Green Day

Green+Day.jpg

http://www.greenday.com

Nominated by driftking18594​

Origins: Esat Bay, California, USA
Genre(s): Punk Rock, Pop Punk, Alternative Rock
Years Active: 1987-Present
Label(s): Lookout!, Reprise

Never liked 'em, or anything they've done.. kind of sounds as appealing as a power drill to me.. I gather they are quite popular though, and I'm sure they've won lots of awards and stuff, just not my cup of tea.

Unlike many, I appreciate pop music. It's almost like if you like music and if pop is one of the genre you like, you get frowned upon.

Green Day may not be "all-time" from the rock standpoint alone, but I feel some of their songs were outstanding in the area somewhere between pop & rock. I still love "Basket Case".

Edit: Green Day to me are these, by the way:

Makes me want to hear some Goldfinger & Reel Big Fish again. :lol:

Last edited:
Went with good, not really a fan of their newer stuff, but their older stuff is rather good.

I may have been a little bit drastic with my choice of taking up a new profession, but I was judging based on their newer stuff. The 'I do not like them' would have been more appropriate. Still, I was never really a fan of them.

I kinda like them, but they're not really my favorites. Good but not HOF.

Whenever somebody says "Green Day", 21 Guns would be the first things that would get into my mind. That song is quite decent too IMO.

It's almost like if you like music and if pop is one of the genre you like, you get frowned upon.
Tell me about it :lol:

I do enjoy me some Green Day - not much of a fan of the 21st Century Breakdown album though (I like American Idiot a lot more). They've been around since the dinosaurs and have released a million albums yet are still relevant in 2011; they could release a new single right now and it would still get significant airplay on the radio and TV. That's a very impressive achievement IMO, not many bands from the late 80s could lay claim to being popular well over two decades later.

However... they're not HoF. They almost are, but not quite - I'm not sure if I'd feel completely comfortable putting them in the same group as the likes of Metallica, AC/DC, Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen etc. Something about it just seems wrong.

Also, I challenge people to not like this song:

One of my favourite songs from the 00s 👍

It's good that you used Homecoming for a song on the first post, because that is the only song I only ever listen to.

I much prefer The Living End, because they are just better in all aspects, just not as big

Also, I challenge people to not like this song:

The song isn't bad, but the video is a big waste of time. There is no message behind it, and it seems to me that they only made it to cash in on the war at the time. It pulls heart strings, but doesn't even say where Green Day stand on the issue. 👎

I said Good, but not HOF worthy. They went from a decent band, to a rebel without a cause/emo pop group aimed at the 13 year olds of America.

I think these guys deserve HoF. I love them. Definitely the best live band I've seen. Their show was so much more than just being about the music. They had a laugh with the audience and kept doing different things, it was brilliant.

Also, Dookie is one of my all time favourite albums. Not too keen on their newer stuff... There are a few tracks of 21st Century Breakdown that are good, but I much prefer their older stuff.

Just listen to 'Homecoming' and 'Jesus Of Suburbia' from American Idiot and you'll see why I think they're HOF.

In fact both American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown are brilliant albums.

I used to like these guys, but 21st Century Breakdown was a dreadful album. Looking back across their collection I'd say that Dookie was the best, the rest was pretty average.

Definitely not HoF in my books.

You can put me down as good, though pretty much only for Dookie.

I think pretty much everything else they did was garbage, but Dookie was a really good pop-punk album for its day...and it comes with a lot of memories for me.

If it weren't for Dookie, I'd probably encourage them to take up a new profession.

they are at the bottom of my music list. At the VERY bottom. I cannot stand a single song ever made by these guys.

Latest Posts

Back