The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 470 comments
Also completed Maggiore last night, in the RSR as my laps were best in it. Before that, I had just barely lost in the RX vision on a one stopper.

1:59 average lap. Rubilar had some traffic which I think explains why I managed to win this from him, by 2.2s. Pitted on 11 and 21. 30 laps.

Last edited:
So, after M8 at Maggiore felt quite good and easy with the new AMG i only have to finish M6, the Alsace Retro race at my 2023 account. Any tips for an easy win? Heard about the AMG red pig but it didn't click with me. Would like to try one of the prettier cars like the Jaguar E-Type or the Mercedes 300 SL.

So, after M8 at Maggiore felt quite good and easy with the new AMG i only have to finish M6, the Alsace Retro race at my 2023 account. Any tips for an easy win? Heard about the AMG red pig but it didn't click with me. Would like to try one of the prettier cars like the Jaguar E-Type or the Mercedes 300 SL.
Yes, the Red Pig '71 is an easy win on Alsace

With another physics change, how is the new settings one better?
I feel lost, I mean, I can't do a lap without hit a wall.

Last edited:
Lancia Stratos.

How easy are these H.C. races? I haven't tried them yet, but I'd like to take a stab at a couple of them this month.

How easy are these H.C. races? I haven't tried them yet, but I'd like to take a stab at a couple of them this month.
Easiest are probably Alsace and Kyoto, then Autopolis, Trial Mountain, and Deep Forest are second hardest, finally Tsukuba, Red Bull Ring and Lake Maggiore are the hardest.

Last edited:
Some can be challenging. Really have to find the right car for the G3 races.

The tuning races are fun.

Playing on expert with controller

Am bringing up this thread on the surface to ask about Red bull ring.
Haven't done this one yet ( also 3 others) and I want to ask an advice about what car or cars i should choose for this one.
Most of you may have done this a year ago much or less so any advice on this one after 1.31 update would be very helpful, especially about car ,tyres and strategie .
From old videos i see that might rain in that race so things get more complicated.
Am not afraid of the rain since i grid at lemans almost every day at least one race.
What worries me only ,is not to get caught out on wrong tyres but at least is a short track this one .
Am all ears guys for your proposals.

Haven't done this one yet ( also 3 others) and I want to ask an advice about what car or cars i should choose for this one.
Most of you may have done this a year ago much or less so any advice on this one after 1.31 update would be very helpful, especially about car ,tyres and strategie .
From old videos i see that might rain in that race so things get more complicated.
Am not afraid of the rain since i grid at lemans almost every day at least one race.
What worries me only ,is not to get caught out on wrong tyres but at least is a short track this one .
Anything that is towards the top of the current online races will be ok - Supra, GTR, 911, R.S.01, etc.
Keeping an eye on the weather and pitting ahead of the rain is far more important than the car choice.

If I remember my run correctly, I was in the Aston DBR9. Initial short stint on the softs, pitted for hards and fuel and just kept going unti the rain came, pitted then for wets (I think) and that was about it - won by miles because the AI kept pitting.

I used the GTR 18. Like the previous poster, the timing of your pitting will determine your outcome. For myself I went in for wets well before the AI and caught everyone on the outlap during the downpour.

Grinding Le Mans vs racing RBR in a Gr.3 car against some of the hardest AI the game has are 2 very different things. I did this race back before the v1.31 physics change. At the time I ran the Mazda since it had the best fuel consumption, but there seems to have been changes in the BoP to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, so there is likely a better "meta" car that you could take. That said, the Porsche, the GT-R, the Supra are probably all good cars that will perform well in the race. I doubt the strategy has changed in a post v1.31 world, but give it a shot and see how you do. If it gives you problems, come back and let us know what issues you had. Maybe we can help.

Red Bull Ring is definitly more about managing the tyre changes over anything else.
I dont know the last time I did, but if nothing more recent it was in February with a Corvette on automatic transmission to make a stand of not 100% requiring manual, but whomever requested wanted to see it done with the Corvette.
As far as the rain goes, I do remember it will always rain, and I dont think I had big differences of the timing.
This means the strategy looks like:
10 laps racing softs -> pit and simply new tyres
another stint on racings softs for 9 laps -> change to wets, rain will start around 30 minutes into the race and you dont want to change late
track should be dry after another 7 laps, if you are unsure you can do 8 -> change to racing softs
whatever remaining time is, you finish on this set of racing softs

About the cars: if you have any favourite and you like its handling, just pick it.
Personally I only dont like the Lambo and Audis because of their handling.
Though its a bit slow compared to the obvious fast cars, I really like the McLaren 650.

Thank you all guys for your response.
2 days ago gave a 10 laps run with 911 to see how it goes , yesterday i pick the peujot and from testing period,end up winning the race .
I follow @Meythia advice which was prity much on the spot.
Didn't collect penalties except 2 of 0.500 and as @Tommy_D said , that rain wasn't an easy one .

I pick wrong tyres ( but continue) intermediate instead of wets .....
At last pit for softs , he took me a century to get out of the pits and i never understand why 👀 .
Some AI was trying to " kill " me but they didn't make it .....
I find out the hard way : don't leave the dry line .

Thanks guys , another mission accomplished.

Has anybody tested the difficulty bug in the latest update?
I played around with it a bit yesterday on tsukuba, it seemed like it was still a thing but it also kind of felt like it just made a difference exiting in and out of the mission and resorting the grid.

What appears very different post-physics update is that the sport tires on the BAC mono don't degrade anywhere near what they used to from what it sounds like. I nursed the sport softs for the first stint which was totally unnecessary. There was barely any wear at 10 minutes so I pushed hard, gained about 1.5-2s a lap and still had tons of tire left. If I was easy on tires I think I could do the entire race on a single pair of sport softs. The AI just gets absolutely smoked on this race because they don't use the proper track limits entering and exiting the back straight and they don't cut the kerbs nearly enough in sector one.

Has anybody tested the difficulty bug in the latest update?
Yes I tested it today on Lake Maggiore :)
On hard level, Yamanaka is on 2:01.01 at the end of the 1st lap.
On easy level, he is on 2:00.783.

The difference isn't really clear to pretend there's a "bug" here.
Maybe someone have better/other data.

I used the GTR 18. Like the previous poster, the timing of your pitting will determine your outcome. For myself I went in for wets well before the AI and caught everyone on the outlap during the downpour.
The GT-R is a perfect car for this race. I use it on FM6 and I only need 1 refuel at the end of the 4th lap. Easy win.

Yes I tested it today on Lake Maggiore :)
On hard level, Yamanaka is on 2:01.01 at the end of the 1st lap.
On easy level, he is on 2:00.783.
The default AI is not Sophy, Sophy would consistently do the best laps possible.
But the default AI doesnt, it randomly runs a bit faster or slower in a similar way of a player of a certian level.
The difference in lap times can already be weather conditions, or pure coincidence of driving, like my 1st laps vary between 2:03 and 2:05 because the AI is not playing to 1lap magic rules and instead doing all stupid random stuff.

The default AI is not Sophy, Sophy would consistently do the best laps possible.
But the default AI doesnt, it randomly runs a bit faster or slower in a similar way of a player of a certian level.
The difference in lap times can already be weather conditions, or pure coincidence of driving, like my 1st laps vary between 2:03 and 2:05 because the AI is not playing to 1lap magic rules and instead doing all stupid random stuff.
Vielen Dank !
Yes and that's exactly what I wanted to point and you did it in a clear and smarter way :)
In short, there's no difficulty bug here.

Just a word on the AI difficulty - you need to wait around 5+ laps to get a good idea of it.

From my testing:
Easiest: Easy
Middle: Hard
Hardest: Medium

Last edited:
Just a word on the AI difficulty - you need to wait around 5+ laps to get a good idea of it.
In my futile attempt to convince you otherwise, I cant confirm this difficulty bug
Well yes of course the more time you spent on the track, the higher the chance the AI will do a fast lap.
Usually you would lap fastest shortly after pitting, with less fuel and perfect tyres, so for the AI it would be after their last stop (1stop, 2stop, 3stop).

Though still, after waiting for hours I dont see any relation of AI difficulty to lap times or race total time. AI on average finishes at about 61minutes.
3 hours of easy -> 1:56,875
3 hours of medium -> 1:57:288
30+ hours of difficult -> 1:56,917
It is too random to quantify, the difference can easily be explained by different windstrength and direction.
And I dont see any 1 second faster time per lap like you said in the other thread ;)

And then consider the AI isnt doing their fastest laps anywhere close to regularly.
In my old test of nearly all Gr.3 cars the fastest AI time I have seen would have beaten me in 26 races, yet the AI actually only won 2 races.
Giving up because the Supra is pulling away in its first 8 laps is wrong, because the Supra will lose more time in the pits than all other cars.
Giving up because of a single fast lap of the AI creates a wrong picture of the race in total, because it might just have been a fluke: AI with close to empty tank following other cars in a perfect drafting position at the perfect spot of the track and then overtake multiple times per lap - this is likely to happen after Medium Tyre AI has pitted and then catches up with Hard Tyre AI.

In my futile attempt to convince you otherwise, I cant confirm this difficulty bug
Well yes of course the more time you spent on the track, the higher the chance the AI will do a fast lap.
Usually you would lap fastest shortly after pitting, with less fuel and perfect tyres, so for the AI it would be after their last stop (1stop, 2stop, 3stop).

Though still, after waiting for hours I dont see any relation of AI difficulty to lap times or race total time. AI on average finishes at about 61minutes.
3 hours of easy -> 1:56,875
3 hours of medium -> 1:57:288
30+ hours of difficult -> 1:56,917
It is too random to quantify, the difference can easily be explained by different windstrength and direction.
And I dont see any 1 second faster time per lap like you said in the other thread ;)

And then consider the AI isnt doing their fastest laps anywhere close to regularly.
In my old test of nearly all Gr.3 cars the fastest AI time I have seen would have beaten me in 26 races, yet the AI actually only won 2 races.
Giving up because the Supra is pulling away in its first 8 laps is wrong, because the Supra will lose more time in the pits than all other cars.
Giving up because of a single fast lap of the AI creates a wrong picture of the race in total, because it might just have been a fluke: AI with close to empty tank following other cars in a perfect drafting position at the perfect spot of the track and then overtake multiple times per lap - this is likely to happen after Medium Tyre AI has pitted and then catches up with Hard Tyre AI.
The difficulty bug is very weak on that particular race. If you do your testing on Tsukuba it will give you a far clearer picture. I did testing previously on RBR too, and would stand by the assessment that Medium is harder than Hard.

"Widdowmaker Who?" on YouTube has rerun these races a lot on hard and is a good source of timings for AI finish times on Hard.

PS I love your tunes!

Yeah well I did get bronze (6th) place about 20 times for the Tsukuba race so that tells you how freaking hard it is. I mean what the heck are you supposed to do when the top 5 drivers get a lap ahead of you. R. Kokubun is a bitch to catch, he usually gets 1-2 laps ahead of me, and pits really quick during the rain sessions so I don't see how to beat him at his own level/game.

The best I can do is 54-55 laps, and I normally average a lap between 1'00.200-1'03.000, and I saw Widdowmaker's videos and he can do most of them in under a minute. I'm trying to be patient and not lose it but it's hard when you don't know how to succeed here and there's really no tuning you can do.

Back