if you play both games, GT7 and ACC or something similar at the same time, I can understand a certain uneasiness.
The arms are full of muscles and muscles have "a memory" or your brain knows how much strength it needs for what and it gets used to it... But if you don't give the brain and muscles this training, then there are problems.

@mattikake , then you’re FFB Settings must be wrongly Set up.
I play on the DDPRO too and I can assure you I can feel EVERY little Detail I need to feel or think I should feel through my Steering Wheel, the same as I’m used to from my Real life Experience.
And honestly from that point of View I understand why you say that GTSs‘ FFB feels better to you, although it’s Worlds away from GT7.
It’s your Settings 100% 😉
What are your settings?

I played a lot (a lot) and reported my settings on the GT DD pro thread. I'm using a custom set with the game on torque and sensitivity on 3.

I find myself using the Dualsense more than my T300RS because of the haptic feedback, driving over bumps and kerbs is nothing on the T300RS FFB, my settings are 7,3,1 on the controller menu during race.

Last edited:
Try to run Assetto Corsa and tell me there's no difference in feeling of grip and overall what is car doing. There's no way it feels same as GT7. I guess im just annoyed why they make so little effort for wheel in GT and i want it to be better in terms of ff. I know its a game made for controller but h onestly you can't say GT7 and AC feel the same in terms of feeling of the car and ff overall
Hey @Klik cool to finally get a response from you.
So you’re comparing AC to GT7.
Ok now I get where you’re coming from.
Well, don’t do that.
Ac is Ac and GT7 is GT7.
I played AC to death and absolutely understand where you come from.

You can take any Racing Game and compare its specific FFB to each other, and every single one will feel different.
My argument is that in GT7 I can absolutely feel everything I would feel through the Steering Wheel compared to my Real Life Experience.
Look, for example I personally absolutely adore the FFB in PC1 and PC2.
Is it realistic?
No way.
You just simply don’t feel Tire/Suspension/Elevation Changes through a Steering Wheel in Real Life, but the mentioned Games do very well try to replicate those Sensations.
Do they make me feel immersed?
Absolutely.
But are they realistic.
No way😅
They give you a Canned Effects Feel for the Car which make you trick to believe it’s more realistic but it’s not 😅
GT7 is much more Natural and intuitive in that regard.
Look, I play with the Fanatec GT DDPRO and I can assure you 101% that I can feel Curbs and other Effects I would also feel in real life too.
And only these Effects.
No Tire/Suspension or whatever unrealistic effects which are never ever present in a Steering Wheel in Real Life.
Look, I drive Racing Games for more than 20years with Steering Wheels.
I‘m no Idiot or Scharlatan😅 and I would never intentionally try to make false claims or try to make someone believe anything, why should I?!

What would be the point.
But trust me that GT7 does an extremely precise Job of replicating the Real World feel through a Steering Wheel.

You may be fooled or tricked due to falsely related comparisons to other Racing Games which add all of the Sensations you mentioned, but they are not a realistic replication of what you would feel in real life.
GT7 s‘ FFB seems to be very simplistic on the first sight, but there’s so much more in depth if you just compare it to the real deal real life Feel.
Anyway, I’m sorry that I can’t help you with your specific problem because I’m on a different Wheel.
I feel sorry for you that you can’t experience what I do when I fire up GT7, but to me it’s just a very accurate Replication of my Real World Experience.
And I’m not talking about Physics.
I‘m purely referring to the Steering Wheel Feel 😁

No Tire/Suspension or whatever unrealistic effects which are never ever present in a Steering Wheel in Real Life.
This is so utterly incorrect it's almost beyond belief.

Self aligning torque is a tyre force that is directly felt through the steering wheel, in fact its the dominant force felt via steering as steering resistance and load.

SAT vs Slip.jpg

Suspension deflection is also quite evident through steering, as shown by any encounter with road expansion joints demonstrates.

@mattikake
My FFB Settings have changed to the ones I’ve posted a few days ago.
Nevertheless, it all depends on what you want to feel.
GT7s‘FFB is not like other Games FFB , so there is no Right or wrong.
Me personally I’m currently using the Fanatec suggested Settings and they suit me and do their Job at least from my point of view very well.

This is so utterly incorrect it's almost beyond belief.

Self aligning torque is a tyre force that is directly felt through the steering wheel, in fact its the dominant force felt via steering as steering resistance and load.

View attachment 1135618

Suspension deflection is also quite evident through steering, as shown by any encounter with road expansion joints demonstrates.
Hello @Scaff
I believe you about self aligning torque and its specific Behavior and yes it is a force which is replicated in real life or through the Steering Wheel, and I can say with confidence that I do feel some kind of self aligning force through my DD Pro.
Not the way it would feel in real life though but there definitely is some Force which tries to replicate the mentioned Self Aligning Torque.
Does GT7 replicate it accurately like in real life?
No!
But does it at least try to give you a FFB Sensation which might trick you to believe it’s there?
Definitely yes.
Same goes for tire Load.
It’s especially noticeable through my Wheel.
Maybe not as physically Correct as they would be felt and I do feel when driving in real life but some forces are felt which again watching it in a whole can make me trick to believe and give me a very intuitive and precise understanding of Tire Load.
My Wheel goes from heavy to light force corresponding to the speed .
It’s very noticeable when braking coming from high Speeds and turning in for low Speed Corners.
The Moment I start to Brake for a Corner I can feel some weight shifting into the Wheel, which gives me a precise understanding or the Car Weight Load and it gets progressively lighter as I slow down and turn through the Corner.
Maybe it’s not as accurate as it is in real life but the basics are 100% there.
Same goes for acceleration out of Corners.
There is some Force being felt through the Wheel as I start to gradually accelerate out of the Corner and I can feel the Weight shift through the Wheel.
Like I said, it’s very Basic and obviously not accurately represented as I would feel it from my real life driving experience but it is definitely replicated in a way which can be used to give you the Sensation you are referring to.

I don’t know if I can agree on suspension Deflection though.
I never actively paid attention to the real World Feel through my Steering Wheel when doing Track days.
I‘m not saying that it’s not being felt, but I just don’t pay attention to these forces exclusively when going around Nordschleife for example.
My most paid to attention ate the G-Forces which I refer mostly to when driving around that track.
The next time I’ll be around there I’ll try to specifically pay attention to the Suspension Load.
I think I just notice it subconsciously and therefore don’t mention it.

Self aligning torque is a tyre force that is directly felt through the steering wheel, in fact its the dominant force felt via steering as steering resistance and load
I never mentioned Self aligning Torque specifically.
I think this is mostly being felt through G Forces which through the Tires are being then felt in the Steering Column/Steering Wheel.
So it’s the GForces I believe which are being felt.
But not the tires itself.
The Feel for tire grip is at least from my experience only being felt through my Seat of Pants.
I‘m not trying to argue with you because from a technical point of View you might be right.
I‘m only speaking from my personal experience.
I‘ve never had the Balls and never will to drive a Car at its Limit around the Schleife.
I want to live 😅
I can’t refer to the Forces which most probably might be felt under these Circumstances , but I never felt them actively or consciously because my experience and Senses do mostly represent my Seat of Pants and Steering Wheel Feel.
Both combined, I was able until today to not crash and come home safe and in one piece.
Of course I’m no professional Race Driver who has driven a Car at or over its Limits, for sure not on Public Roads.
Of course I try to push when being on the Schleife, but only as much as I don’t feel the fear to kill myself.
And please don’t get me wrong, I never assumed or said that GT7 is the “Real Driving Physics Simulator“

I have my DD Pro feeling pretty good now. It’s definitely lacking some surface detail but it’s letting me know when the car is oversteering or understeering. Slides are getting much easier to catch now too the more I play.

It’s no ACC by any means but I’ve definitely found a good setup on my wheel and I’m happy with it for the most part. I do hope they update the FFB at some point though.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my T248 too, but maybe that's because it's probably classified as a TGT II for the game. Who knows that exactly.... In any case, I also notice oversteer and understeer as well as bumps in the road.

@mattikake
My FFB Settings have changed to the ones I’ve posted a few days ago.
Nevertheless, it all depends on what you want to feel.
GT7s‘FFB is not like other Games FFB , so there is no Right or wrong.
Me personally I’m currently using the Fanatec suggested Settings and they suit me and do their Job at least from my point of view very well.
Well that was annoyingly vague. Almost deflective. Why is that?

I started with the fanatec reccomended settings and they were gross. It was like playing on a geared G29. After playing around with them for a couple of hours I got something more informative and smoother, but the ffb is not a patch on GTS for that information or smoothness and perhaps even responsiveness. I'm on a PS4 btw.

Well that was annoyingly vague. Almost deflective. Why is that?

I started with the fanatec reccomended settings and they were gross. It was like playing on a geared G29. After playing around with them for a couple of hours I got something more informative and smoother, but the ffb is not a patch on GTS for that information or smoothness and perhaps even responsiveness. I'm on a PS4 btw.
Well look, setting up the FFB in GT7 requires some Basic understanding of what the FFB in GT7 communicates.
This FFB “Language“ let’s call it that way can differentiate enormously depending on the“Accent“ applied.
My approach was to filter out between all the Noise in the Signal only the Information which was helpful and make it understandable to me.

That’s why I said there is no right or wrong in the FFB Signal.
It’s what you can understand and making it usable for you. Specifically for you.

Not everyone will understand why a certain Person prefers this Signal or that Signal as each ones perception is slightly different and everyone wants or needs something different to actually make it work.

Keep in mind though, we can only work with what we‘ve been provided.
The Information in GT7s FFB has a very dynamic Range and that Range can be than used and tweaked individually to each ones Likings.
You can’t simply insert any Feedback to the Signal which is not included in the Raw Signal by simply fiddling in the Wheelbase Settings and instantly gain Information by doing so.
Like I said, set it up the way you understand it the best and let’s you work with it in the most usable manner.

Of course I could have simply said do this and that raise Value X and lower Value Y but would it be any useful to you?!
You then go, copy and paste and expect some Game Changer Settings which most obviously won’t be the Case.

Me personally I’m currently using and “translating“ the Fanatec Recommended Settings.
They feel different to my previous Settings which I also like and understand and am able to make use of them.
It’s the ability to adapt to each specific Signal and extract the most out of what’s been provided and given.

I hope this explanation doesn’t come around to you as vague as my previous Statement 😁

Last edited:
The physics are definitely more sim compared go GT Sport but overall force feedback on wheel is almost non-existent.

Im using G29 and can't feel anything what is car doing,rear/front tyre slip or going over kerbs.No surface details at all,wheel should at least go light when tyre lose grip or give some indication.

Now i know i have ****** wheel and this is not Assetto Corsa but there is no reason that we couldn't have a better force feedback
The same problem with me. I have T gt II and as you say its no details of road, breaks , nothing.already tried diferemt setting but details just not there .iam very disaponted from the game 😏

I guess you have a problem with your wheel as I did not read many similar feedbacks (there are some).
I have the same disapointment . Ffb in gt 7 is worse games I ever played

Latest Posts

Back