The Human Comedy 6 - Pre1979, Alsace

• Thread starter Talon16
  • 94 comments
Does anyone have the correct 2J tune for this? Nothing I try seems to work.

Required: Comfort Hard Tires | Fully Customizable LSD | Fully Customizable Racing Transmission

1. Create a new setting Sheet
2. Change the suspension setup
3. Change the LSD setup
4. Put the Comfort hard tires and apply the measure with triangle (PP disappear)
5. Put the racing transmission and apply the measure again

Last edited:
I entered this race for fun, thinking it would be like Red Bull Ring or Kyoto...

"A 'track day' with charming cars on a charming club car track..."

But I gave up. Almost everyone passes me - Samba included - on the first lap! :lol:

Required: Comfort Hard Tires | Fully Customizable LSD | Fully Customizable Racing Transmission

1. Create a new setting Sheet
2. Change the suspension setup
3. Change the LSD setup
4. Put the Comfort hard tires and apply the measure with triangle (PP disappear)
5. Put the racing transmission and apply the measure again

Thank you so much!!! I had all those settings, but I guess I didn't do them in the right order before. You rock!

I wonder if something changed in the latest patch as some of my cars went up in pp and this race is now pretty much impossible to beat.

Some of the tunes in this thread are now 25pp over the limit as well :(

I wonder if something changed in the latest patch as some of my cars went up in pp and this race is now pretty much impossible to beat.

Some of the tunes in this thread are now 25pp over the limit as well :(
This, the Kyoto, and the Autopolis races seem overly difficult since the update, yeah.

This, the Kyoto, and the Autopolis races seem overly difficult since the update, yeah.
Autopolis no, just look for Praiano settings on cappuccino or beat and you'll be fine. For kyoto, same, I used Praiano's RX7 without problems.
For Alsace I can't find something that works... AI is lapping at 2:29 or even lower, doing 2 pit stops. I can do 2:32 with alpine a220 messed up in ride heights to run comfort softs and 1 pit, but is not enough...

Autopolis no, just look for Praiano settings on cappuccino or beat and you'll be fine. For kyoto, same, I used Praiano's RX7 without problems.
For Alsace I can't find something that works... AI is lapping at 2:29 or even lower, doing 2 pit stops. I can do 2:32 with alpine a220 messed up in ride heights to run comfort softs and 1 pit, but is not enough...
Try stopping only once. There's cars that can do 2:30 and stop only once depending on driver ability.

Try stopping only once. There's cars that can do 2:30 and stop only once depending on driver ability.
I did it, finally...
I used Praiano's A110 messed up: comfort soft, rear height to min, front height to max, ballast max and all to the front, all of this to reduce PP as much as possible. Then set the power output to reach 450pp.
1 stop, map 2 for the first stint, then change to 1 when you are sure to reach the end in second stint. Don't change tyres at pit, they last the whole race almost untouched.
Average lap time was 2:30, with some 2:29 and other laps above, due to traffic, overtakes, kill attemps by AI...
Sambabus is stupidly fast, he lapped 2:26.0 as best and arrived 2nd, 12 seconds behind me, with 4 pit stops!

I have been able to win the Alsace race with the Lambo Countach LP400 '74:)
Here's my Countach LP400 in 12th place at the start of the race:

52060718223_0c22a11ad1_k.jpg

For most of the race, I'm between 4th and 7th place, and keep the front-runners within sight (except for the Sambabus).
On lap # 22, I've reached 2nd place just behind the Sambabus:

52060929034_5dc07afcc4_k.jpg

And then get to watch the Ordonez in the Sambabus enter the pits for his final stop::D

52060935494_89024afe04_k.jpg

After another two laps, I cross the finish line in first with a 12 second lead!!!:)

52061173340_cd6f774c1b_k.jpg

I was running the race in fuel save mode # 3 for most of the race, but even so, I had to pit twice because I was only getting 11 laps per tankful. During the race I had some good battles with the Toyota 2000GT, the Fairlady 240ZG, the Skyline Hard Top and the Mercedes 300SL. I think the R8 Gordini ran a one stop race which enabled him to take second place.
Before the race, I put the game setting on "hard", and I was using TC=1, and manual shifting.

Here are my Lambo settings:

52061670393_01e62f0117_k.jpg

2nd screen:

52062138000_78a538700e_k.jpg

Transmission:
52061651306_75c6e9a75e_k.jpg

:cheers:
GTsail

Last edited:
I won Alsace fairly easily post-patch with a detuned 1965 Shelby GT350. Stock suspension, power ends up somewhere around 225, weight 3040 if I recall, and ballast to get it close to 55:45. 1-stop on Fuel Map 1 is easy. I was able to run fairly consistent 2:28s, only car clearly faster is the Sambabus but he pits so often, as you all know.. I tried the BMW 3.0 CSL, and a couple of other cars, but kept coming back to my first choice, which was the Shelby.

Last edited:
I completed this one in the Ferrari 308, with a quick suspension/diff setup and some downforce.

It was a really fun race, it's a shame these 1 hour endurance missions don't pay out 1.2 million on each replay for a win. If they did i would run through them all again.

I have been able to win the Alsace race with the Lambo Countach LP400 '74:)
Here's my Countach LP400 in 12th place at the start of the race:

View attachment 1148169

For most of the race, I'm between 4th and 7th place, and keep the front-runners within sight (except for the Sambabus).
On lap # 22, I've reached 2nd place just behind the Sambabus:

View attachment 1148170

And then get to watch the Ordonez in the Sambabus enter the pits for his final stop::D

View attachment 1148171

After another two laps, I cross the finish line in first with a 12 second lead!!!:)

View attachment 1148172

I was running the race in fuel save mode # 3 for most of the race, but even so, I had to pit twice because I was only getting 11 laps per tankful. During the race I had some good battles with the Toyota 2000GT, the Fairlady 240ZG, the Skyline Hard Top and the Mercedes 300SL. I think the R8 Gordini ran a one stop race which enabled him to take second place.
Before the race, I put the game setting on "hard", and I was using TC=1, and manual shifting.

Here are my Lambo settings:

View attachment 1148189

2nd screen:

View attachment 1148190

Transmission:
View attachment 1148191

:cheers:
GTsail
Thank you for this! I had failed this so many times and used most of your spec to literally breeze through this, ending 1min30sec ahead of second place - lapped them all due to timer running out after crossing the finish line.

I used your suspension and LSD settings, power fully down. However I added no weight, left brakes standard and used manual trans with 230 top speed and no further tweaks.

Averaged 2:28 to 2:29 per lap with 2:37 best time, fuel on 1, short shifting and one higher gear in almost every corner. 25 laps completed with a single stop at the end of lap 12. Final lap I had to coast to avoid running out of fuel but as I started the final lap just a few seconds before the timer was up, it was a guaranteed win anyway.

Just goes to show how unbalanced the game is atm, you have to pretty much pick the right car and dubious settings to win a race. I hope they fix this and make the game about driving enjoyment rather than a game of beating the PP system.

Last edited:
I've overtuned my 308GTB (to more than just removable bolt-ons), maxed out my Mini, and really struggling to tame the muscle cars (and if I do, they're a bit too thirsty) for this event.

Any other recommendations? Please don't say the Chapparal guys - I'd like to compete to win rather than cheese it (no disrespect!)

I have a heavily tuned 71 CSL and like the 308GTB, if I detuned them, they completely lose the power to be competitive (like 180 BHP, possibly less on CS tyres).

Any pointers?

Last edited:
I've overtuned my 308GTB (to more than just removable bolt-ons), maxed out my Mini, and really struggling to tame the muscle cars (and if I do, they're a bit too thirsty) for this event.

Any other recommendations? Please don't say the Chapparal guys - I'd like to compete to win rather than cheese it (no disrespect!)

I have a heavily tuned 71 CSL and like the 308GTB, if I detuned them, they completely lose the power to be competitive (like 180 BHP, possibly less on CS tyres).

Any pointers?
I had the same problem, nothing came even close to working but the Countach tune above really does work, handling is predictable and solid performance. The cheating aspect of that tune is the odd suspension setting but all else is legit!

I had the same problem, nothing came even close to working but the Countach tune above really does work, handling is predictable and solid performance. The cheating aspect of that tune is the odd suspension setting but all else is legit!
Don't think I have a Countach available to buy :(

I used the Lancia Stratos for this. High-rpm turbo and power limiter to get to the PP limit. I put CS on the back and CM on the front. This has two effects. It gives you loads of extra PP to play with - you can get nearly 50hp more with CM/CS than CS/CS. And it actually makes the Statos easier to handle. This may work on other cars. It's an old trick used to help MR cars stay pointing forwards.

I ran the race twice with very different results. Both times I got to P3 and pitted one lap after the leaders. The first time I came out behind them and then couldn't catch them using fuel map 1 and running good lap times. Ended having to fuel-save drastically and finished well down. The second attempt I came out just in front and and gradually pulled away. After a couple of laps I turned the fuel map up to 4 and pootled round for half an hour. The only other cars I saw were the Mini and the Fiat. I nearly fell asleep a couple of times.

So even if you get thrashed by the AI in a particular car you can't assume that the car isn't capable of winning.

Didn't see a thread for this one specifically. Share your strats here. Seeing some people using the Chaparral but for those like me, who don't have it, share what you're using, strats, results, etc.

TL;DR = Lightly tuned 308 GTB, fuel save, one pit at 30 min mark, be very smooth, profit.

I just won this one yesterday using the Ferrari 308 GTB. Honestly, I wasn't too keen on this one but I scanned my garage and figured I'd give it a go. My tuning was as follows (449.13PP):

Comfort Soft tires
Customizable LSD

Ballast:

Power Restrictor

Brake Balance Controller

Gave it a go last night and was having a hard time. But, you just need laps as these old cars handle quite poorly/differently. You just need to be very smooth on the gas, brake, and wheel. Once you get used to it, it becomes natural on what you can and can't get away with. For the above, this is a one stop strat. The tires will be fine, but you will need to fuel save. Run 1 on the straights, and 2, 3, 4, on the turns and such. Some of the tighter 2nd gear turns take them in 3rd. Short shifting is also required but the car still accelerates enough to keep up with the front runners. Obviously you need to make it to the 30 min mark on one tank and this takes some paying attention. And as much as I try not to, I am not ashamed and have no qualms about it, I used TC set to 1.

At the start I got to P5 within a couple of laps and we all settled in. Was behind a Coutach and in front of a Muria. Fuel save and keep pace. Eventually some of the AI pits and I'm now in P3 behind some weird Merc and the 2000 GT. Same old same old. They both pit at like the 33 min mark which makes me super happy as I am hoping they'll have to pit twice. I am fuel saving and pit on the lap right after the 30 min mark for fuel 1% and tires which barely had any red but I got new ones anyway.

Pop out back in like P8 but pass a couple cars quick. Back to chasing the Countach, Merc, and Toyota. Countach pits and I get passed by a VW bus (might be the most depressing thing I've ever said about GT). Maybe he dropped an LS1 into it because it was super fast, but he had to pit a lot so I wasn't worried, and he did shortly after. Caught up to the Merc/Toyota again and passed the Merc easy as he was held up by a lapped car and both refused to come off the racing line, even on a straight haha. The Merc then pit. Eventually pass the Toyota and am leading with ~15 mins left. Then, I made my first mistake of the whole race.

After that crest going down to that last tight right then left before the finish, the car had a little too much steering input when I hit the brakes and it started sliding. Ended up keeping it straight but hit/scraped up against the wall 'wall-rider-style'. Cost me about 3 seconds which allowed the Toyota back through and I was now down by ~1.5 seconds. I would catch him at some points and he would walk away at others. Finally, I caught him at that same turn and passed. He kept me in his sights until about 5 mins left and he pit.

With three laps left I was up on a Renault by about 12 seconds. So I did some fuel saving just in case, keep everything clean and smooth and won the race by ~15 seconds. On a race I never really intended to do as I didn't think it would be fun, it went from frustrating to fun pretty quick.

39ca50c23c4ddaa94a80bdc39189460c_photo.webp

e5b14e1fd0cf6a34f83d9faefdea8679_photo.webp

4d84c1ff8d630ed090424a00d813ca56_photo.webp

81e4368cee95f697b19e614a952c7a2a_photo.webp

I was so happy to be won-and-done with this I changed the oil in the Ferrari prematurely and even washed it (which I never do)... to likely be put away and never be driven again haha

Good luck.
BMW 3.0 with wing. 1 stop. Rather easy win.

First go today in the Alpine 220. Had to tinker a bit to get it under the PP. Need a different car I think, a lot of understeer on turn exit. Probably a result of the Comfort mediums I had to run on the front to get it under the limit. Made a lot of mistakes. Got 9th. Fun race

I used the Ferrari 308 GTB and with some tuning I ended up with a car that I could drive in my sleep and still be competitive.
My attempt I managed to win by about 55 seconds.
I have a tune for it in my video so just skip to the end if your looking to tune your 308. (Don't change tires when you pit)

Why did they call that "The Human Comedy?" There's a catch to it. Maybe it's trying to teach us not to make errors during this race? The AI seem to be smarter here for some reason too. I am frustrated some here.

I just had an insanely close 0.3 second win in this race. Got passed by Beavouis on the last lap and had to punt, err, aggressively pass him back, then hold off the Sambabus on the final turn with the Mini in the way.

This has been one of the funnest AI races I’ve done in Gran Turismo. Nothing like driving old race cars with some heel-toe action. I wish it paid multiple times, but I might try it again soon with different cars.

I love how when using stick shift in this game, some cars you have to take your time with the shifts, some you can just hammer. Pretty awesome they programmed that in. Or it could’ve placebo, regardless I don’t care!

I used the Ferrari 308 GTB and with some tuning I ended up with a car that I could drive in my sleep and still be competitive.
My attempt I managed to win by about 55 seconds.
I have a tune for it in my video so just skip to the end if your looking to tune your 308. (Don't change tires when you pit)

Used it yesterday and I will try it again tonight.
First laps I was too slow, doing 2m35 laps. It got better and I hoped to catch everyone back but with 5 laps to go the guys in 1st and second came out of the pits just in front of me.
Managed to go into 2nd but when I nearly caught up to the Samba bus in the last lap, the guy in 3rd place spun me around in that hairpin, 4 corners before the finish flag.

So yeah, I do think this car is a good choice but perhaps get used to it before you commit to the 60 minutes :D

Used it yesterday and I will try it again tonight.
First laps I was too slow, doing 2m35 laps. It got better and I hoped to catch everyone back but with 5 laps to go the guys in 1st and second came out of the pits just in front of me.
Managed to go into 2nd but when I nearly caught up to the Samba bus in the last lap, the guy in 3rd place spun me around in that hairpin, 4 corners before the finish flag.

So yeah, I do think this car is a good choice but perhaps get used to it before you commit to the 60 minutes :D
You arent the first to mention the slow lap times. I think with all the practice laps i spent tuning more power into the car i became familiar with the handling and therefore think its easier to drive than it is in reality. Good luck with the next attempt and i really hope this car can come through for you

You arent the first to mention the slow lap times. I think with all the practice laps i spent tuning more power into the car i became familiar with the handling and therefore think its easier to drive than it is in reality. Good luck with the next attempt and i really hope this car can come through for you
Yes it did, won it yesterday by 30 seconden or so :bowdown:

Here’s what I posted in the Human Comedy strategy thread by EmilThaudal:

Just a quick heads up: the LCD now has the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 and it is flat out the best car I tried for the Alsace mission. Like the Alpine A220, it's light and has a lot of power but has a much lower PP score. Just add some ballast and a reduce the ECU (not the power restrictor) to 91 (more on this in a bit), fiddle with the transmission to limit the top end but raise the bottom end dramatically, and you're good to go. Run it full tilt at FM1! Add this to my list of "glitch cars," but it's fun to drive.

As for the ECU, for some reason there is a weird break point at 91. It interacts with the transmission settings to really give you some gift PPs. Plus I decided to use this instead of the power restrictor because I went with very (VERY) short gears and I wanted to keep the power band in the high RPMs rather than stretch it out like the restrictor does. With the short gears for all the turns and a power band in the high revs I was able to get to third place by the second lap at which point I set my best ever lap time (~1:27.8xx). I could have overtaken the lead two drivers but I was driving at the edge of my abilities and I knew they'd pit before me anyway, so I just hung behind. At FM1 I lasted until around the 13th lap with something like 28:00 remaining, so I stopped for fuel and no tires because the car is so dang light even with he ballast added. After fuel and no tires I pulled out still in first by about 3 seconds (not changing tires really made the difference!). I was able to pull ahead by about a second a lap until P2 and P3 pitted again, at which point I cruised to a finish nearly a minute ahead (if I recall correctly . . . I was pretty tired).

I tried the new Ferrari 250 GT as well, but it's so loose and aggravating. The Giulia is definitely the better of the two for this particular race because the Ferrari is going to require a lot of tuning. FWIW, they are both worth the cost because they are a lot of fun to drive!!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back