Pit StrategiesF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 7 comments

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
I always seem to pick up a puncture towards the end of a long prime stint on the recommended strategy, when it gets past 20 or so laps I'm on the edge waiting to hear it burst. For example at Catalunya on 100% today I was in 1st with 5 laps to go and a 17 second lead, but my 21 lap old tires burst and I had to settle for 5th.

Does anybody have any tips for strategy? 2 or 3 stops? Which tires on which stint? Post what works for you.

I always go with the recommended pit strategy. If you have a big lead I'd suggest slowing down so that the tires are under less strain.

The AI is often suggesting to pick up option tyres early on - I wouldn't do that and instead use the option tyres later on, once your car is lighter and thus faster.

Mr. S
The AI is often suggesting to pick up option tyres early on - I wouldn't do that and instead use the option tyres later on, once your car is lighter and thus faster.

So option, prime, option; will that last race distance? I should point out i'm not too good at conserving my tires, I tend to lose a lot of time in the process.

They're meant to get the most out of the car but you'll have to be careful during the first lap and, of course, the last laps, too.

Latest Posts

Back