[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a man, he is obviously not neutral, but that doesn't mean that, as a president, he can't act with the level of integrity that he proved over the years, and that few leaders across the planet had, have and will ever have.
Here’s what happened … You had a video that was released by somebody who lives here, sort of a shadowy character who — who made an extremely offensive video directed at — at Mohammed and Islam … making fun of the Prophet Muhammad. And so, this caused great offense in much of the Muslim world. But what also happened, extremists and terrorists used this as an excuse to attack a variety of our embassies, including the one, the consulate in Libya,
As president, I will close the detention facility in Guantanamo
Lobbyists will not work in my White House

And yet, it does. Even in Australia, where religion probably isn't as prominent as in other countries - Julia Gillard was a self-confessed atheist, and deeply unpopular for it (and also because of the way she took power, and also because she was a woman); following her dismissal from office, a lot of people thought that she was untrustworthy because of her atheism.

That said, one of her successors - Tony Abbott - kept trying to invoke Christian values (he once said "Jesus would have been anti-immigration"), and he was even more unpopular.
In other words, some group of citizens will always be outraged about something whether you're atheist, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Aboriginal, White, Black or just about anything else.

Donna Brazile removed from CNN after learning she sent campaign questions. CNN denies any involvement, but "completely uncomfortable" with her actions.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/31/media/donna-brazile-cnn-resignation/index.html

And President Obama stating he does not believe Comey is trying to influence the election.

http://time.com/4551972/hillary-clinton-emails-fbi-barack-obama-james-comey/?xid=homepage

CNN & Obama have been repeatedly called strong Hillary supporters, so some have taken this as a sign of easing away from her campaign & taking a more neutral stance after the re-opening.

Whoa wait...this is the same Donna Brazile that after the third debate made claims on FOX that the DNC video and email were doctored and most likely not true as a defense to top people being fired or quitting before chance of being fired. Same Donna Brazile that denounced the initial claim someone from in the DNC sent Clinton & Co. questions to boost her debate potential...

Now this comes out and seems to link both, please make it stop!!!
So, my SecretAgentZero 2016 Presidential Election Center Extravaganza Sponsored By Rockstar Energy and Mountain Dew is gonna be fun.

Make sure you wear one of those hats with to drink both at the same time. Then you're really doing it right! Kind of seriousness this elegant event known as the "2016 Presidential Election" deserves.

hcdeAm2.png

Can you imagine?

Trump's camp, for the time being, is clear of any connection to Russia despite recent allegations from the Democrats that are likely, nothing more than an upset response to Comey.

http://archive.is/Gyf2m
NYTimes
For much of the summer, the F.B.I. pursued a widening investigation into a Russian role in the American presidential campaign. Agents scrutinized advisers close to Donald J. Trump, looked for financial connections with Russian financial figures, searched for those involved in hacking the computers of Democrats, and even chased a lead — which they ultimately came to doubt — about a possible secret channel of email communication from the Trump Organization to a Russian bank.
Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.
“It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisers, and the Russian government — a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States, which Trump praises at every opportunity,” Mr. Reid wrote. “The public has a right to know this information.”

F.B.I. officials declined to comment on Monday. Intelligence officials have said in interviews over the last six weeks that apparent connections between some of Mr. Trump’s aides and Moscow originally compelled them to open a broad investigation into possible links between the Russian government and the Republican presidential candidate. Still, they have said that Mr. Trump himself has not become a target. And no evidence has emerged that would link him or anyone else in his business or political circle directly to Russia’s election operations.
The most serious part of the F.B.I.’s investigation has focused on the computer hacks that the Obama administration now formally blames on Russia. That investigation also involves numerous officials from the intelligence agencies. Investigators, the officials said, have become increasingly confident, based on the evidence they have uncovered, that Russia’s direct goal is not to support the election of Mr. Trump, as many Democrats have asserted, but rather to disrupt the integrity of the political system and undermine America’s standing in the world more broadly.

The hacking, they said, reflected an intensification of spy-versus-spy operations that never entirely abated after the Cold War but that have become more aggressive in recent years as relations with Mr. Putin’s Russia have soured.

CNN & Obama have been repeatedly called strong Hillary supporters, so some have taken this as a sign of easing away from her campaign & taking a more neutral stance after the re-opening
That sounds more like those some are reading what they want to into it.

The Democrats are going after Trump in the courts:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...imidation-in-4-states/7982406?section=science

They claim that Trump imploring people to monitor voting for signs of tampering has led to voters being intimidated and a concentrated effort to suppress voting, particularly in urban areas with high populations of minority groups.
Obama decided 8 years ago it's ok to stand outside a polling station with a billy club and ask for I.D. while dressed in an intimidating fashion and shouting racial epithets, so just about anything goes at this point I'm afraid.
upload_2016-11-1_8-31-21.jpeg

Interesting post in my facebook feed this morning.

Good night folks... I will leave you with this interesting observation.

In reviewing the latest polling by state on http://www.electoral-vote.com/, which gives you a nice snapshot of the current expectations of state voting, I went to the actual state poll averages list here: http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2016/Pres/averages.html.

Looking at the states voting for Trump I noticed a few that I regard as having... challenged education systems. So I figured just for interest sake I would compare the voting per state for the GOP, versus the level of educational attainment, the numbers for which I used from here:https://en.wikipedia.org/…/List_of_U.S._states_by_education…

I've added a picture of the resulting chart, ordered by GOP vote (high to low), and the final column is educational attainment. See if you can spot a general trend.

14910427_10155499743338009_2702889614301035036_n.jpg

It's pretty obvious, no?

Either way, I personally thought it was interesting and thought I would share. Bicker amongst yourselves over it's accuracy.
I want to know why you think it's interesting and what you think it means.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-1_19-13-13.png
    upload_2016-11-1_19-13-13.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 28
  • upload_2016-11-1_19-13-33.png
    upload_2016-11-1_19-13-33.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 27
  • upload_2016-11-1_19-14-10.png
    upload_2016-11-1_19-14-10.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 26
  • upload_2016-11-1_19-14-24.png
    upload_2016-11-1_19-14-24.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 27
What are you on about?
Well it's obvious what your alluding to, More Education = Democrat.

Just pointing out Education doesn't equal intellect(even though I would say the average Trump supporter would be quite a few IQ Down in comparison).

That's pretty obvious too, no? I feel like I'm having to point something out to a toddler so they understand.

What are you on about?
If you have to resort to insults, I guess that pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Well it's obvious what your alluding to, More Education = Democrat.

Just pointing out Education doesn't equal intellect(even though I would say the average Trump supporter would be quite a few IQ Down in comparison).
See, this is why I asked. The inference seems obvious but when you point it out as you did, the response is, "what are you on about?". Seems like a gotcha type of question now.

The facebook graph doesn't really say much, the guy would have been better off averaging the numbers of education attainment between the two and then showing all results. At least then you'd have something that gives a baseline reality to say one way or the other than education plays a factor.

As far as I'm concerned anyone that relies on the news despite their education needs a bit of help in figuring out what Presidential candidate is right for them. Doesn't take a Harvard Law degree to sort this crap out.

Just because you say something loudly and frequently, that doesn't make it true.
Kind of like shouting racism or xenophobia every time a person of a different colour or culture is involved in a situation.

See, this is why I asked. The inference seems obvious but when you point it out as you did, the response is, "what are you on about?". Seems like a gotcha type of question now.

There's nothing "gotcha" about @R1600Turbo's post, @mustafur's attempt to dismiss the whole thing via snark and sarcasm notwithstanding.

The inference is as obvious as it seems, no need to fret about it.

--

The facebook graph doesn't really say much, the guy would have been better off averaging the numbers of education attainment between the two and then showing all results

I'd agree that absolute numbers would provide a more valid picture, but to say there's no validity at all seems a bit of a stretch. Fifty states is more than enough to safely say that the correlation shown isn't mere coincidence.

I'd agree that absolute numbers would provide a more valid picture, but to say there's no validity at all seems a bit of a stretch. Fifty states is more than enough to safely say that the correlation shown isn't mere coincidence.

Who said there wasn't validity, other than others I guess, my post has nothing to do with them. My point is that if you do a baseline from which all numbers fall into an average you'll get an idea of who votes for what. But the the next question is what is the actual attainment (haven't read the wiki the person used)? I'd assume it's what it takes to get a basic high school diploma but that seems far too simple in rating the educational understanding of a Clinton or Trump voter. Who we know many of which have college degrees of some kind and that's where it gets a bit murky.

EDIT: Also using that as the only source while a good start, does have problems now that I took time to look at it. The stats are taken in a census setting but since legal immigration status isn't of concern there is going to be an error with the data when used for potential voters to group a or b. Since if illegal wouldn't be able to vote. Second there are 3 numbers he could have used, I haven't tried matching them but they are: High School education, Bachelors, and Advanced (masters or Phd). Problem is there is no junior college thus associates or even technical degree/certs that tend to take a couple of years. Those people are more educated then high school grads by default. So really it's a very simplistic item set. He could have made three columns with respect to all three rankings a state gets for each category of education. That would have helped more.

EDIT 2: So now I've compared about 12 states with the Wikia source he used, and I see he's strictly using advanced degrees held. Which is already quite faulty cause the margin of people who hold one is very narrow. And will obviously show an age old divide in politics that this and other developed nations have, a blue and white collar divide.

Last edited:
This whole 'we're educated so we know better and if you vote right wing you're basically an uneducated xenophobe idiot', is a presumption i see a lot with liberals in Europe too. Illusions of owning the moral high ground is what it is. Like the left wing won't have the exact same amount of idiots supporting their cause. :lol:

It reeks of them secretly wishing they could alter democracy, so the plebs could be prevented from having influence on the decision making process. Democracy is fine as long as you don't vote for the wrong party, "because then we need to get violent and hateful against these hate mongers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back