The Human Comedy 6 - Pre1979, Alsace

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 94 comments
Did this yesterday with Praino tuned Alpine A110.

Immense fun. By the end I has really got into enjoying the lack of downforce and grip of these older cars on comfort tires.

I wish this was a normal race and not a mission. I could easily spend a lot of time grinding for 1m cr trying out my pre ‘79 cars. I have a 356, a BMW 3.0 Batwing and a Ferrari 250 SWB that all deserve their chance to see if they can win.

Taking it to the obvious conclusion, a championship would be awesome, taking in Brands, Spa, etc.

Or how about making regional championships with older mustangs, corvettes etc at Laguna and Interlagos.

There are so many cars that deserve to be raced against each other that I cannot fathom why PD don’t create more interesting race series instead of worrying about coding a new car.

Maybe once I have bought and tuned all the cars U want, I won’t xare anout credits and will spend time here again, but I still need to he earning!

I did this in the Pantera with the GTS kit. Bone stock, a little ballast, and power limited to ~275HP. Comfort Mediums.

It was thoroughly enjoyable. FM1 all the way. Made 2 fuel stops. Tires easily lasted the entire race. Decent grip due to how MASSIVELY wide they are with the GTS widebody. The hill climb out of turn 12 was no contest against the AI. The torque from the 351 lets you breeze past. Easily gained around 1 second a lap there. Stock gearing means you never touch 5th, and hardly any wheelspin in 2nd on slower corners as long as you get the car fairly straight.
180cd31425d26-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I already won this race with the denuned chaparal 2j, but it kinda feels to me like a cheap win, so i want to redo it.
Any recomendations for a competitive car for this race?
There is a plymouth xnr in the the legendary dealer (1.6M credits). Is it worth for this race?

Thank you

Last edited:
I already won this race with the denuned chaparal 2j, but it kinda feels to me like a cheap win, so i want to redo it.
There is a plymouth xnr in the the legendary dealer (1.6M credits). Is it worth buying for this race?

Thank you
In competitive like "not sure if you can win"?

I didnt like the Plymouth, I am generally more in favour of cars with a low weight.

There is a plymouth xnr in the the legendary dealer (1.6M credits). Is it worth for this race?

Thank you
I wrote about the Alfa Romeo Giulia several posts up the thread. I’d highly recommend that if it’s still in the LCD.

Last edited:

Thank you
The Shelby GT350 is available in LCD right now. With it detuned a bit, I won this race fairly easily. Wrote about it earlier.

Did this race today, used the Alfa that was just in the LCD. Comfort mediums, little ballast and slight reduction in power.

Did a one stop, FM1 all the way. Ran until the tank was virtually dry, took me to about the 27:30 mark, then pitted for fuel only as the tyres weren't touched at all. Ran consistent 2:30's with a fastest of 28.9. Won by around 45 seconds at the end of it. Just Autopolis to go now.

I wrote about the Alfa Romeo Giulia several posts up the thread. I’d highly recommend that if it’s still in the LCD.
The Shelby GT350 is available in LCD right now. With it detuned a bit, I won this race fairly easily. Wrote about it earlier.
Thanks for the sugestions. I tried both cars. It didnt went well. Having a bit of a hard time with this race, not getting used to the sllipery tyres. But i'll try more.

Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks for the sugestions. I tried both cars. It didnt went well. Having a bit of a hard time with this race, not getting used to the sllipery tyres. But i'll try more.

Thank you
It’s practically a drift competition. Do a few time trial laps with the intention of sliding off the road at each turn so you can figure out what the limits are for the tires. It took me a while to get comfortable with sliding around the high speed corners while still accelerating. You’ll get it!

Thank you
I am a huge fan of how good Lancia Stratos handles, you can give this one a try too, if you like.

It’s practically a drift competition. Do a few time trial laps with the intention of sliding off the road at each turn so you can figure out what the limits are for the tires. It took me a while to get comfortable with sliding around the high speed corners while still accelerating. You’ll get it!
Thats my main problem, the high speed corners. If I brake too much i cant keep up with the front AI drivers, if I dont brake the car just slides away to the outside of the track. But i'll do that.
Thank you

I am a huge fan of how good Lancia Stratos handles, you can give this one a try too, if you like.
I tried lancia stratus, de tomaso mangusta, ferrari 308, alpine a110, alfa romeo guilia, shellby gt350, ferrari 330p4, ford markIV and a bunch of american muscle cars i had in the garage. The result was always the same. Probably more of a driver problem than a car problem. Lol
Just need a bit more of getting used to the sliding.

Thank you

I tried lancia stratus, de tomaso mangusta, ferrari 308, alpine a110, alfa romeo guilia, shellby gt350, ferrari 330p4, ford markIV and a bunch of american muscle cars i had in the garage. The result was always the same. Probably more of a driver problem than a car problem. Lol
Just need a bit more of getting used to the sliding.

Thank you
I was pretty freaked out the first time I went sideways on those tires. But they are different than racing slicks and will bite again whereas the slicks will spin you out once you slide that much. It’s just a different mental space and takes an adjustment.

You should look at the thread about a member’s girlfriend overtaking cars on two wheels in her Mini! It was so crazy that it’s now become a challenge for the rest of us to duplicate and beat.

I was pretty freaked out the first time I went sideways on those tires. But they are different than racing slicks and will bite again whereas the slicks will spin you out once you slide that much. It’s just a different mental space and takes an adjustment.

You should look at the thread about a member’s girlfriend overtaking cars on two wheels in her Mini! It was so crazy that it’s now become a challenge for the rest of us to duplicate and beat.
Thanks. Its just a problem with adapting to the different form of driving in this race.
That and the samba with a rocket engine.

Bought the gt40 from the lcd and went on a test run on this race. Noticed the incredible stability of this car. Ended up wining the race with 17s advance.
Confort softs, ecu 70, ballast max, power limiter 70 = 444,50pp

Bought the gt40 from the lcd and went on a test run on this race. Noticed the incredible stability of this car. Ended up wining the race with 17s advance.
Confort softs, ecu 70, ballast max, power limiter 70 = 444,50pp
What FM setting did you use and when did you pit?

Sheeesh... did my first attempt at the pre-'79 Alsace 1hr today. It was fun, but had some moments of AI frustration for sure. Tried out tuning a couple cars for the race.

First off I tuned up a Gordini and hated it. Incredibly oversteery, and you just have to be all over it white knuckle at all times. No thanks. Put that one away for a while, and I'll see if it can't be made better or just fun to toss around.

Then tried out the '71 Z for it... and basically same thing, very oversteery, and I didn't put too much time into tuning it because it was already close enough to the 450PP cut off that there wasn't much wiggle room for power and handling, so that one went back in the garage too.

Then I gave the Challenger a shot, detuned to 289hp, stock otherwise. It was comfortable enough to drive, could turn 2:28s with little fuss, and the open diff made for not having to manage oversteer a bunch so off I went to the races, fully intending to lose by a few positions. I just wanted to give the race a shot.

I was in third place by the end of the first lap, a good sign, but then the bus came along (which I expected) and then I found that me and him were pitting on the same laps, so I figured the race was a bust and I'd be losing out by pitting often. But when I came out I was only down about 20sec to the lead, and was gaining quickly, so there was light at the end of the tunnel. I took fuel only the first time, tires with fuel on the second, and just enough fuel to finish on the third, pitting with the bus every time.

I ended up spinning all by myself in the last hairpin on lap 19, stock brakes were very wiggly and I pitched it just enough to send me sideways...

20970882864934236.jpg

Then, in typical GT7 AI fashion, Hizal in his 20 million dollar missile decided to weave around before pitting... right into my quarter panel, spinning me into the wall. Lovely. Thought I was definitely screwed by this point.

20970750138055588.jpg

Took my last pit, fuel only for three laps, and came out right behind the Benz and the bus. Overtook the Benz in the final chicane, and then overtook the bus in the same spot... squeezing inside him on the last corner of the last lap. Never thought I would pull this mission off on the first try!

20970340354152448.jpg

Was a good race, and I'm happy to be done with it considering the troubles that many have had with it. I'd definitely recommend the Challenger as an "easier" car to drive for the hour, but beware the pitchy brakes, open diff that will let the inside rear spin up a lot if you let it, and somewhat thirsty fuel consumption, but it definitely made for a fun race. I could have done much better if I hadn't spun, and I was out of the way of Hizal and his BS.

I totally forgot I had a Pantera in the garage, so I'm probably going to do this one again for fun.

I write too much. Ha ha.

I had a go at this mission for the first time today. I didn't want to use the 2J, so I went for the GT40 '66. My first attempt I was 40 seconds off the winner by the end. I made extensive changes to the setup based on what felt bad, and had another go, but stopped after a few laps when it was clear it needed more work. 3rd time lucky, the setup was terrific and I easily won. The setup was nice to drive, so I feel it's worth sharing. I did 25 laps, pitting after 12. The first stint didn't need fuel saving, but the 2nd stint did need a bit of use of maps higher than 1 for some laps.

Human Comedy Alsace Ford GT40 66 1.jpg

Human Comedy Alsace Ford GT40 66 2.jpg

Human Comedy Alsace Ford GT40 66 3.jpg

Chaparral 2J '70 makes this race a breeze! It's available at the legendary dealership at the moment for 2.5m credits or you can obtain it by getting gold on all events in The Sun Also Rises mission challenge set.

I used the Ferrari 308 GTB and with some tuning I ended up with a car that I could drive in my sleep and still be competitive.
My attempt I managed to win by about 55 seconds.
I have a tune for it in my video so just skip to the end if your looking to tune your 308. (Don't change tires when you pit)

Many thanks for this buddy! I managed to nail it on my first attempt. I had to remain in fuel map 4 for the entire race though. Finished with 0.5 laps of fuel remaining.

Won by 4.4 seconds. :cool:

Many thanks for this buddy! I managed to nail it on my first attempt. I had to remain in fuel map 4 for the entire race though. Finished with 0.5 laps of fuel remaining.

Won by 4.4 seconds. :cool:
As much as I would love to take credit for this, the event has changed since this tune was made and is now very slow compared to modern tunes. If you won its because of some good driving and not my tune!!!

Updated tunes would be here.

Since the tunning nerf in the last updates, i couldnt use gt40 in this race (i mean it was fully perma modded, i would have to spend a ton of credits to take out the perma mods). So I looked for alternatives. I found the engined swapped vw beetle was a great alternative for winning this race without many issues.

Last edited:
I Used the Mazda RX500 on CS tyres. Doing regular 2:28 laps and pitting only once I won by a 38 second margin. Rotary's make good power and are very fuel efficient.

Latest Posts

Back