PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,873 comments
Pit stopping once or twice usually is not the problem I run into at Le Mans. It is trying to time it so you cross the finish line just after the 30-minute mark. Twice in the past month, I was so far ahead that I just slowed down and stopped near the finish line so I could cross it right after it said final lap. But then I have a car start coming up from behind. So I proceeded forward and prepared to not let them pass me. But then they go in the pit instead and win the race from the pit! Took 2nd twice in the past month trying that tactic and getting screwed by someone who enters the pit and wins.
This also happened to me. Didn't know you could win in the pit. Now I just do the extra lap. Have to make sure you have enough gas.

Pit stopping once or twice usually is not the problem I run into at Le Mans. It is trying to time it so you cross the finish line just after the 30-minute mark. Twice in the past month, I was so far ahead that I just slowed down and stopped near the finish line so I could cross it right after it said final lap. But then I have a car start coming up from behind. So I proceeded forward and prepared to not let them pass me. But then they go in the pit instead and win the race from the pit! Took 2nd twice in the past month trying that tactic and getting screwed by someone who enters the pit and wins.

Feel your pain, as I learned that lesson once myself. Now I begin the timing delay at the start of what I plan to be the final lap, dragging it out by a minute or two as needed. Don’t wait till the end to bleed the time! If you get there, and there is more than a few seconds remaining, as long as you have fuel enough, it’s better just to run another lap than park and wait. The AI will pit every time if it gets there before the end.

Last edited:
Feel your pain, as I learned that lesson once myself. Now I begin the timing delay at the start of what I plan to be the final lap, dragging it out by a minute or two as needed. Don’t wait till the end to bleed the time! If you get there, and there is more than a few seconds remaining, as long as you have fuel enough, it’s better just to run another lap than park and wait. The AI will pit every time if it gets there before the end.
Yeah, that seems like a much smarter strategy. Try to time the start of your final lap at the perfect time. This also wouldn't be as difficult to avoid what happened to me if you were able to tell how many seconds you are in front of 2nd place in VR. Shockingly, we are coming up on a year since PSVR2 launched and they still have not done anything about the issues with VR. Kireth came out with a video a few weeks back about features for 2024 and I think if they added even half of what he suggested that would be great. I think the most shocking thing of 2023 was that they launched VR with update 1.29 and in the same update you launch 2 VGT cars with no cockpit view. But the VGT car they launched 2 months before that has a cockpit view. Makes zero sense.

This also happened to me. Didn't know you could win in the pit. Now I just do the extra lap. Have to make sure you have enough gas.
This just made me realize a time recently when I finished 2nd by less than 2 seconds. I should have just gone in the pit. :lol:

This just made me realize a time recently when I finished 2nd by less than 2 seconds. I should have just gone in the pit. :lol:

I’ve not tried that, pitting right before the race is set to end, but wouldn’t that just have put you 20-30 seconds or more behind the AI by the time you exited to run that last lap?

If memory serves (it’s been a while since I experienced it), as I stopped right before the finish line, waiting for the last dozen or so seconds to run out triggering “final lap,” and allowing me to cross the line ending the race, the AI pitted. However, the AI didn’t win (at least at that moment), but it did continue the race for another full “final lap”. As I didn’t have enough fuel for another lap, my race was over. If I had the fuel, I could have simply taken off and been out in front before the AI had even exited the pit.

@praiano63, I tried today your BMW VGT tune, awesome as always, thank you!
But did you drive it in VR? It has no cockpit view, like the Lexus LF-LC VGT, so it looked like your head on the roof of the car. Very strange Polyphony decision)

I’ve not tried that, pitting right before the race is set to end, but wouldn’t that just have put you 20-30 seconds or more behind the AI by the time you exited to run that last lap?

If memory serves (it’s been a while since I experienced it), as I stopped right before the finish line, waiting for the last dozen or so seconds to run out triggering “final lap,” and allowing me to cross the line ending the race, the AI pitted. However, the AI didn’t win (at least at that moment), but it did continue the race for another full “final lap”. As I didn’t have enough fuel for another lap, my race was over. If I had the fuel, I could have simply taken off and been out in front before the AI had even exited the pit.
Between the pit entrance and the finish line are the 2 small and slow turns, which according to my research, is referred to as the Ford Chicanes. I stopped there. So I was in 1st place and then a car started to come up behind me. I started driving through the Ford Chicanes and crossed the finish line without anyone passing me. But I came in 2nd. This happened to me twice. The car that was coming up behind me went into the pit and by doing that it gave them first. So I'm saying the same thing might work if you are coming up to the pit entrance and you are in P2 and the car in P1 is currently going through the Ford Chicanes. You would just have to be careful with that first turn into the pit because it is easy to go into the wall if not at the right speed.

@praiano63, I tried today your BMW VGT tune, awesome as always, thank you!
But did you drive it in VR? It has no cockpit view, like the Lexus LF-LC VGT, so it looked like your head on the roof of the car. Very strange Polyphony decision)
I am positive that when he made that tune he did not have the VR headset yet. I'm unsure of what VGT cars he has tried since he recently got the headset. Here is a list I have bookmarked of the VGT cars that do or don't have a cockpit view. Thankfully the OP keeps it updated.

Question: this car is marked as SPA, does that is stating SPA 1H event?
Have anyone was able to win it on hard?
The fact that it says 730pp, I would assume it is meant for the GT Cup GR.3 race for Spa which is 5 laps. Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear are set to 2x and 8x whereas on the 1H race, they are set to 4x and 8x. The Gr3 Spa is High Speed BOP Tuning and Car settings are partially allowed with Brake Balance. I'm not quite sure when the BOP changes were made that made the 730pp kind of obsolete. When it says "partially allowed Brake Balance," I think that means any suspension and downforce adjustments are ignored and you are forced to use the default settings of the vehicle. But I did find this interesting site that breaks down the BOP changes with every update. I think there are ways to use the data there to determine which cars that Praiano tunes have changed since he tuned them and which ones remain the same. It is a lot to wrap your head around and very likely I spun 3 too many rotations with my assumption. :lol:

Last edited:
BTW. I really love it when you add your descriptions and thoughts on a car in addition to the tune. Your words always carry weight.
Wanted to second this! It’s great when Praiano tosses in a bit of opinion on the car, how enjoyable it was to drive, a tip or two to get the most out of the tune. When pressed for credits and deciding on a new car for various events or races, I’ll usually look to see his thoughts on actually driving it, not just which can produce the times.

Last edited:
Praiano,

As a kid i absolutely worshipped Senna. He was the Joe Montana or Magic of racing in the 80s. I sobbed when he died, and only felt loss like that again with Kobe. True legends who were different.

I also, ever so briefly, and at the LOWEST possible level, did some driving for Honda Motorsports. It was around the time Senna was “advising” on what would become the NSX. That car, to a massive extent due to his input, broke Ferrari and fundamentally changed what it meant to be a “super car.” It’s iconic. Honda by Senna, at 60k, beat Ferrari by Enzo at any price.

As a fellow Senna fan (and since you’re Brazilian likely more deeply than myself), how about a tune for the OG ‘92 NSX? Make her absolutely sing in GT7! Tokyo Rain? (Sending a donation with request.)

Cheers!

Question: this car is marked as SPA, does that is stating SPA 1H event?
Have anyone was able to win it on hard?
1H SPA is a 800PP event. Because of this you can reach the max power without downforce limitation . It's a totally different way to set a car like this. For lower PP value , you need to play with power and downforce to allow the limited PP value , looking for compromise.
I have a maxed setting for it but it's not updated , need a new tune.... soon. Here Toyota Supra GT500 '97 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - Watkins Glen

Praiano,

As a kid i absolutely worshipped Senna. He was the Joe Montana or Magic of racing in the 80s. I sobbed when he died, and only felt loss like that again with Kobe. True legends who were different.

I also, ever so briefly, and at the LOWEST possible level, did some driving for Honda Motorsports. It was around the time Senna was “advising” on what would become the NSX. That car, to a massive extent due to his input, broke Ferrari and fundamentally changed what it meant to be a “super car.” It’s iconic. Honda by Senna, at 60k, beat Ferrari by Enzo at any price.

As a fellow Senna fan (and since you’re Brazilian likely more deeply than myself), how about a tune for the OG ‘92 NSX? Make her absolutely sing in GT7! Tokyo Rain? (Sending a donation with request.)

Cheers!
Thanks a lot for your donation. I'll do a car for Tokyo 600PP event , i only have a SWAP version for the moment but i think the balance of the chassis stay the same. Soon.

Hi Praiano, have you ever done a tune for the Mazda RX-7 GT-X(FC) 90? thinking about buying it now but I base all my buys on what you've tuned and can't see it 👍🏻thanks in advance pal

Toyota Supra GT500 '97 - 790PP - Racing Soft tires - All Track.- 1.42
Very good car for WTC 800PP events. It's an easy very fast car , well balanced good grip and good eagerness. For the SPA 1H event you can do 6 to 7 laps FM1 short shifting , i think the soft tieres can go 7 laps but i didn't test it.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240218162217.jpg

Thanks a lot for your donation. I'll do a car for Tokyo 600PP event , i only have a SWAP version for the moment but i think the balance of the chassis stay the same. Soon.
Fantastic! I picked up two when they were available so I could run one close to stock, and one based on SWAP. The SWAP tune is great. I find the power challenging to dial in, balanced against the 600pp limit and handling required, for Tokyo Rain with the standard ‘92 NSX. I haven’t found a mix I like, but believe it’s in the car to be found. Your Tokyo setup with some of the older, less powerful classic cars have been great (‘64 Carrera tune is brilliant for that race, and you somehow salvaged a purpose for the Countache), which are what prompted my request.

Tokyo Rain with the standard ‘92 NSX
I'm on it also but using the swap at 600PP tokyo. Using control the car is so easy , but at the wheel and a performant setting , you need very smooth inputs. The car don't forgive some wrong moves.

I'm on it also but using the swap at 600PP tokyo. Using control the car is so easy , but at the wheel and a performant setting , you need very smooth inputs. The car don't forgive some wrong moves.
Just ran the 700pp SWAP with it at Le Mans. It was nearly lapping as it launches like a rocket down the straights.

Very good car for WTC 800PP events. It's an easy very fast car , well balanced good grip and good eagerness. For the SPA 1H event you can do 6 to 7 laps FM1 short shifting , i think the soft tieres can go 7 laps but i didn't test it.

View attachment 1329279View attachment 1329280View attachment 1329281View attachment 1329282

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

View attachment 1329283
I did 1 run of SPA 1H used FM2 with shifting in the middle ( more or less ) i did pit stop at the end of lap 8 with tire changes which also overlaps with the rain. Second pit at the end of lap 16 and again over laps with the weather. Tricky part is after 2nd pit since you have fuel for 8 laps ans thats 24 but it almost happen that i had to run another lap so i suggest move to FM4 after 2nd pit.

About driving its really a beast car but have 2 problems that and easy to be learnes.
G1 try to shortshift at corners or you can spinoff easy. Turning at high speed corners its not good you need to lower the speed because the car kinda slide.
Good point of this car is that between 0 and 250 270 kmh it is really moving fast i did a lap at 2:18 maybe not the best since i'm not that good at gt7 :)

i know you don't like FF car setups but can you make a mazda gr4 setup for daily race c at Redbull Ring? @praiano63
90% of the FF cars in GT7 are not bad cars. They are only victim of the tire's model and the way GT7 is translating the lost of grip.
Let say that in this game simulate wheelspin , laterally or longitudinally , with a sudden 50% of lost of grip. It's totally wrong in my opinion and this problem is killing the game , and mainly the FF cars because it mess horribly with the drivability and most of the behaviors of those cars.
I think PD would have to reduce this parameter to let's say 20% and a lot more progressive way.
On a powerfull FR road car , tou can control +- with throttle control or traction control without messing the driving line. Not at all with FF cars. It's an horrible sensation. I hate this.
Take a stock Honda integra '95 , with no wheelspin , due to a reasonable power and a perfect stock setting from PD , this car is a real gem at the wheel.
About the Mazda GR4 , using Racing Medium tires help to reduce this bad behavior and it's not a real problem. There is just a few parameters left to turn the car better. Suspension without ride height don't have so much influence , perhaps LSD could be a good help. I'll a quick check but i have to say i'm not performant at all on this track.

i know you don't like FF car setups but can you make a mazda gr4 setup for daily race c at Redbull Ring? @praiano63
My monday became a sunday after the carnaval and a lot of job. I can rest a day / week finally.:)
So i did a quick test on Mazda GR4 RBR. The few wheel spin out of slow turns is messing with the retake performance.
Check the top replays and you'll learn a lot about it. Always in a upper gear out corner. They are using more mid RPM torque than HP at higher RPM. You can see a difference out corners against top players , they can gain almost 1 car distance on you. I thought it was a LSD setting .... but looking closer ,you can see they accelerate very early , just a very light accel to not induce understeer. I couldn't do this till now , perhaps with time but i can't spend hours on this event. I don't like the driving sensation of the car.
For the settings , an extreme suspension setting work. There is some margin and there is still room hitting the max and mini numbers.
Here it is.
BRAKE BALANCE AT 5 for trail braking that work great.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240219095153.jpg

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 - 950PP - Racing Soft Tires - Daytona - 1.40

For GR1 Daytona 10 laps race. 1 stop FM1. No stop is possible with Racing medium FM6 but not a good option dur to the bloody Valerio Gallo !

View attachment 1304029View attachment 1304030View attachment 1304031

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Just dug into this tune. It’s good to know I’m not the only one who has developed deep hatred for that Gallo driver. I’ve crashed into him intentionally, taking us both out, just to teach him a lesson! 😁

Last edited:
Just dug into this tune. It’s good to know I’m not the only one who has developed deep hatred for that Gallo driver. I’ve crashed into him intentionally, taking us both out, just to teach him a lesson! 😁
I've already saw people refering to Gallo AI as "Bloody Gallo" due to this specific race and his car under steroids. :lol: An annoying AI for sure , the real Gallo is so good and fair ... PD is 100% guilty in this case.:lol:

Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 - 700 PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track - 1.42

Wide body
Rims 16" / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part A
Side A
Rear diffuser B
Rear Wing : Custom

I use the rear diffuser because have some stability problems without it. This way it's really steady on his 4 tires and grippy. The car is still very fast , top speed can reach 320kmh on Le Mans at FM1 , but you'll have to use FM4 for 3 laps.
The Anti lag on strong is necessary for a better retake and tame the rear end at high RPM out medium & fast corners. Not a top car for technicals track but very pleasant to drive.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240219180618.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240219180629.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240219180648.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240219180659.jpg

><(((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Back