PP Issue!

• Thread starter Cowboy1963
  • 36 comments
United States
United States
Okay, it is currently August 1st 2024 at 2am where I’m at…….Can somebody please tell me why several of the cars in my garage have suddenly LOST their PP 😲🫣🙄 Because now I can’t drive these cars in ANY race (not even custom race) My friend whom I was communicating with at the time that I discovered this was also playing GT7 and said that the same thing had happened to some of his cars. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, it is currently August 1st 2024 at 2am where I’m at…….Can somebody please tell me why several of the cars in my garage have suddenly LOST their PP 😲🫣🙄 Because now I can’t drive these cars in ANY race (not even custom race) My friend whom I was communicating with at the time that I discovered this was also playing GT7 and said that the same thing had happened to some of his cars. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Game updates that change the games underlying physics also change the PP of the cars to reflect the new simulated handling they are expected to have.

Wait for the bugfix update. Apparently it's not that easy. If it was, we already would have a bugfix.

Last edited:
Oooh, you don't want to lose your PP.
Okay, so what does that mean? These cars are now useless?
No. In their current state of tune, something about them breaks the physics simulation and a PP value cannot be calculated. Tweaking some of the values - probably in suspension setting - should bring them back into range and allow a PP value to be calculated.

Game updates that change the games underlying physics also change the PP of the cars to reflect the new simulated handling they are expected to have.

OP means some of his cars have lost ALL of their PP. That's why they aren't able to use them in custom races.

OP,

It's a glitch introduced with 1.49. The PP cannot be calculate on some cars if the suspension settings are just right. This makes the cars unusable in any race as far as I know. If you try drive it in time trial mode it may well have some very odd handling quirks.

Seems to mostly affect cars with engine swaps.

Try messing with the suspension settings. It might be possible to change some suspension settings until it calculates the PP, in which case the car will become usable again.

EDIT: Famine beat me to it and said it better too.

Last edited:
Wait for the bugfix update. Apparently it's not that easy. If it was, we already would have a bugfix.
So what you’re saying is, is that this is a side effect of the driving physics bug and it just took me this long to land on some cars that were affected by it?

Oooh, you don't want to lose your PP.

No. In their current state of tune, something about them breaks the physics simulation and a PP value cannot be calculated. Tweaking some of the values - probably in suspension setting - should bring them back into range and allow a PP value to be calculated.
Okay, I’ll give it a shot…….So far it only seems to be affecting my Plymouth super bird ‘70’s It shows PP followed by an exclamation ❗️ inside a triangle 🙄😑

OP means some of his cars have lost ALL of their PP. That's why they aren't able to use them in custom races.
I misread, yes, but there is already a thread about this.

suspension setting
I would be surprised, because this is not part of PP calculation.
The selection of suspension is, and any value other than those featured within suspension settings are.

So what you’re saying is, is that this is a side effect of the driving physics bug and it just took me this long to land on some cars that were affected by it?
Yes and no.
It is not related to the physics bug that launches cars like rockets, it was happening before the update already in some very edge cases.
It is related to a change in the physics engine related to how the tuning page is trying to simulate your cars performance (and this simulation already was bad right when the game was launched).
Either you can try figuring out small changes to your tune to make it useable again (like said before my post), or you can wait in the hopes of a fix (which may or may not come or bring the expected results).

I would be surprised, because this is not part of PP calculation.
But it is part of what's affecting the cars in... unusual ways.

If the car's performance cannot be simulated because it's firing up into the smegging sky, it'll return a PP error.

well here’s one thing I discovered……I tried changing anything/everything in the suspension with no results. I then changed the tires from racing soft back to the comfort mediums that were originally on the car when I bought it and the PP rating came back, but then when I put the RS back on it went right back to the exclamation ⚠️ again, so might be a tire issue? 🤔

Well whatever is going on here it is DEFINITELY a tire issue because regardless of what I do with any of the other settings on my car it won’t let me put anything higher than sports medium tires on and still retain the PP rating…….Any tires that I choose better than that just take it back to PP⚠️ 🙄😑 Guess I’ll just wait for the fix and hope that it works. But while I’m at it…..here’s a question……Why are they even still messing with the driving physics to begin with?!? I mean seriously, for as long as Gran Turismo has been around shouldn’t they have perfected it by now?!? Just saying…….🤔😳🤨

Last edited:
Well whatever is going on here it is DEFINITELY a tire issue because regardless of what I do with any of the other settings on my car it won’t let me put anything higher than sports medium tires on and still retain the PP rating…….Any tires that I choose better than that just take it back to PP⚠️ 🙄😑
What happens if you revert the suspension to the stock item?
But while I’m at it…..here’s a question……Why are they even still messing with the driving physics to begin with?!? I mean seriously, for as long as Gran Turismo has been around shouldn’t they have perfected it by now?!? Just saying…….🤔😳🤨
Perfecting things requires messing with them. If they don't get messed with, they don't get perfected.

With most of the cars, it's enough to adjust the aero settings to get them back into valid PP territory.

The most serious issue I've encountered is with the 2014 Corvette – requires removing the supercharger.

What happens if you revert the suspension to the stock item?

Perfecting things requires messing with them. If they don't get messed with, they don't get perfected.
To the first response, no I have not tried that yet but I will 👍 and to the second response……please don’t take this the wrong way but “spoken like a true politician” 😲🫣😂🤣😉 (personally I think they just keep messing with just to give their programmers something to do 😂😉)

Last edited:
As an additional thought, the solution may be different for different cars. Ultimately though, the⚠️ means that the car's performance cannot be simulated because the way it drives with the current settings breaks the simulation and the settings need to be changed.
to the second response……please don’t take this the wrong way but “spoken like a true politician”
Or you could just not say things that could be taken the wrong way...

To answer your answer: If something isn't perfect and you don't mess with it, how is it supposed to become perfect?

I'm kinda just hedging my bets on the next update fixing the issues, and just keeping my participation in this game to a minimum outside of online TTs and weekly challenges. I'm not fixing any of my setups knowing that the physics are going to most likely to be changed a fair amount on the next one, whenever that drops.

As an additional thought, the solution may be different for different cars. Ultimately though, the⚠️ means that the car's performance cannot be simulated because the way it drives with the current settings breaks the simulation and the settings need to be changed.

To answer your answer: If something isn't perfect and you don't mess with it, how is it supposed to become perfect?
Very true, some people just don’t have a sense of humor 🤫😉 And……going by your logic on that statement, if that’s the case then they could literally be messing with the driving physics from now until the end of time and somehow that doesn’t seem very productive to me 🤔 Not only that, but this is after all just a video game…..how “perfect” does it need to be? And………what might be considered perfection to one group of people is most certainly not going to be considered perfection by the other. So basically what I’m getting at is that it’s NEVER going to be perfect so just settle on something already and move on. There are a lot of other things in this game that need improvement as well. 🤔😁👍

Last edited:
Very true, some people just don’t have a sense of humor 🤫😉
And some mistake abusiveness for comedy, then blame the person they were being abusive to for not getting it.

The next step in that playbook is usually to say that "everyone is so easily offended these days"; anything to avoid recognising fault.

Might be an idea to quit while you're behind.

I think after the recent update, whacky PP readings seem to plague more cars than it did previously. I'm not solely referring to the ⚠️ error, just in general. I've had a few instances where increasing or decreasing a single unit of balast, mass/weight, downforce can see the PP rating of a car sharply rise or decrease.
Consequently it also seems a lot easier to find loop holes in tuning cars to specific PP requirements for events and such.

A lot of vintage American muscle cars in my garage have the ! rating. The only way I can seem to generate a rating is maxing out the downforce with an aftermarket spoiler to its max or near max. Both my C3's (stock engine) require 200 in the rear and if I max out the front downforce, I get a ! rating. I have to bring the tab down 1 notch for a rating. (mid 700s). Another notch down and it's back to !.

And cars that can not have aftermarket spoilers mounted like the Superbird won't get out of the ! rating not matter what I do. I'm sure there's some random setup that will work but I haven't found it yet.

Last edited:
Too much juicing will do that.

On a serious note, this issue is bugging me (no pun intended), some of my well setup cars suffers from this issue.

A lot of vintage American muscle cars in my garage have the ! rating. The only way I can seem to generate a rating is maxing out the downforce with an aftermarket spoiler to its max or near max. Both my C3's (stock engine) require 200 in the rear and if I max out the front downforce, I get a ! rating. I have to bring the tab down 1 notch for a rating. (mid 700s). Another notch down and it's back to !.

And cars that can not have aftermarket spoilers mounted like the Superbird won't get out of the ! rating not matter what I do. I'm sure there's some random setup that will work but I haven't found it yet.
Sounds like it’s spinning out in the PP test. Try changing the diff settings or adding ballast to the front or rear.

I got my pp back when removing carbon brakes.
Perhaps it lost control under braking then 🤔

Last edited:
Here’s one for you. I have a Camaro Trans Am tune. I went to replicate it just now. Literally everything is set the same. I doubled check. The new Camaro Trans Am tune has the pp ⚠️ the original version of that tune doesn’t. If I remove fully customizable suspension it registers. If I put the fully customizable suspension back on I get the warning. I tried removing other parts. Nothing worked. This PP Issue is suspension related which also explains why the cars are all doing weird stuff and some comfort tire or even medium have a heavier wheel feel that cars with sports tires or racing. Not all do but I’ve stumbled across a few.

They’ve broken their own game.

Here’s one for you. I have a Camaro Trans Am tune. I went to replicate it just now. Literally everything is set the same. I doubled check. The new Camaro Trans Am tune has the pp ⚠️ the original version of that tune doesn’t. If I remove fully customizable suspension it registers. If I put the fully customizable suspension back on I get the warning. I tried removing other parts. Nothing worked. This PP Issue is suspension related which also explains why the cars are all doing weird stuff and some comfort tire or even medium have a heavier wheel feel that cars with sports tires or racing. Not all do but I’ve stumbled across a few.

They’ve broken their own game.
Have you tried making small minute adjustments to the settings of the suspension to see if anything does work?

Back