PLEASE HELP! 1.09 update error occurred during installation.

• Thread starter GtNobezy
  • 3 comments
Australia
Gold Coast
Nobezy
PLEASE HELP gran turismo 6 1.09 update (error occurred during installation)

I have previously had the 1.09 update installed and working fine on my ps3 system. Then about a week or two later i noticed my game starting to freeze, shortly after i was not able to save my game progress a message would appear saying (Failed to save data).

After speaking with Playstation customer support they advised me to try Safe mode settings number 3 and 4. After doing so the game then asks me to "again" download the (latest version 1.09 update) i then press ok and the download begins as usual, within a couple of hours all eight patchs are downloaded and installed. As i proceed into the game another small screen appears saying at the top (Installation preperation in progress) the installation begins shortly after. In blue text it tells me approx 80min left then an error occurs! it says (Error occured durring installation).

After speaking again to Playstation support they said i should try some DNS network settings. The settings made no difference, i was then told to try safe mode setting 5 witch set my playstation back to its original state causing me to loose everything. I download update 1.09 "again" only to find the same error message as before upon installation. I was told to try and format the system storage, this took 3 hours and didn't fix the issue. I then think to try another network so i delete the update data and try downloading it again at a friends place, this also made no difference.

Thinking my HDD maybe faulty i purchase a brand new 2.5 sata 500GB HDD from my local computer store, installed the 4.60 system software onto it. Downloaded the GT6 1.09 update data "again" only to find the same result. Im all out of ideas can anybody PLEASE help me with this issue..

Granturismo is the only game i like to play, i have not been able to play online for about two weeks now VERY FRUSTRATING! l also have Call of Duty which seems to work just fine. Though im having some similar problems with Grand Theft Auto 5 patchs. It seems to me that the issue only occurs when trying to play games with large update data patchs.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back