Pit options are trash

Canada
Canada
Anybody else think the pit options need a back button in case you pick the wrong tires/don't change and/or don't fuel... I use X to upshift and it seems like the cutaway screen is always a5 a shift point. I go to shift just as it goes to the cutaway and **** my championship race... so infuriating..

I agree.

It’s easy to make a small mistake when entering the pits. Obviously, this can be countered by paying more attention

We should be able to make adjustments up to a point where they have already started work on the car.

A small and easy fix for PD to implement… which is why I’m 100% they won’t do this any time soon :)

Pit options are trash
"Hmm", I think. "I wonder why the pit options are trash? Is there something wrong with selecting what tyres you want and how much fuel you need?"
Anybody else think the pit options need a back button in case you pick the wrong tires/don't change and/or don't fuel... I use X to upshift and it seems like the cutaway screen is always a5 a shift point. I go to shift just as it goes to the cutaway and **** my championship race... so infuriating..
"Oh."

The whole thing is "trash" because it doesn't have one additional feature. Weird.

My question is why can't we select multiple compounds anymore (eg. softs on front, mediums on rear)?
In the pits? Was this ever possible in any GT game?

My question is why can't we select multiple compounds anymore (eg. softs on front, mediums on rear)?
1718022877672.png

In the pits? Was this ever possible in any GT game?
Not in the pits, but in GT Sport we were able to select mixed compounds to start the race on.
Unfortunately it has been removed, which by the way has been done already during the end phase of GT Sport.

Not in the pits, but...
This was also possible in several previous GT games, but you'd always have the choice of one single grade of tyres in a pit stop to my recollection.

Since this thread is about pit options...

It is still possible. It's in the menu position were you can select car setup. You can put for example medium on front and hard on rear.

I never had a problem with selecting tires or fuel in the pit. Never selected anything by accident.

But I would love if it was less arcade.
First of all I would remove animation. Drivers should be visible on map all the time. Were they are in pitstop etc.
I would also add penalties for speeding at the pit entry.
If we could plan pit stops before the race would be also a cool feature.

This was also possible in several previous GT games, but you'd always have the choice of one single grade of tyres in a pit stop to my recollection.

Since this thread is about pit options...
I'm fairly certain you were able to pick individual compounds for front and rear in Gran Turismo 4 when pitting in, so you could run staggered tyre set-ups throughout a long race.

Does GT7 still stop you from changing tyres at all when pitting in if you start the race on staggered compounds? I once tried a race with racing hard on the front and medium on the rear, but I wasn't allowed to change them at all when pitting in.

Does GT7 still stop you from changing tyres at all when pitting in if you start the race on staggered compounds?
Depends on the PP limit of the event.
In case your mix of tyres is lower than any single grade of tyres you cant change, otherwise you can choose any grade of tyre that is still within the PP limit.

If hard/hard has a higher PP than your selection, you wont be able to change because your car would be above the allowed PP value.

I never had a problem with selecting tires or fuel in the pit. Never selected anything by accident.
Oh I have plenty of times. I think there should be 3 second grace period when you can change your mind.

Or the mechanics have to take the tyres off again and return with the correct ones. Unlikely though as they haven't fixed the incorrect tyres showing in the scene so doubt they'll change this

If we could plan pit stops before the race would be also a cool feature.
So I can better understand you here, just what do you mean?

The reason I ask is when I do a long race with fuel and/or tire changes required, I always plan my pit stops in advance. Depending on the event I'm in, I'll set a lap window (if the wheel displays that) and/or a km window (ditto) and/or a fuel level to develop a roughly 2-3 lap window for pits. Other things can force me to adjust on the fly (heavy damage, rain, etc.) but I always try to plan my pit stops in advance.

Are you referring to something else I may be missing?

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain you were able to pick individual compounds for front and rear in Gran Turismo 4 when pitting in, so you could run staggered tyre set-ups throughout a long race.

Does GT7 still stop you from changing tyres at all when pitting in if you start the race on staggered compounds? I once tried a race with racing hard on the front and medium on the rear, but I wasn't allowed to change them at all when pitting in.
I may have to check that out. I have a fat PS2 set up ATM and GT4 is on the shelf. I just lack a stable base for the Driving Force wheel.

At any rate the pit options are more detailed than Daytona USA and wipEout.

Last edited:
You can have more than one preset of pit stop. You can predefine tire compound and how much refuel you want.

During a pit stop, all you have to do is choose the right strategy. And, if necessary, modify it.

Last edited:
My only gripe with pit stops is that the weather map goes as you cross the entry line, those thirty seconds before you get to select tyres at LeMan can be crucial to your next lap, numerous times the map has been full of drizzle on entry to be a full on storm brewing by the time you leave the pits.

Trouble is that if you are in a race that is 10-15 times speeded up that 30seconds on pit lane entry is equivalent to 5+ minutes of real time, that's a whole lap at LeMan, downside of getting the wrong tyres can be well over a minute lost on a single lap. Or having to take another stop the following lap.

Back