Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster Super Lap

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 92 comments
What's your gearing like and when are you shifting? The Plymouth runs out of oomph not long after it's mid rpm range so it's wasteful to rev it high.

I shift gears at 8000 rpm (before the "rupture moteur" in french). But my transmission is certainly not good! It is the very beginning I played Gran turismo and I have difficulties to make alone a "good" setup!

I see your rank! Woaw! Good job Lewis!

Sorry for my English language, it is not easy for me!

Well I finally managed to crack the 24's with a 1:24:89x. On the current tune/with the DS3 I'm not sure there's much left to gain. Pretty happy with 38th place and 2nd in Aus though :)

@lewis and whoever wants help. I watched a replay of the leader and noticed he is only using 4 gears and shifting early. Im not sure if four gears is the answer but definitely shift early. I beat my best time by the 2nd lap changing my transmission to do that. I played around and got 51st for now and 1st in the US until doddle runs a few laps or maybe cargo. I think the twin plate is better until you go into the last sector but the triple plate is way better for the last. My times arent much different either way. I really think my tune would help a lot of people if they try it. I would like some feedback. I feel like bumping up the braking part of the lsd and using a little higher anti lock brakes helps in that last turn. I may try tomorrow for a few laps. Good luck and let me know what I can do to better my tune please.Also I ran about the same adding balast up to 50 pounds but at a hundred I was slower so maybe play with that. Also ran my best lap when rigidity was worn and in the yellow. I didnt make the improvement either so i am curious what you guys think of it. I'll try tomorrow.

Last edited:
I was at 1:28.417 , after hours and hours of tuning, just couldn't get any better. So then I went to see how the number one rank was doing it, and I noticed that he was using SRF, I checked at least 20 other drivers randomly and they were all using SRF. Until today I had always competed with only ABS1, always had trouble getting under the 2000 rankings, I tried the SRF, my time was 1:27.403 rank 794. Do what makes you happy, here's the tune.[URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fly-me-to-the-moon-tuning-garage.300916/#post-9407844"]Plymouth XNR at:Fly Me To The Moon Tuning Garage[/URL]

I was at 1:28.417 , after hours and hours of tuning, just couldn't get any better. So then I went to see how the number one rank was doing it, and I noticed that he was using SRF, I checked at least 20 other drivers randomly and they were all using SRF. Until today I had always competed with only ABS1, always had trouble getting under the 2000 rankings, I tried the SRF, my time was 1:27.403 rank 794. Do what makes you happy, here's the tune.Plymouth XNR at:Fly Me To The Moon Tuning Garage

I did the same thing for the first few seasonals before I picked up on SRF. It's a rubbish and annoying setting really, and I find it quite disruptive the way it can turn on/off mid corner, but if you're playing seasonals to see how far you can climb the ladder then unfortunately it's a must have.

It is not a cheat, for the last time. It is an available aid for anyone to use that chooses to do so. If you don't like it, simply don't use it. I don't like SRF anymore than you, but calling it a cheat is just lame and basically a cheap shot at those who use it.
kind of like how Lance Armstrong wasn't cheating because everybody was doing it

kind of like how Lance Armstrong wasn't cheating because everybody was doing it

Cargo of course is correct regarding SRF and mirrors the argument I have used here from day one.
Using SRF is just as legal and correct as using any number of the aids provided eg; driving line, active steering, traction control, ASM, ABS, Controller Steering Sensitivity.
Now it's true that many would prefer there wasn't the SRF option, but there is, just like there are other options here to make ones racing experience an enjoyable one.
Your remark comparing the cycling cheat, Armstrong, to drivers here using SRF is absurd as there is no comparison between the two, totally different scenario's. The former was using illegal means to win while the latter is completely legal.

Last edited:
Cargo of course is correct regarding SRF and mirrors the argument I have used here from day one.
Using SRF is just as legal and correct as using any number of the aids provided eg; driving line, active steering, traction control, ASM, ABS, Controller Steering Sensitivity.
Now it's true that many would prefer there wasn't the SRF option, but there is, just like there are other options here to make ones racing experience an enjoyable one.
Your remark comparing the cycling heat, Armstrong, to drivers here using SRF is absurd as there is no comparison between the two, totally different scenario's. The former was using illegal means to win while the latter is completely legal.
I was agreeing though

Curious if the rigidity would help. I dont want to throw away a million credits to find out. Most of the time I buy two, sometimes three cars for the tt. Not gonna do it this time.
You don't need to waste a single credit to try rigidity improvement.

Here are some "basic" lines of the process:

10 - Save your game in GT6
20 - Quit GT6
30 - Make a copy of your saved file into an USB drive (as a backup)
40 - Load GT6
50 - Buy rigidity improvement for your car
60 - Do you like it?
A.- Yes, then, print
B.- No thanks, then restore your backup made in 30

In short, you can take part in a seasonal TT even without really having to buy the car.

Last edited:

20 - Quit GT6
40 - Load GT6
60 - Do you like it?
A.- Yes, then, print

In short, you can take part in a seasonal TT even without really having to buy the car.

well how didn't i think of that... basic but new to me! thanks:tup: I wish i had a saved backup of my lambo setup before i 🤬 it up with rigidity and oil..:banghead:

20 - Quit GT6
40 - Load GT6
60 - Do you like it?
A.- Yes, then, print

:lol: I like it!
Some good advice delivered very well.:gtpflag:

Losing time on uphill at the apricot, about .3 to my slower overall ghost, different setup, might be gearing. will have to watch top ghosts. 1:25.270, another .5 max and I am done

Anyone using different rims(same size), does it make a difference?

Last edited:
@eclipse Thanks for the info. I wish I could upload pics. I would post my new setup. I'm down to 124.57 for 34th and 1st in the US now and I am older and not half as good as some of you guys. I can run 124.7 lap after lap but screw up after the hill in that dog leg hard left. Its not that hard. I just get nervous when I am .2 from the leader and know I can pass him but for some reason I do. I lose a good half to full second there but my new tune is actually faster on the most important turn. The last one. I find that when I am down 1.5 seconds I dont care and actually make up time in that last turn. I am sure some of you guys could beat the leader with it easily. The last time I posted my first tune one guy @Dalone posted it helped so thanks for that. If you guys want to see it or have help for that turn let me know and I will post it. I have began to wonder if people are not interested in this race since it is a little slower and a wierd looking car. I have never understood why more people don't post helpful ideas. It's just a game. What do you actually get if you were #1 or top 10? Nothing. So why not make the game more enjoyable for everyone?

Last edited:
@eclipse Thanks for the info. I wish I could upload pics. I would post my new setup. I'm down to 124.57 for 34th and 1st in the US now and I am older and not half as good as some of you guys. I can run 124.7 lap after lap but screw up after the hill in that dog leg hard left. Its not that hard. I just get nervous when I am .2 from the leader and know I can pass him but for some reason I do. I lose a good half to full second there but my new tune is actually faster on the most important turn. The last one. I find that when I am down 1.5 seconds I dont care and actually make up time in that last turn. I am sure some of you guys could beat the leader with it easily. The last time I posted my first tune one guy @Dalone posted it helped so thanks for that. If you guys want to see it or have help for that turn let me know and I will post it. I have began to wonder if people are not interested in this race since it is a little slower and a wierd looking car. I have never understood why more people don't post helpful ideas. It's just a game. What do you actually get if you were #1 or top 10? Nothing. So why not make the game more enjoyable for everyone?

would love to see your tune for this car, many thanks stewyripper :cheers:

would love to see your tune for this car, many thanks stewyripper :cheers:

You are the lead man in my race Stewy (or was when I last raced yesterday). I can be ahead of you or level with you for most of it until just before the last sweeping right hander. I think I just need something else in the tune, some more power perhaps, anyway will look at options later.
And if you have worked on your tune Eagle Eye, I, like Stewy wouldn't mind a look. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone that posted their tunes, many of us would be lost without the help.
I went with Thorin Cain's tune and did well. Thank you great tune.
I have been back and forth running neck and neck with Stewy but was down by .007.
Started playing with the settings and now have this set up for a 1:25.015. Far better that I expected.
I use a ds3 so I'm not sure how well this helps with a wheel.
Now down to 1:24.726 and have updated the tune with the changes below.

Custom Suspension
Adjustable Transmission
Racing brakes
LSD
Triple Clutch
Sport Exhaust
Catalytic Sports
Weight reduction #3
Aero part A (not sure this does anything or even what it is. Maybe headlight covers)

Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60
430pp, 274hp, 1299kg, 4.74 kg/hp power limiter @ 100%

Ride Height... 106 / 125
Spring Rate... 7.50 / 5.60
Dampers C......... 4 / 4
Dampers Ex....... 5 / 5
ARB.................... 3 / 3
Camber......... 0.00 / 0.00
Toe.............. -0.16 /-0.02
Brakes................ 6 / 7
LSD................ 10 / 18 / 7
Ballast............ 54kg @ 50
Weight Dist....... 52 / 48

I'm running really odd Transmission gearing.

Transmission
Set Final gear to 2475 then set
Top speed @ 149
1st) - 5.932
2nd)- 4.072
3rd) - 3.076
4th) - 2.438
5th) - 1.985
Final ) - 2.230

dalone your a ds3 user also if I remember correctly. Give this a go untill Eagle Eye post his.
Stewy your turn to jump back in front.
Eagle Eye I'm also an older guy add me to your friends list if you wish. I'm gaining ground but still a half second behind you.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that posted their tunes, many of us would be lost without the help.
I went with Thorin Cain's tune and did well. Thank you great tune.
I have been back and forth running neck and neck with Stewy but was down by .007.
Started playing with the settings and now have this set up for a 1:25.015. Far better that I expected. I use a ds3 so I'm not sure how well this helps with a wheel.

Custom Suspension
Adjustable Transmission
Racing brakes
LSD
Triple Clutch
Sport Exhaust
Catalytic Sports
Weight reduction #3
Aero part A (not sure this does anything or even what it is. Maybe headlight covers)

430pp, 274hp, 1299kg, 4.74 kg/hp
Ride Height - 106 / 125
Spring Rate - 7.50 / 5.19
Dampers C. - 4 / 4
Dampers Ex - 5 / 5
ARB 4 / 5
Camber - 0.00 / 0.00
Toe - -0.16 /-0.04
Brakes - 6 / 7
LSD - 8 / 17 / 10
Ballast - 54kg @ 50
weight Dist. - 52 / 48

I'm running really odd Transmission gearing.

Transmission
Set Final gear to 2500 then set
Top speed @ 149
1st) - 5.932
2nd)- 4.072
3rd) - 3.076
4th) - 2.443
5th) - 1.985
Final ) - 2.230

dalone your a ds3 user also if I remember correctly. Give this a go untill Eagle Eye post his.
Stewy your turn to jump back in front.
Eagle Eye I'm also an older guy add me to your friends list if you wish. I'm gaining ground but still a half second behind you.

Im off to my bed now see you boys in the morning, will post my tune tomorrow, it may give someone an edge

We should start a race club for older people the entry fee is age.
will think about that one.
Stewy

Nice tune @waukazoo , tried it out, worked well.... beat my time, used my tune beat it. will use both tunes. yours has a bit more oversteer. Ty at 1:25.029, approaching limits.

update....1:24.778 (65th atm) with slightly mod. @waukazoo tune . extra rigidity added too, will try w/o

Last edited:
110-100
5.5-3.0
5-2
5-2
5-3
0.0-0.0
-.90/-.45
BB 5-8
lsd 5/30/10
take all weight off
carbon shaft
aero part
Weight up to 50 or without is about the same towards the back.

I was 29th yesterday. Dropped a little and with this info probably gonna be 100 or so but I found that the clutch dont make a whole lot of difference either way. (Twin faster uphill) (triple evens out for whole race) I was a half second faster when I got an oil change and bought the rigidity improvement. I can run 124.7 lap after lap with this tune and have been as close as .2 in the last sector and get nervous in the last turn. I can run .2 to beating the leader in the first sector lap after lap. After that hill going down in that hard left screws me. Its funny because if i am behind by a couple seconds i can make up a half secon in the last turn. Nerves. I haven't perfected power yet or a transmission. I can do about the same with a four or five speed. I would recommend setting the last 3 gears very close. Thats the only ones u need. If u notice the leader doesn't drop but like 2000 rpms when shifting. Getting to the start line imo just having stage one is the fastest for me but not sure for the whole race. Would like anything you guys can help with or tell me if you disagree with any of this.

Last edited:
I changed the lsd to 5/40/5 and a four speed tranny with a twin plate and immediately beat my time two laps in a row. Down to 124.162 for 22nd. Maybe try tomorrow. Think I can get into the 123's. Also changed the ride height back to 115/105 and toe to -1.00/-.50. I am not half as good as some of you so with my tune in the right hands I feel u could easily get into the top 10. Let me know what you think. Use the strong active steering because its kind of loose.

1:24..095 started as @waukazoo tune , modified. thought I was racing my ghost, at 1:24.4 , so wasn't excited coming round last sector and didn't take it seriously ...then I saw 24th place! Happy but disappointed I screwed up last sector. Anyway 1:23.9 possible...but probably done

1:24..095 started as @waukazoo tune , modified. thought I was racing my ghost, at 1:24.4 , so wasn't excited coming round last sector and didn't take it seriously ...then I saw 24th place! Happy but disappointed I screwed up last sector. Anyway 1:23.9 possible...but probably done
Way to go! :cheers:!
I'm making small gains but I think I'm at my limit skill wise. What changes did you make? I'd like to give it one more go.

Way to go! :cheers:!
I'm making small gains but I think I'm at my limit skill wise. What changes did you make? I'd like to give it one more go.

ty 👍
106 112
7.5 5.19
4-4
5-5
5-6
-24 -14
bb-7-5
lsd 8/35/14
trans same except 3rd 3166
power> sports pc, racing exhaust, cat converter 88.1 power
55 at +50
didn't add extra rigidity on this car

In top 24...16 Germans! they must have found some great tune In other 2 TT's 3 total

Last edited:
Back