Post pics of your PS3 setup!

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 351 comments
Yes, it does. My laps times are improving. You can actually *see* where you're going.

Completely OT (and not trying to hijack the thread) -

C'est Moi - Did I miss the thread with the scans of the drawings on your wall ?..

C'est Moi - Did I miss the thread with the scans of the drawings on your wall ?..
off topic as well. I don't know what you mean exactly. Which thread?

Yes, it does. My laps times are improving. You can actually *see* where you're going...
...and watching the replays is 👍

:)

You have the exact same 'cockpit' that i have! :dopey:
It isn't fancy, and you don't dare set a drink on it while playing, but it gets the job done. Plus, it's portable if you are going to a friend's house and they don't have anything to clamp it on to.

Pic I took a week or two ago suits this thread.

picture0011gx0.jpg

off topic as well. I don't know what you mean exactly. Which thread?
:)
That's what I was asking - Is there a thread which includes scans of the drawings on your wall ;-)

And if not, please please make one !....

Scaff has finally gone all HD.

My old set-up was this…

image021yk4.jpg

…27” Sony Wega, with an out-of-the-box Sony 5.1 system. Now it wasn’t bad, but its been getting a bit long in the tooth and since getting the PS3 the need to go HD has been growing. So with my wife’s full blessing (in fact she told me to go and upgrade), we now have the following.

BTW – Please ignore the horriable gas fire and carpet in these shots, we haven’t yet finished in the living room and the gas fire is coming out and the carpet is to be changed.

dsc03066yi2.jpg

dsc03067fo9.jpg

dsc03074bf6.jpg
dsc03070yr3.jpg

dsc03068iq6.jpg

Sony 40” KDL40W2000 Bravia LCD
Black Glass Stand
Sony STR DG710 6.1 Amp
Monitor Audio Radius 45 Cubes x 4 (Front and rears on dedicated stands – in piano black)
Monitor Audio Radius 180
Centre Speaker (piano black)
Monitor Audio Radius 720 Subwoofer (250 watts – Mmmmmmm)

And carried over from my old stuff

Sony PS3 (60gig with 250 gig external drive)
Sky + Box
Sony RDR-GX3 DVD Recorder

Got this lot set-up on Friday and have spent most of the weekend adjusting it and playing with the set-up (as I am sure to do over the next weeks/months).

The rugby last night was a treat to watch on it as well.

👍

Scaff

👍 ...

... but where do you sit down when you're playing?

On one of two big (cream) leather sofas, the back of one can be seen in the shot of the sub-woofer and the rear of the R45 rear speaker.

Scaff

Nice, Scaff. Full 1080p. How much was that tv, if you dont mind me asking?

The TV was £1,100 (around $2,200).

Yep the full 1080P and boy does it look good, have been busy revisiting every single one of my PS3 games and demos, along with putting the PS3's DVD upscaller and Blu-ray player to good use.

Scaff

The TV was £1,100 (around $2,200).

Yep the full 1080P and boy does it look good, have been busy revisiting every single one of my PS3 games and demos, along with putting the PS3's DVD upscaller and Blu-ray player to good use.

Scaff

While it is a very very nice tv, why spend so much money on that one, when you could get a 42 inch sharp aquos for almost a thousand less? And still 10,000:1 contrast ratio and full 1080p? I guess Im really just asking, Why are sony tv's so expensive? is it the bravia engine?

Andi just upgraded to an hdtv as well, and I did the same thing, I had to play every game I have over again to see the difference, and it was apparent.

While it is a very very nice tv, why spend so much money on that one, when you could get a 42 inch sharp aquos for almost a thousand less? And still 10,000:1 contrast ratio and full 1080p? I guess Im really just asking, Why are sony tv's so expensive? is it the bravia engine?

Andi just upgraded to an hdtv as well, and I did the same thing, I had to play every game I have over again to see the difference, and it was apparent.

I did look at the Sharp (along with Panasonic and Samsung) and I defiantly preferred the picture on the Sony. Skin tones looked a lot more natural and the final one for me was faster moving images, which blurred significantly less on the Sony.

Keep in mind that TVs are also more expensive over here in the UK, with a Sharp LC-42XD1E going for £1,200 ($2,400) retail, given that the price I paid for the Sony (in the UK) was not bad at all.

Regards

Scaff

Oh that makes a lot more sense then. And yea, I agree, Sony is pretty much the top brand with picture quality in my opinion, its the price that Im not fond of. But that definitely makes more sense, anyways, aren't you loving the PS3 even more now? I know I am on my 720p.

Oh that makes a lot more sense then. And yea, I agree, Sony is pretty much the top brand with picture quality in my opinion, its the price that Im not fond of. But that definitely makes more sense, anyways, aren't you loving the PS3 even more now? I know I am on my 720p.

One of the reasons I held off for so long on going HD was for the 1080p to get to a reasonable price for a good set, just over a grand (£) for the Sony was kind of what I had budgeted for.

In regard to loving my games and PS3 more now, without a doubt that's the case; and not just the obvious jump in picture and sound quality. I honestly struggle to think how I played Warhawk in the past, now I can actually read the menus and the on-screen map is now actually useful.

👍

Scaff

Nice set-up Scaff. What do you think of the KDL40W2000? - i've had my eye on one for a while, i think they've just replaced it in the line-up so they seem to be dropping in price.

Nice set-up Scaff. What do you think of the KDL40W2000? - i've had my eye on one for a while, i think they've just replaced it in the line-up so they seem to be dropping in price.

Well worth the money in my opinion, you are right the KDL40W2000 has just (as in last week) been replaced by the KDL40W3000, hence the reason it was a bit cheaper than normal and you should be able to pick them up for around a £1,000 for the next few months.

The overall picture quality is stunning, with a good contrast, depth of colours (skin tones in particular look very good - a big 'must' for me) and it handles fast moving images very, very well.

The replacement, KDL40W3000, adds an extra HDMI socket (to take it to 3), 24p full cinema (for better handling of moving images) and a slight upgrade to the Bravia engine. The extra £500 or so is a big price increase for the gains and overall you would be better putting that amount towards a good home cinema set-up.

Regards

Scaff

Well worth the money in my opinion, you are right the KDL40W2000 has just (as in last week) been replaced by the KDL40W3000, hence the reason it was a bit cheaper than normal and you should be able to pick them up for around a £1,000 for the next few months.

£815!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...i can see an early Xmas present coming on :sly:

In regard to loving my games and PS3 more now, without a doubt that's the case; and not just the obvious jump in picture and sound quality. I honestly struggle to think how I played Warhawk in the past, now I can actually read the menus and the on-screen map is now actually useful.

👍

Scaff

Wow, I couldnt agree with you more. The game that benefits from hdtv the most out of my library is Warhawk. I am seeing so many more things that went un-noticed before. I am actually making use of the radar, and i can read my statistics. Not to mention, that game looks awesome in HD. The lighting is just awesome.

£815!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...i can see an early Xmas present coming on :sly:

That is impressive. And that site appears to ship to Australia too. I just did an online quote and it would cost me £693 (No VAT) + shipping to get it here. At the current exchange rate that's only ~1500$AUD, and the equivalent model here is $3500. Would there be any problems in buying a TV from overseas? Even if I had to pay £250+ to ship it here it would still be significantly cheaper.

Would there be any problems in buying a TV from overseas? Even if I had to pay £250+ to ship it here it would still be significantly cheaper.

Seing as you also have PAL in Australia it would probably work - although i guess you may need a transformer for the power supply.

Would you want to risk having something with such a large glass screen shipped halfway round the world?

Here is mine; minus wife and kids.

Attachments

• IMG0316.JPG
    IMG0316.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG0329.JPG
    IMG0329.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG0314.JPG
    IMG0314.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG0321.JPG
    IMG0321.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 41
OK made a change to my set-up.

The sub was giving me a few problems with its auto-off function, in that it would shut itself off at times when little bass was present, not a good situation.

Fortunately I always get all my kit (home cinema and hi-fi) from a friends shop, so I have added slightly to the overall price and changed the Sub. We now have a Monitor Audio Bronze Reference BRW-10, may not look as pretty as the last one and in theory is less powerful (running a 150w integrated amp rather than 250w), however it has a much nicer sound to it and far more flexibility in set-up (and importantly the auto-off can be overridden).

dsc03080qu3.jpg

dsc03081tm8.jpg

dsc03082mb1.jpg

I'm sure this will not be the last 'upgrade' the system gets.

Regards

Scaff

I agree, Sony is pretty much the top brand with picture quality in my opinion

Check this link out, the Pioneer Elite Kuro 60" 1080p with true 24fps signal! Definately the top of the range...at a price unfortunately...$7,500.00!!! The main reasons I preffer plasme over LCD is because there is no motion blur, which can be found in even the best LCD's and LCD also takes longer to cool down.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/kuro/product/details/0,,2076_310069729_477134674,00.html

Back