Radiohead-2011.jpg

[YouTube]68hwLd2f3is[/YouTube][YouTube]MIpwuG-us6k[/YouTube]

http://www.radiohead.com

Nominated by F1GTR​

Origins: Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
Genre(s): Alternative Rock, Electronic Music, Experimental Rock
Years Active: 1985-present
Label(s): XL, TBD, Parlophone, Capital

They're definitely HoF material. They revolutionized the electronic rock genre. They even revolutionized the way CDs are released with their concept behind releasing In Rainbows by asking fans to pay only what they thought the music was worth.

^ What he said.

They've had some hits, but none are really timeless classics except for "Creep".

Definitely Hall of Fame for me. I can't think of any other band that has managed to reinvent themselves so successfully album to album, and they've influenced loads of great bands from the noughties too.

They're a band that I say would transcend many generations. Huge fan of their stuff. My favorite in particular has got to be their album 'OK Computer'.

If bands like Scorpions, Meshuggah, and G&R make the HOF but Radiohead doesn't...I'll be done with this music wall.

Besides Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, this is the most HOF worthy band yet in my opinion.

They don't need hit singles to make an impact, as they're only properly listened to through a full album. I can't say I'm as big of a fan of their latest two albums, but The Bends, Ok Computer, Amnesiac, and Kid A are all masterpieces in their own way.

I voted for Hall of Fame.

It seems that Radiohead are more happy when they aren't successful. After Creep became a mega hit. They stopped playing it live, and they didn't play it for a long time after that.

If bands like Scorpions, Meshuggah, and G&R make the HOF but Radiohead doesn't...I'll be done with this music wall.

I agree with you on this. But of course I can't be done with the Cool Wall, since I run it. It seems like everything that gets polled on here gets HoF or at least good.

Alt Rock is about as much a fad as Metal...

What are you getting at? Technically everything is a fad. You are taking this personal, Rossticles was saying that they aren't a 90's alt rock band because they've released more in the past decade. But they started in the 90's along with the thousands of other Alt/Grunge what ever you want to call it bands of the 1990's. Sure there are plenty of metal fads (70's NWOBHM, 80's Thrash, 90's NWOAMH, 2000's Metalcore etc..)

I'm not making any jabs at Alt Rock bands but there is an overwhelming number of boring ones and to me this is one of them.

Last edited:
What are you getting at? Technically everything is a fad. You are taking this personal, Rossticles was saying that they aren't a 90's alt rock band because they've released more in the past decade. But they started in the 90's along with the thousands of other Alt/Grunge what ever you want to call it bands of the 1990's. Sure there are plenty of metal fads (70's NWOBHM, 80's Trash, 90's NWOAMH, 2000's Metalcore etc..)

I'm not making any jabs at Alt Rock bands but there is an overwhelming number of boring ones and to me this is one of them.

Not taking this personally. A fad is a short lived popularity. Alt Rock has been around in one form or another since the early 80's. At this point, it's here to stay. Same with metal.

And they started in the 80's. ;)

Haha, alternative rock. Labels are so stupid, and radiohead is anything but generic. I'm not seeing it as much in their newest releases like I said, but this is a band that has constantly reinvented their sound. You may not like them, but there's nothing boring about it.

The way I look at it
Bends - Acousticy type lighter rock...not this song though

OK Computer - rock with a little electronic thrown in

Kid A - Electronic/Rock emphasis on electronic

Amnesiac - same

then Hail to the thief mixes it all together

yawn

I agree with you on this. But of course I can't be done with the Cool Wall, since I run it. It seems like everything that gets polled on here gets HoF or at least good.

Can't blame you there, I just like to complain sometimes. :)

Last edited:
The biggest problem I have with Radiohead is the singing. And like most rock bands the vocals are so dominant and it sounds like hes half sleep in every song.

The biggest problem I have with Radiohead is the singing. And like most rock bands the vocals are so dominant and it sounds like hes half sleep in every song.

funnily enough, I actually REALLY love Thom's vocal work. it's a much different approach than most other singers. he approaches it a bit more like a background keyboard, or something. really neat effect. but yea, these guys are definitely hall of famers...I mean, OK Computer and Kid A.....my god, when those albums came out, there was NOTHING on the mainstream radio that sounded ANYTHING like those, and it STILL worked! Kid A was basically something out of the electronic avant-garde underground, and it was in the mainstream media...whut????? yea, these guys are hall of famers, for sure. they opened me up to a whole other world of music, as well.

I can understand the Scorpions and G&R making the HoF, but Meshuggah? Seriously? Aren't you forgetting that at one point, GnR was one of the biggest bands in the world, if not the biggest? Point is, we all have opinions. If you're so narrow minded that you can not accept everyone else's opinion, then bon voyage to you. You won't be missed.

Max Powers
Besides Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, this is the most HOF worthy band yet in my opinion.

If you really think Radiohead are up there with Zeppelin and Floyd, you must have "liberated" some drugs from one of those bands. You're talking about two of the best bands in history. Radiohead just don't sit alongside imo. Good, but not great.

Max Powers
They don't need hit singles to make an impact, as they're only properly listened to through a full album. I can't say I'm as big of a fan of their latest two albums, but The Bends, Ok Computer, Amnesiac, and Kid A are all masterpieces in their own way.
So you can't say you're a fan of their last two albums, yet you'd happily list them up there with Artists like Led Zeppelin?

You've definately been smoking something... People have their own opinions. If you're too oversensitive that you need other people to validate your own opinion, perhaps you shouldn't be on a forum. This reminds me of the U2 poll. I gave my reason's for not liking them, then everyone reacted like I just kicked a puppy. The whole point of this poll is to find out everyones opinion, so don't get too sensitive when you find out that not everyone wants to suck your favourite artist's D***.

Prosthetic
Sure there are plenty of metal fads (70's NWOBHM, 80's Trash, 90's NWOAMH, 2000's Metalcore etc..)

You mean thrash, or were you just stating your opinion on the genre? :sly:

Prosthetic

+1.

I can understand the Scorpions and G&R making the HoF, but Meshuggah? Seriously? Aren't you forgetting that at one point, GnR was one of the biggest bands in the world, if not the biggest? Point is, we all have opinions. If you're so narrow minded that you can not accept everyone else's opinion, then bon voyage to you. You won't be missed.

If you really think Radiohead are up there with Zeppelin and Floyd, you must have "liberated" some drugs from one of those bands. You're talking about two of the best bands in history. Radiohead just don't sit alongside imo. Good, but not great.

So you can't say you're a fan of their last two albums, yet you'd happily list them up there with Artists like Led Zeppelin?

You've definately been smoking something... People have their own opinions. If you're too oversensitive that you need other people to validate your own opinion, perhaps you shouldn't be on a forum. This reminds me of the U2 poll. I gave my reason's for not liking them, then everyone reacted like I just kicked a puppy. The whole point of this poll is to find out everyones opinion, so don't get too sensitive when you find out that not everyone wants to suck your favourite artist's D***.

Hahaha what a rant.

Sorry I was so busy sucking a band's collective dick (however that works)

Also, who said I had a problem with other people's opinions? Comments were made about a band that I like (they're not even my favorite), and I chose to use the band's music to back up my point as to why I think they're deserving of a Hall of Fame spot.

Musical taste is completely subjective, so if I think radiohead is up there with Zeppelin and Floyd, how can you objectively say I'm wrong? Also you may want to read more carefully, since I never made that claim to begin with. I simply said that besides Zeppelin and Floyd, this was the most HOF worthy band nominated yet in my...wait for it...opinion

The funniest part of your whole tantrum is how you criticize me for not respecting other people's opinions, even though in the previous sentence you tell me I'm high for having my opinion on the matter (which, again, you didn't even take the time to read it thoroughly). Pot calling the kettle black?

What does liking every album have to do with it either? I don't think there's a single band where I love every album by them, whether its the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, CCR, whatever. That doesn't mean they're not deserving of my Hall of Fame vote.

As for oversensitivity, look in the mirror pal. I'm not the one teeing off on somebody for liking a band. Check your attitude at the door next time.

Last edited:
Max Powers
Hahaha what a rant.

Sorry I was so busy sucking a band's collective dick (however that works)

Also, who said I had a problem with other people's opinions? Comments were made about a band that I like (they're not even my favorite), and I chose to use the band's music to back up my point as to why I think they're deserving of a Hall of Fame spot.

Musical taste is completely subjective, so if I think radiohead is up there with Zeppelin and Floyd, how can you objectively say I'm wrong? Also you may want to read more carefully, since I never made that claim to begin with. I simply said that besides Zeppelin and Floyd, this was the most HOF worthy band nominated yet in my...wait for it...opinion

The funniest part of your whole tantrum is how you criticize me for not respecting other people's opinions, even though in the previous sentence you tell me I'm high for having my opinion on the matter (which, again, you didn't even take the time to read it thoroughly). Pot calling the kettle black?

What does liking every album have to do with it either? I don't think there's a single band where I love every album by them, whether its the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, CCR, whatever. That doesn't mean they're not deserving of my Hall of Fame vote.

As for oversensitivity, look in the mirror pal. I'm not the one teeing off on somebody for liking a band. Check your attitude at the door next time.

Maybe it had something to do with you spitting your dummy out because a few people said good but not hof.

A solid "meh".

A decent sounding group (musical wise) from the alternative scene.However,on the vocal side of things,this guys voice just does not cut it (imo).

I think they'll be held in a similar regard as PF and LZ in the future. There are lots of parallels to be drawn between them - all three bands loved to fuse different genres into their work, all there were/are ahead of the curve in terms of what each album brought to the table at the time. OK Computer is regarded as one of the best of its decade, and so is Kid A. Radiohead have the critical and public reception that will ensure that in the future, someone not unlike yourself in a thread not unlike this one will say "You're ranking X with Radiohead and Y, u high bro?!"

He said he isn't as much of a fan. I'm not either, but it isn't because they're bad, it's because the OKC/Kid A/Amnesiac are simply amazing. Same thing goes with LZ and PF - I like their later stuff, but the 'magic' that was there in the early/middle part of their careers isn't as strong.

Back