Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60 by @shaunm80
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster by @krenkme
Plymouth XNR at:Fly Me To The Moon Tuning Garage

Times:

Gold: 1:33.000
Silver: 1:36.000
Bronze: 1:42.000

Prizes:

Gold - Cr. 45,000 + GT POLARIZED 007-P (paint chip)
Silver - Cr. 23,000
Bronze - Cr. 16,000

Registration Period:
Start:
2/26/2014 - 21:00
End: 3/26/2014 - 21:00

Last edited:
Can't wait to try these later, hopefully some kind genius will have a super fast tune posted by the time I get to play. In all honesty I prefer the time trials to the races, so PD can keep em coming for me

I just create my profile on this awesome forum!

I would like to thank a lot GTP_CargoRatt, doodlemonoply, eclipsee, WhoosieGirl and all the others who share their wonderful tunes!
Thanks to you, I've been improved so much my chronos! I'm TOP 200 on Suzuka and Chamonix, 313e on Willow (compare to top 2000 on Roma 2 weeks ago!) and I've played to GT only for a couple of months! You are so great!

Once again : Thank you so much to the experts!

I just create my profile on this awesome forum!

I would like to thank a lot GTP_CargoRatt, doodlemonoply, eclipsee, WhoosieGirl and all the others who share their wonderful tunes!
Thanks to you, I've been improved so much my chronos! I'm TOP 200 on Suzuka and Chamonix, 313e on Willow (compare to top 2000 on Roma 2 weeks ago!) and I've played to GT only for a couple of months! You are so great!

Once again : Thank you so much to the experts!

Welcome to :gtpflag:

I actually found this one quite fun and easy. The 1 million to buy this car wasn't too nice (why the hell did I sell this before!?), but in the end it was a fun drive. Ran it near 1:37:00 stock, but got Gold after some added power, weight adjustment, and the preset 5-speed trans. I maybe ran a total of 4 laps overall and I was done. Might try for a faster time after work. Also, I love Willow Springs, but I do agree that it is being used a bit too much for Seasonals.

Can't wait to try these later, hopefully some kind genius will have a super fast tune posted by the time I get to play. In all honesty I prefer the time trials to the races, so PD can keep em coming for me
Except for the fact that you can only earn the monetary reward once, they're okay.

... The 1 million to buy this car ...

Yes, I've not completed the Goodwood runs and won't be spending 1 mil. I'm not sure whether the frustration of Willow Springs is worth spending the time at Goodwood. The cash is barely worth it, but the lure of the paint chip might get me in the end :dopey:.

Things PD doesn't have when thinking up combos: Variety.

This is the 4th time a TT has been on any version of Willow Springs. :indiff:
And I was thinking I was the only one that had this problem too...lol.
I mean all the tracks, all the different variations and they continue to bring us to these tracks, PD give it a rest already! In saying that after seeing the amount of times we had to do the Nurb on seasonal events in the last game you can hardly be surprised. They obviously have their favourites but do we need to do the same ones over amd over and over and.....
Myself, I have always been a fan of Cote de azure(Monte Carlo) but I think between GT5 and GT6(4 years now) there have been a combined total of possibly 5 events where this extremely famous and well respected course has been used. But as you say this is now the fourth time in the 3 1/2 months since this game has been released that we have been taken to Willow Springs for seasonal events, I didn't mind the place when I first tried it, but I am beginning to get sick of the sight of the place now. Ever heard of the expression "To much of a good thing" PD?

Yes, I've not completed the Goodwood runs and won't be spending 1 mil. I'm not sure whether the frustration of Willow Springs is worth spending the time at Goodwood. The cash is barely worth it, but the lure of the paint chip might get me in the end :dopey:.

Hell, Goodwood was FUN, mate. 👍 Don't even hesitate...

Oh, and you'll be better off to the tune of 2 million credits: The 1m you would've spent on the car & the 1m you'll get for golding the events.

I enjoyed goodwood challenge, The money isn't great but the cars you get for free from competing are worth it. It also gives you an appreciation for patience, and maintaining your cool when you keep hitting the wall and having to restart.
At least PD are doing something different in the game, a new challenge so to speak! can't knock em for that.

I enjoyed goodwood challenge, The money isn't great but the cars you get for free from competing are worth it. It also gives you an appreciation for patience, and maintaining your cool when you keep hitting the wall and having to restart.
At least PD are doing something different in the game, a new challenge so to speak! can't knock em for that.
Totally agree, never seen straw hay bales that strong in my life:lol:

They were great fun and like you say something a little different to the normal super easy career races thats for sure.

Im still scowling at the TV screen for the final race of Goodwood. Im sure they made the Redbull wider for that course than it is normally! Always getting to within 100 meters of the finish line and on the last turn, Bang!, into the wall. One day that final gold will be mine!

:lol: You could be right! I had trouble with the back end hitting the wall in the chicane, lost count of how many times it looked as if I was through, then BANG! Failed again, next try. Probably took as long to get that as it did to do the 14 that came before it.
It is a real pain but I guarantee it will have you punching the air and dancing around like nothing else when you get it.

Time for some more action at the Festival of Speed at Goodwood to win this baby. :gtpflag:

The BMW and Lotus were pretty easy. They only took me a few runs of each to nail down Gold. The Mercedes race car is completely different and it took a few runs just to get used to going faster.

Wow...

I'm so excited (not)...

Another Time Trial...

Agreed. I've stopped playing altogether. Instead I just check this forum every couple weeks, hoping some will post something about a seasonal race. Fortunately there should be a new/recycled Seasonal race on GT5 tmrw.

Here is my tune for the XNR at Big Willow.

XNR Ghia Roadster '60 Willow Springs Seasonal tune 430pp SH.

Another easy gold for me so should be even easier for anyone who knows the course. Just beware it can get a little slippery, but I do like em that way:D

Enjoy and good luck!

I used your tune and lapped at 1:25:554 i believe (i'm not at home right now) but i just made 2 changes, i put the regular exhaust but introduced the competition computer and the result i got was an increase in power and the possibility to reduce the ballast that you put and got a more powerful and lighter car, i'm telling you in case you want to try

Agreed. I've stopped playing altogether. Instead I just check this forum every couple weeks, hoping some will post something about a seasonal race. Fortunately there should be a new/recycled Seasonal race on GT5 tmrw.
I don't even know if I'm going to continue to play. The only reason I have a PS3 is for Gran Turismo. If Sony/PD wants me to buy a PS4 and GT7, they need to really step up their game.

I used your tune and lapped at 1:25:554 i believe (i'm not at home right now) but i just made 2 changes, i put the regular exhaust but introduced the competition computer and the result i got was an increase in power and the possibility to reduce the ballast that you put and got a more powerful and lighter car, i'm telling you in case you want to try
Thanks for the feedback @jtoribio94 :cheers:

I appreciate the tips. Thanks for sharing your changes,👍
I will definitely give them a try!

It's bedtime for me, but as soon as I get home from work tomorrow I'll be back to the grind with the this and the other two cars to give them a right good work out. Any suggestions you have for the other tunes I've posted would be gladly accepted!

Cheers Again:D

Back