Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
edu27
Hi GTPlanet community,

For some months I've been testing this project, called GIMX, together with his developer and here are the results:

As you all may notice, Force Feedback is working, no like other fake adapters saying that FFB is working and show a video without their hands off the steering wheel.

Here is the G27 video:

Shifter wasn't working yet the day I recorded the video.

I have a test version with only gears 1st to 4th working, but in the next version of GIMX will be fixed.

For more information please visit: http://gimx.fr

Last edited:
The calibration looks wrong. At 4:18 when he turns the wheel to the left, the gauge on screen still says 51, when it should be going 0-100 when he's all the way to the left. When an independent third party like Inside Sim Racing reviews it and gives it an ok, then I'd say it's legit.

Last edited:
The calibration looks wrong. When an independent third party like Inside Sim Racing reviews it and gives it an ok, then I'd say it's legit.

Tonight I'll upload a new video with the G27, where the in-game calibration is 100, unlike the DFGT, because I got misconfigured the software.

About latency, for me, there aren't any latency, or it's inapreciable for me.

I know that it's hard to believe, too many third party adapters, but this project is open source and whoever can read the code.

Last edited:
Tonight I'll upload a new video with the G27, where the in-game calibration is 100, unlike the DFGT.

Internally DFGT has the half of precision of G27, and the DIY adapter simulates the G29, which is almost the same as G27.

About latency, for me, there aren't any latency, or it's inapreciable for me.

I know that it's hard to believe, too many third party adapters, but this project is open source and whoever can read the code.
That's great if it's all true. Get it into the hands of impartial reviewers and let's see what they say. If it works, you'll need a wheelbarrow to haul the cash to the bank, but it's not legit until people not associated with the company get to test it out.

That's great if it's all true. Get it into the hands of impartial reviewers and let's see what they say. If it works, you'll need a wheelbarrow to haul the cash to the bank, but it's not legit until people not associated with the company get to test it out.
It's not something that is being sold as far as I can tell, you can make your own DIY USB adapter with instructions provided and use the free firmware and software provided to make it work with PS4 and PC.

Looks like a adapter to do what Fanatec wheels did with the g27 on ps3. With it emulating a G29 might not be very easy for Sony to block it.

depends on how accurately it emulates g29. i hope it works well and i hope it will end up having less than 5 ms latency. i'd buy a raspberry pi to run this on if it turned out well.

The new version 5.1 of GIMX has been released a day ago.
The the shifter works correctly now.

If someone have any question I gladly answer it.

I am absolutely FLOORED by these developments!!!! I remember corresponding with Matlo about 2 years ago regarding proper FFB wheel support and he was already very enthusiastic about learning how to get it properly implemented. Now we see has accomplished his goal and I know he must be proud. I honestly thought Jefferson(Author of the TitanOne) would be the first to out this out there, but Matlo has beat him to the punch. I know Jefferson is close though. Looking at sometime in the begginning of 2016.

Anyway Edu, just a few comments and questions my friend....

First, thank you for posting these videos. We can all clearly see from your vids that this is actually TRUE force feedback effects, not just rumble.

1)My first question is, and please correct me if I'm wrong....am I correct in assuming that this new FFB feature now allows GIMX users to use virtually *ANY* PC Force Feedback wheel, or just ones from Logitech? If only Logitech wheels so far, is he working on getting any FFB PC wheel working?

2)He has only mentioned PS4 in his development blogs. But does this new FFB feature allow wheels to work on the PS3 as well? Or just PS4 for now? I'm hoping for PS3 more than PS4 since there are tons of games I have always wanted to play with my PC FFB wheel but can't because my wheel doesn't work on any consoles :(

3)Is Xbox one FFB steering wheel support something Matlo is also interested in exploring as well? What wheel is he looking to emulate there?

I am absolutely FLOORED by these developments!!!! I remember corresponding with Matlo about 2 years ago regarding proper FFB wheel support and he was already very enthusiastic about learning how to get it properly implemented. Now we see has accomplished his goal and I know he must be proud. I honestly thought Jefferson(Author of the TitanOne) would be the first to out this out there, but Matlo has beat him to the punch. I know Jefferson is close though. Looking at sometime in the begginning of 2016.

Anyway Edu, just a few comments and questions my friend....

First, thank you for posting these videos. We can all clearly see from your vids that this is actually TRUE force feedback effects, not just rumble.

1)My first question is, and please correct me if I'm wrong....am I correct in assuming that this new FFB feature now allows GIMX users to use virtually *ANY* PC Force Feedback wheel, or just ones from Logitech? If only Logitech wheels so far, is he working on getting any FFB PC wheel working?

2)He has only mentioned PS4 in his development blogs. But does this new FFB feature allow wheels to work on the PS3 as well? Or just PS4 for now? I'm hoping for PS3 more than PS4 since there are tons of games I have always wanted to play with my PC FFB wheel but can't because my wheel doesn't work on any consoles :(

3)Is Xbox one FFB steering wheel support something Matlo is also interested in exploring as well? What wheel is he looking to emulate there?

1- The development has been based in a document published by Logitech where there are all the information needed to communicate between the wheel and the pc or console. If the other FFB devices use the same protocols I think Matlo would be able to add it to the compatible wheels. Try asking him in the GIMX forums specifying your wheel.

2- I don't tired this in my PS3 but in the Github page there is something in his to-do list. Also is seems to be related with adding your wheel to GIMX too.

3- He is also interested in Xbox One, but I don't now if it want to implement it right now. The new Logitech wheels opened the way, but he would need some he help with it. There are some fundraising topics in the GIMX blog posted that will help.

Last edited:
I'll be very interested in this if and when it supports Fanatec wheels. I was thinking however, that since the Fanatec wheels in PS3 mode piggyback onto the G27 software in PS3 games, would that mean they'd work?

Currently Driveclub doesn't support Fanatec wheels, so this would mean I'd be able to play Driveclub with my wheel, which would be a happy day indeed!

I'll be very interested in this if and when it supports Fanatec wheels. I was thinking however, that since the Fanatec wheels in PS3 mode piggyback onto the G27 software in PS3 games, would that mean they'd work?

Currently Driveclub doesn't support Fanatec wheels, so this would mean I'd be able to play Driveclub with my wheel, which would be a happy day indeed!

I was just wondering that myself. Wouldn't it be fantastically ironic if you can't use the CSR Elite on the XBONE... but you CAN use it on PS4??? :D

I was just wondering that myself. Wouldn't it be fantastically ironic if you can't use the CSR Elite on the XBONE... but you CAN use it on PS4??? :D

You already can on certain games can't you? I know that my standard CSR Forza wheel works perfectly with Pcars, The Crew, and F1 2015, which yes, I think is quite ironic since it's not compatible with the X1 lol. The only game it won't work with is Driveclub at this stage.

I'm going to remove the Forza logo from the wheel, as it's compatible with almost anything but Forza so it seems a little silly lol.

I wasn't even considering that... I know Fanatec works with PCars, but I haven't picked up any games for my PS4 besides Batman, and don't even have a Fanatec wheel yet although I have a CSRE on the way.

I still wonder if Fanatec will work with Gran Turismo 7...

Last edited:
Hmmm. Very interesting. If this ends up going well, I may have finally found a far cheaper alternative to spending stupid amounts of money for basically the same wheel with a "share" button.

Can you please tell me how to connect a Titan One and a laptop using this software. I am using a Driving Force GT. Do I still need a special adapter?

Do you need the DIY adapter, if you use a Raspberry Pi?

It's required on all platforms.

Here is how it's works:

Wheel connected to PC or Raspberry Pi.
DS4 connected to PC or Raspberry Pi.
The CP2102 (DIY adapter USB) connected to PC or Raspberry Pi.
The Teensy 2.0 (DIY adapter Mini USB) connected to PS4.

It's required on all platforms.

Here is how it's works:

Wheel connected to PC or Raspberry Pi.
DS4 connected to PC or Raspberry Pi.
The CP2102 (DIY adapter USB) connected to PC or Raspberry Pi.
The Teensy 2.0 (DIY adapter Mini USB) connected to PS4.

Ok thanks for clearing this up. I was hoping for a solution with less handicraft work and cable tangle.

ok this looks doable.. 2 little boxes (this and one for RaPi)
still much better than buying a new wheel, but I'll wait till there are a few more reports that everything works (especially with raspberry)

ok this looks doable.. 2 little boxes (this and one for RaPi)
still much better than buying a new wheel, but I'll wait till there are a few more reports that everything works (especially with raspberry)

I'm testing with a Raspberry Pi 2 right now, I'll upload a video while play to Driveclub. It's work, but somtimes I getting random disconnections. This is normal, because the Raspberry compatibility still is experimental.

Last edited:
Without sounding too dumb, what is a raspberry pi? Are there any plans for marketing or selling these all ready to go with no D.I.Y. Work?

Back