PLZ no more Expensive Cars in GT7

• Thread starter uwrecker
  • 380 comments

Are extremly expensive cars a mistake?

• Total voters
Or the players that can cheat the most.

Mmm, actually it's sort of both - but more the price.

GT Sport has the second highest credit payout rate in Gran Turismo history, behind only GT6... but because it also has the joint highest-priced cars in Gran Turismo history (with GT5 and GT6), it's also the second slowest in terms of how long it takes to earn the credits to buy the highest priced cars in it, behind only GT5. When GT5's servers were on, it was about equal (GTS is still slightly quicker), and there were occasionally high value Seasonal Events.

In GT6 of course it was incredibly fast - taking less time to win enough credits to buy a 20m car than it did in GT3 to buy a 3.5m car - and faster still with login bonuses and high value Seasonals. GTS pays out faster than any other game except GT6 which, since it was the last one before GTS, might tilt our perspective a little towards thinking older games were faster.
If you are looking at Cr paymouts only then yes, but I don't think there is a faster legitimate way to earn money repeatedly than by winning the TVR Speed 12 and selling it in GT2.

5 laps at Red Rock Valley and you would make 550,000Cr from that in just over 5 mins. The seasonal events in previous GT's paid out a lot, but they were one time payments so you couldn't repeat to earn more Cr.

Thanks to the lasck of save values on prize cars in GT Sport I find it takes ages to buy any expensive car, let alone one of the 20m cars.

I didn't think there was much wrong with the economy in GT4 where the most expensive cars to buy IIRC wer 4,500,000Cr. GT5, 6 and GT Sport are the first GT games where I have struggled to save up for an expensive car, to the point that it's not worth the bother.

The seasonal events in previous GT's paid out a lot, but they were one time payments so you couldn't repeat to earn more Cr.

IDK, I remember the season events in GT5 to be pretty lucrative. And you could go as many times as you wanted until they switched events. Plus, if you managed to win with a PP bonus, you could win mid 6 figures.

IDK, I remember the season events in GT5 to be pretty lucrative. And you could go as many times as you wanted until they switched events. Plus, if you managed to win with a PP bonus, you could win mid 6 figures.
Perhaps, I recall special events where you won the prize money for your finishing position once, then you got more Cr if you finished in a higher position. So once you won the event there was no more Cr to be earned. That may have just been GT6 though, but that's what I can remember.

in GT Sport I find it takes ages to buy any expensive car, let alone one of the 20m cars.
It does not take ages to buy any expensive car in GT Sport, in fact it does not take you very long at all to get what you want.

On the 20 million credit cars in the game it taken me 12 days to buy 1 unicorn car, and that is about 1 hour of play time for winning different races each day for me, but that all depends on how much time you spend on playing the game. So it is so dam easy to get what you want in the game, but unfortunately some players want everything in 5 minutes and it just does not going to happen.

It does not take ages to buy any expensive car in GT Sport, in fact it does not take you very long at all to get what you want.

On the 20 million credit cars in the game it taken me 12 days to buy 1 unicorn car, and that is about 1 hour of play time for winning different races each day for me, but that all depends on how much time you spend on playing the game. So it is so dam easy to get what you want in the game, but unfortunately some players want everything in 5 minutes and it just does not going to happen.
Said without a hint of irony.

You bought cars from the store because you wanted them instantly. You used a glitch and you rubber banded your controller because you wanted them faster. For you to keep claiming everything is fine and other people are wrong is absurd.

I would consider a 12 day slog to purchase a single car in a racing game without buying anything else during those 12 days a very long time to dedicate to that singe virtual vehicle purchase. It's far too much of a grind to work towards owning a single virtual car in my opinion.

Remember the most important aspect about any game is fun, I don't appreciate a grind for the sake of grinding. I don't mind things taking effort, but it has to feel like you're working towards something and being rewarded at the end of it. Repeating that same race over and over and over becuase it gives the biggest payout stops being fun pretty quick, so what you are grinding for needs to be something you can obtain before it becomes too much of a chore.

GT4 had the best economy in my opinion, you could sell the prize cars, there were loads of different events, including the higher paying ones in there too, but you didn't need to endlessly grind those to afford your next purchase, there were enough events with good enough payouts you could earn a lot just replaying various events or progressing through the game normally.

It wasn't a perfect game and GT4's career lacked in some other ways IMO, but that games economy was great.

Last edited:
Agreed.
I have a life. Been trying to get that 20mil Jaguar XJ13 since the beginning and I still can't.
I had it in GT5 and had a lot of fun with it. I love it, and it's infuriating/frustrating not being able to get it in GT Sport.

I hoped that buying PS+ to play online would in some way help me get those 20mil cars. Nope I was wrong.

The economy system is broken, and so is the daily reward "roulette".

Period.

The game economy is totally broken. Its not skill based. The only thing resembling a decent payout for a skill based task is the Lewis Hamilton DLC which you have to pay for.

In Gran Turismo 2 it took half an hour of winning the right event to afford the most expensive car, I think thats the right amount of time.

The fact that I could, within a week, equal the credits earned from 1900 sport mode races and 100 GT league races by purchasing DLC, is insulting.

Agreed.
I have a life. Been trying to get that 20mil Jaguar XJ13 since the beginning and I still can't.
I had it in GT5 and had a lot of fun with it. I love it, and it's infuriating/frustrating not being able to get it in GT Sport.

I hoped that buying PS+ to play online would in some way help me get those 20mil cars. Nope I was wrong.

The economy system is broken, and so is the daily reward "roulette".

Period.
The Economy system in GT Sport is not Broken, and it has never has been Broken. You said you have been trying to get that 20mil Jaguar XJ13 since the beginning and I still can't, well that is definitely not the games fault because it is entirely 100% your fault.

The Economy system in GT Sport is not Broken, and it has never has been Broken. You said you have been trying to get that 20mil Jaguar XJ13 since the beginning and I still can't, well that is definitely not the games fault because it is entirely 100% your fault.
I don't accept any opinion/advice from a cheater ("it's ok to use a glitch because the game allowed it") who is still arguing in the other thread with Famine, who, himself, repeatedly said you are a cheater to get those credits and showed written proof. Yeah that's how you get those 20mil. Here it is: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ran-turismo-sport.373222/page-3#post-12147529
Honor to you, wow.
You've been arguing with Famine and you've been arguing with countless gtplanet members about the same thing, over and over again in the past month or os (as far as I know, then it could be way more than that). Desperately trying to support your opinion of "glitching is good, you should not import cars from GTS because the economy system is not broken"

If you had a life that takes your time away, you would understand. You still don't understand, so.

Now, back on my ignore list. Fordlaser.

Last edited:
The unicorn cars are a part of current motorsport via the Goodwood Revival and many other Historic racing festivals. People want to see these cars perform on track, rather than just in museums - in fact I believe classic racing is one of the fastest growing sectors of motorsport. There are now too many classic events throughout Europe - there are sometimes multiple events on the same weekend - with the consequence that there aren't enough cars available for all the possible events!

Some people (myself included) enjoy attending these festivals and want to be able to race the same or similar cars - for me it is important that it is on realistically slippery rubber - these relatively low powered cars should be a challenge to drive and not feel like they are on rails.

There are some wonderful historics in the game, beautifully modelled and there are also some superb replica liveries available, but the prices in the game make it difficult for players to enjoy these cars.

Instead of reading this site I should (according to PD) be spending my time grinding for a Jaguar XJ13 - I have now got most of the Unicorns, but I have had to spend far more time on this game than I really want to. I'm currently almost at Level 49 and have about 15m credits - that remaining 5m will probably take me between 5 and 20 days longer depending on how much time I am able to spend with the game.

I find this grinding tedious - I have some of the same cars in Asetto Corsa and Project Cars and didn't have to do any grinding as all the cars were unlocked - this did not reduce my enjoyment of driving and racing these classic cars one iota.

For anyone who wants to race Unicorn cars on realistic (i.e. comfort tyres) click on the link in my signature - we are currently racing the Porsche 356 and will shortly be switching to the Aston Martin DB3S.

Last edited:
My 2 cents for this topic.

If 20 million cars exist which they will, I will NOT grind, the game will either be generous and give them out as a gifts or they appear in the games daily workout wheel if that's a thing.

After 6 years of pointless grind in GTA Online and little satisfaction (since I sold that game) I learnt there is no point in grinding for something even if you want it, I also dislike the fact that this game has an economy when it's down to individual players what they do with their in game money but that's just my pet grumble.

Also here's a thought for you PD, if you really want us to have those 20 million cars, set a price on the PS Store and make them available to buy, thus those of use who only have 3 - 4 hours a night for gaming can have them if we choose to!

I don't accept any opinion/advice from a cheater ("it's ok to use a glitch because the game allowed it") who is still arguing in the other thread with Famine, who, himself, repeatedly said you are a cheater to get those credits and showed written proof. Yeah that's how you get those 20mil. Here's it is: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ran-turismo-sport.373222/page-3#post-12147529
Honor to you, wow.
You've been arguing with Famine and you've been arguing with countless gtplanet members about the same thing, over and over again in the past month or os (as far as I know, then it could be way more than that). Desperately trying to support your opinion of "glitching is good, you should not import cars from GTS because the economy system is not broken"

If you had a life that takes your time away, you would understand. You still don't understand, so.

Now, back to my ignore list. Fordlaser.
I fully understand but you and the others don't for some reason, because you and other players that complain about the game economy, just because you and the other players don't play that much and you Blame the game for it.
Don't you know the more you play GT Sport and win credits the more credits you get, but unfortunately some players don't know that especially you.

So what if I done a glitch in the game to get credits but the game let's you do it, well do it if you want.

@Famine loves to dig up dirt about me, because he can not win an argument, and that why he loves to dig up dirt. You know I am right about the economy system in GT Sport and you are totally wrong Famine. because there is nothing wrong with the game economy, just people don't play as much and they blame the the game and you know that.

@Famine loves to dig up dirt about me, because he can not win an argument
You've never made one. Your posts usually amount to "this is how it is because this is how it is", or declaring "something because something else", where the two things are entirely unrelated and the "because" is doing an incredible amount of lifted, beyond its design.

Nonetheless, it's hardly digging up dirt. You admitted to cheating to get credits. Nothing you say on the game's economy or the effort other players must put in to buy cars is valid, because you cheated to get around it.

You've also used regular methods of gaining credits without effort - which shows you'll use any shortcut available to you in order to get credits while telling other people they need to put in the effort.

It's incredible hypocrisy.

So what if I done a glitch in the game to get credits but the game let's you do it, well do it if you want.
The game let you do it, before it was patched out. It was an unintended mechanic which you exploited. The definition of cheating in a game is exploiting unintended mechanics. You cheated. You are a cheat...

... and yet you still think you can tell other people what the right way to play is, and that they need to put effort in.

You know I am right about the economy system in GT Sport and you are totally wrong Famine.
If you were right, you wouldn't have cheated. If the economy system was fine there would have been no need for you to cheat. But you did cheat.

If you were capable of reading, you'd also spot me pointing out in this thread that GT Sport is the second-fastest game in GT history for credit earning (but the second-slowest in terms of time to buy the most expensive cars)... but you aren't, which is why you're declaring me "totally wrong".

None of this requires any joined-up thinking...

there is nothing wrong with the game economy

You mean the economy that you avoided as much as you can by using an exploit, rubber banding your controller and buying microtransaction quick access cars from the PS Store? That economy? If there is nothing wrong with it you wouldn't need to do any of those. It's hilarious you keep saying people want "everything in five minutes" when the store microtransactions are EXACTLY that. You are that person.

I fully understand but you and the others don't for some reason, because you and other players that complain about the game economy, just because you and the other players don't play that much and you Blame the game for it.
Don't you know the more you play GT Sport and win credits the more credits you get, but unfortunately some players don't know that especially you.
Your entire argument is asinine. For the record, I have no problem affording the most expensive cars in GT1, GT2, GT3 or GT4 on the amount of time I dedicate to gaming. Yes I do still play the older GT games form time to time.

Because I don't want to cheat to win, I want to play the game properly. If the games economy only works because you cheat to earn Cr faster than normal then it's broken.

Honestly (As crazy as I am about to sound), I don't mind having the 20,000,000 cars. If anything, what I do mind is the way you can earn money to get said cars (An issue GTS severely had). If GT7 has a solid economy mixed with GT Sports daily Mileage as well as GT6's login bonus and seasonal challenges (Along with solid payouts from the Simulation mode races), I think the grind would be far less of a hassle to get the expensive cars.

there is nothing wrong with the game economy

As someone who has spent a massive of chunk of time on this game (Even through balancing school as well as having to live with the unfathomable pain that is Psoriatic Arthritis) and managed to get all of the expensive cars, I can say for sure this game's economy is beyond terrible. It combines the idiotic 20 million credit cap from GT5 with an even worse payout (And don't even bother trying to make up the difference with selling cars because even if they have 0 miles, the amount you'll get in comparison to how much you payed in credits is just laughable).

The only reason I even put up with this nonsensical mess is because I love classic Race cars (Something that is not a guarantee with a majority of the fanbase) so it if meant spending tons of time doing BMB until my eyes bled (With no rubber bands mind you) before the Le Mans race came, so be it.

Even with that ludicrous amount of dedication, it hasn't blinded me to how broken the economy in GTS is and it's even funnier how here we are years and the same person from the GT5 days is still here accusing people of not playing the game like he wants to, only now he does so while not even doing it himself and even throws in full support behind an atrocious use of Microtransactions. This is the sort of madness that is only rivaled by Elizabeth Holmes and Donald Trump in sheer absurdity.

Last edited:
Because I don't want to cheat to win, I want to play the game properly. If the games economy only works because you cheat to earn Cr faster than normal then it's broken.
Listen the credit system is not broken in GT Sport and it is the player that is the problem, because he/she can not spend a lot of time playing. I have a disability and I can play the game when I want using my wheel and that is where I get credits.
If you really think about it, the more you play the more credits you will get for winning races.

This is where the problem lies is with the player that spendn a lot less time playing GT Sport, and then blames the game because they think the credit system is broken, well why did you buy the game in the first place for if you have not got the time to play it :crazy:.

Honestly (As crazy as I am about to sound), I don't mind having the 20,000,000 cars. If anything, what I do mind is the way you can earn money to get said cars (An issue GTS severely had). If GT7 has a solid economy mixed with GT Sports daily Mileage as well as GT6's login bonus and seasonal challenges (Along with solid payouts from the Simulation mode races), I think the grind would be far less of a hassle to get the expensive cars.
But if the cars are too easy to obtain, they'll lose their status as unicorns. I don't want GT7 to go down the same route as Forza when it comes to money and rewards.

Listen the credit system is not broken in GT Sport and it is the player that is the problem, because he/she can not spend a lot of time playing. I have a disability and I can play the game when I want using my wheel and that is where I get credits.
If you really think about it, the more you play the more credits you will get for winning races.

This is where the problem lies is with the player that spendn a lot less time playing GT Sport, and then blames the game because they think the credit system is broken, well why did you buy the game in the first place for if you have not got the time to play it :crazy:.

Give us a straight answer. Why did you buy microtransaction cars on the store that give you instant access to them?

Just to make sure you actually read the post you quoted:
I have no problem affording the most expensive cars in GT1, GT2, GT3 or GT4 on the amount of time I dedicate to gaming. Yes I do still play the older GT games form time to time.

If your only argument is "play the game more" then that's not a very good argument is it. The issue isn't that it's not physically possible to afford these cars, the issue is the amount of time it takes. Like I said before (but you ignored), I have no problem given the time I spend gaming, getting hold of the fastest and most expensive cars in GT1, GT2, GT3 or GT4. However there has been a huge shift in the in game economies since those earlier titles and that is the problem I have with the economy in GT Sport.

You haven't provided a single valid point to counter this, you just keep repeating the same asinine line of "play the game more and you earn more Cr", well yes, of course you do, but that's the case in any game where you play to earn in game currency. That doesn't validate the economy as not being broken.

Last edited:
But if the cars are too easy to obtain, they'll lose their status as unicorns. I don't want GT7 to go down the same route as Forza when it comes to money and rewards.

There's a way to make attaining certain cars harder without making the economy abit of a joke. There seems to be this confusion that making a Grind an unnecessary slog is how to make a game harder (Something many developers are making a mistake with as well).

A broken or awful system that forces a tedious grind does not equal "Difficulty", it means the game has an awful system (in some cases, on purpose specifically to force the player to open their wallet just to get through the game). I understand the argument but having both experianced games where it got boring real quick because it was hardly a Challenge and games where progression was mostly behind a paywall, I think there is a misconception that needs to be sorted.

Never read any of the other comments besides OP. Honestly, I don't mind working up to high-value cars if it was actually fun. I don't wanna spend 10 hours on that Monza track at Gr. 1 with a Tomahawk going around the same track over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. What would be fun—hopefully—is to either have daily events that give high-rewards. Or maybe daily events where you can recreate events from history. For example, if you use the correct car for the race for instance, recreating a Le Mans race with classic cars. Sure you can bring a 1967 Shelby GT500 or a Alpine A110, or even a Daytona cobra and get the regular high-payout from the daily event, but if you bring a Chaparral 2D, GT40, Ferrari P4, or Mirage M1. Cars that were appropriate for that race and were there for that race, you get an extra bonus for historical accuracy. That way, not only is GT7 rewarding you for a daily event, they reward you for collecting cars and using different cars while also fulfilling that fetish of theirs about history.

The meaning of all these driving games is the joy of the driving ALL of those cars (race or road) that in real life will never driven by you..... To have some unicorn cars in the games that WILL NOT GET THEM easy is waste of data for me....

The game economy is totally broken. Its not skill based. The only thing resembling a decent payout for a skill based task is the Lewis Hamilton DLC which you have to pay for.

In Gran Turismo 2 it took half an hour of winning the right event to afford the most expensive car, I think thats the right amount of time.

The fact that I could, within a week, equal the credits earned from 1900 sport mode races and 100 GT league races by purchasing DLC, is insulting.
I don't even look at the 20 million credit cars. They simply don't exist for me so no frustration. I'm worried about the game design of GT7. Sure classic cars should be expensive but please I'd like to unlock them thanks to an endurance race or a long championship or even a Sport mode event.
They want us to play Sport mode? Let me win one of those cars via Sport mode challenges.

I don't even look at the 20 million credit cars. They simply don't exist for me so no frustration. I'm worried about the game design of GT7. Sure classic cars should be expensive but please I'd like to unlock them thanks to an endurance race or a long championship or even a Sport mode event.
They want us to play Sport mode? Let me win one of those cars via Sport mode challenges.
That would make for a good challenge. Complete three races with CRB and be gifted a Group higher than what you're racing. Racing a Gr.4 car, win a Gr.3, racing GR.3, win GR.2. Race GR.1, win a Gr.X. Whatever.

A good way to collect all cars. Receiving a different car after each goal.

That would make for a good challenge. Complete three races with CRB and be gifted a Group higher than what you're racing. Racing a Gr.4 car, win a Gr.3, racing GR.3, win GR.2. Race GR.1, win a Gr.X. Whatever.

A good way to collect all cars. Receiving a different car after each goal.
This is Polyphony Digital: Yaris championship => win a Yaris.

Back