Precision Motorsports - Maserati GranTurismo S, RUF BTR, RUF CTR2 Released!

• Thread starter Project41
  • 68 comments
My personal preference is for a car to oversteer because I hate the sensation that you can't turn that comes with understeer. Although some feel this makes a car unpredictable or unstable, I enjoy it.
:)
Well, if you have a jaguar type-e, a yellowbird or a stratos road car you could try the setup I made, I think you'll enjoy them, they are semi-drift/oversteer but kept under control :)

Tommy Kaira ZZII '00

I saw this tune of yours about a week ago, and decided to keep an eye out for the car in the UCD, and finally got one yesterday and plan to test this soon, I'm usually the In-house driver for MFT, but I couldn't resist the pics of it in that nice red :drool:

I am just popping in to say your Maserati tune is fantastic. Keep up the awesome work. 👍

Definitely get some more premium model cars tuned in your garage. :D

I saw this tune of yours about a week ago, and decided to keep an eye out for the car in the UCD, and finally got one yesterday and plan to test this soon, I'm usually the In-house driver for MFT, but I couldn't resist the pics of it in that nice red :drool:

Haha thanks that is why I take so much time to take pictures for my tunes, glad you couldn't resist.. :)

I am just popping in to say your Maserati tune is fantastic. Keep up the awesome work. 👍

Definitely get some more premium model cars tuned in your garage. :D

Hey thanks I'm glad you liked it, have any premium models in mind? I was thinking about tuning a TVR Tamora.

Im currently trying do unlock the potetial of this car

- Renault Megane Sport its a premium too.

It seems like it could be good , but you tell me :D

Tommy Kaira ZZII '00 - Review

Well first and foremost, this car is fast, real freaking fast. :crazy:

Packing 700+HP in a nearly 900KG car, is 1 of 2 things depending on who’s driving, it can either be one of the quickest cars in anyone’s garage at a fraction of the others price, or it can be a trap waiting for 1 mis-calculation to happen before taking you into the wall on its own accord.

But that’s not to say it automatically doesn’t belong if your new to GT, because this is still a beautifully sculpted car, standard or not, the front end is it’s own unique profile, leading to the roof with its cleaver intakes that channel along the sloped back, and the car’s profile from the side is nothing to scoff at either.

But as a performer, this easily blows a lot, and I mean A LOT of the others out of the water in terms of being outright quick, I know the setup calls for Racing Softs, but to be honest, ‘anything’ will stick with soft tires, which could very well hide a defect or blemish in its handling and a driver could never be none-the-wiser, so I decided to test the car on Medium’s instead to get a more raw and respective experience with the car.

From the courses I ran at, GVS east, SSR5 full, La Sarthe w/ chicanes and then GVS full, the car was quite manageable and easy to drive, excellent turn-in, spilt second throttle-response , and with its low weight, holding the car to the apex was quite easy as there isn’t much to pull it out of line (momentum, weight over-loaded tires, etc).

But I did notice a issue in the corner entry and exit departments. With my DFGT, I noticed that when entering and coming out of corners while getting on/off the power, I can feel the car can suffer from a noticeable amount of scrub-understeer, where you can still feel traction, but its not guiding the car as it should and instead lets it ‘laz-out’ towards the outer part of the track’s surface. I think I know the reason for this, and there are 2 parts to it.
The first is downforce, I know the downforce is maxed out on the front already, but compared to how much can be applied to the rear, it’s not as much as it could use. Second reason is weight distribution, look at a typical GT-R, engine in front to place weight on front tires, but in the ZZII, its mounted a-midship, taking that weight away from the front where it could be used to press the tires into the road and get more traction from them. If more downforce could be applied to the front, this could probably controlled better, but with what is offered in the tuning menu, only so much can be done.

But don’t take my above thoughts as saying the car is tuned incorrectly or anything, it’s just the car’s design and nature that are really influencing the raw character, and some aspects a tuner just can’t change (for now), but how it’s been setup has really tamed the potential this car has to offer, making it a welcome fighter to a skilled driver’s garage rather than a wall smasher, and to do so with what this car is packing under the sheet metal, really takes some finesse and dedication to get it right. I have a feeling I’ll be driving this one more often, well done. 👍

On a sidenote, have you looked to see if adding a front splitter increases the range of downforce in front ?, I can’t imagine PD thought of it, but if it works, then hey, 1 more thing they got right out of everything else that is wrong. :ouch:

Last edited:
Tommy Kaira ZZII '00 - Review

Well first and foremost, this car is fast, real freaking fast. :crazy:

Packing 700+HP in a nearly 900KG car, is 1 of 2 things depending on who’s driving, it can either be one of the quickest cars in anyone’s garage at a fraction of the others price, or it can be a trap waiting for 1 mis-calculation to happen before taking you into the wall on its own accord.

But that’s not to say it automatically doesn’t belong if your new to GT, because this is still a beautifully sculpted car, standard or not, the front end is it’s own unique profile, leading to the roof with its cleaver intakes that channel along the sloped back, and the car’s profile from the side is nothing to scoff at either.

But as a performer, this easily blows a lot, and I mean A LOT of the others out of the water in terms of being outright quick, I know the setup calls for Racing Softs, but to be honest, ‘anything’ will stick with soft tires, which could very well hide a defect or blemish in its handling and a driver could never be none-the-wiser, so I decided to test the car on Medium’s instead to get a more raw and respective experience with the car.

From the courses I ran at, GVS east, SSR5 full, La Sarthe w/ chicanes and then GVS full, the car was quite manageable and easy to drive, excellent turn-in, spilt second throttle-response , and with its low weight, holding the car to the apex was quite easy as there isn’t much to pull it out of line (momentum, weight over-loaded tires, etc).

But I did notice a issue in the corner entry and exit departments. With my DFGT, I noticed that when entering and coming out of corners while getting on/off the power, I can feel the car can suffer from a noticeable amount of scrub-understeer, where you can still feel traction, but its not guiding the car as it should and instead lets it ‘laz-out’ towards the outer part of the track’s surface. I think I know the reason for this, and there are 2 parts to it.
The first is downforce, I know the downforce is maxed out on the front already, but compared to how much can be applied to the rear, it’s not as much as it could use. Second reason is weight distribution, look at a typical GT-R, engine in front to place weight on front tires, but in the ZZII, its mounted a-midship, taking that weight away from the front where it could be used to press the tires into the road and get more traction from them. If more downforce could be applied to the front, this could probably controlled better, but with what is offered in the tuning menu, only so much can be done.

But don’t take my above thoughts as saying the car is tuned incorrectly or anything, it’s just the car’s design and nature that are really influencing the raw character, and some aspects a tuner just can’t change (for now), but how it’s been setup has really tamed the potential this car has to offer, making it a welcome fighter to a skilled driver’s garage rather than a wall smasher, and to do so with what this car is packing under the sheet metal, really takes some finesse and dedication to get it right. I have a feeling I’ll be driving this one more often, well done. 👍

On a sidenote, have you looked to see if adding a front splitter increases the range of downforce in front ?, I can’t imagine PD thought of it, but if it works, then hey, 1 more thing they got right out of everything else that is wrong. :ouch:

Wow what a review, loved it! I agree the car is amazing to drive, I'm looking for ways to remove some of the temperament and unpredictability out of the car. Again, I really appreciate your review, it was enjoyable to read and I'm glad you enjoyed the car. Have any suggestions for future tunes?

I also updated the ZZII.

Last edited:
RUF BTR '86

Red Mica | 663HP / 6600RPM @ 29,980mi. (48,250km) | 1062kg | RR

Description:

Total Price:
Base Model Cr.85,620 + GT Auto Cr.5,800 + Tuning Shop Cr.210,500 = Cr.301,920

GT Auto:
Partially Upgraded - Cr.5,800

Car Wash Cr.50
CheckMark.gif

Oil Change Cr.250
CheckMark.gif

Paint Car: Red Mica Cr.2,000
CheckMark.gif

Paint Wheels Cr.2,000
Change Wheels Cr.3,500

Aero Kit: Wing/Type B Cr.3,500
CheckMark.gif

Engine Overhaul Cr.33,500
Chassis Maintenance Cr.56,000
Racing Modification Cr.---

Tuning Shop:
Fully Upgraded - Cr.210,500

Body/Chassis:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1 Cr.5,000
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2 Cr.10,000
CheckMark.gif

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3 Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Chassis Reinforcement Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Window Weight Reduction Cr.3,000
Carbon Hood Cr.5,000
Carbon Hood: Body Color Cr.5,000

Engine:
Engine Tuning Stage 1 Cr.2,500
Engine Tuning Stage 2 Cr.15,000
CheckMark.gif

Engine Tuning Stage 3 Cr.30,000
CheckMark.gif

ECU Tuning Cr.1,000
CheckMark.gif

Intake System:
Sports Intake Manifold Cr.2,500
CheckMark.gif

Sports Air Filter Cr.250
Racing Air Filter Cr.450

Exhaust:
Sports Exhaust Cr.1,500
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust Cr.7,500

Titanium Racing Exhaust Cr.10,000
CheckMark.gif

Sports Exhaust Manifold Cr.3,500
CheckMark.gif

Catalytic Converter: Sports Cr.500

Turbo Kits:
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit Cr.4,500
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit Cr.10,000

High RPM Range Turbo Kit Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Supercharger Cr.17,500

Transmission:
5 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission Cr.6,000
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission Cr.8,000

Fully Customizable Transmission Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Drivetrain:
Single Plate Clutch Cr.1,500
Twin Plate Clutch Cr.2,500
Sports Flywheel Cr.650
Semi Racing Flywheel Cr.1,500
Carbon Drive Shaft Cr.4,500
Torque Sensing Center Differential Cr.15,000

Adjustable LSD Cr.7,500
CheckMark.gif

Suspension:
Fixed Sports Kit Cr.3,000
Height-Adjustable Sports Kit Cr.4,500

Fully Customizable Kit Cr.15,000
CheckMark.gif

Tires:
Hard Comfort Tires Cr.1,200
Medium Comfort Tires Cr.1,400
Soft Comfort Tires Cr.1,600
Hard Sports Tires Cr.6,000
Medium Sports Tires Cr.7,000
Soft Sports Tires Cr.8,000
Hard Racing Tires Cr.15,000
Medium Racing Tires Cr.25,000

Soft Racing Tires Cr.36,000
CheckMark.gif

Dirt Tires Cr.3,000
Snow Tires Cr.3,000

CheckMark.gif
= Component Installed

Tuning Settings:

Body/Chassis | Aerodynamic Adjustment
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission | Gear Ratio
Final: 4.000
Top Speed: 193mph (310km/h)

Drivetrain | LSD
Initial Torque: 0 / 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 0 / 55
Braking Sensitivity: 0 / 45

Drivetrain | Front/Rear Torque Split
Front/Rear Torque Split: N/A

Suspension | Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -35 / -30
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 11.0 / 10.2
Dampers (Extension): 7 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 6 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 / 3

Suspension | Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle (-): 1.4 / 1.4
Toe Angle: 0.05 / 0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance: 8 / 5

Driving Options:

Transmission: MT or AT
Front Tires: Racing Soft
Rear Tires: Racing Soft
TCS: 2
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Other Settings: Off

Comments:
This car was a handful to drive stock, let alone after adding a significant boost in horsepower. After tuning the car, the BTR was a monster and nearly impossible to drive. However, after some massive alterations in the suspension and other key components, the RUF BTR has been nearly tamed. Caution should be taken when accelerating as the car can easily break the back tires loose. I've added a rear wing for better grip at speed and extra stability. Also, I think it gives the car a more aggressive and track inspired look. Overall a very fun and thrilling car to drive at any track, the RUF BTR is a car that demands respect.

Version: 1.0
Created by Project41

Last edited:
RUF CTR2 '96

Slate Blue | 610HP / 6000RPM @ 40,240mi. (64,760km) | 1214kg | 4WD

Description:

Total Price:
Base Model Cr.201,590 + GT Auto Cr.2,300 + Tuning Shop Cr.173,500 = Cr.377,390

GT Auto:
Partially Upgraded - Cr.2,300

Car Wash Cr.50
CheckMark.gif

Oil Change Cr.250
CheckMark.gif

Paint Car: Slate Blue Cr.2,000
CheckMark.gif

Paint Wheels Cr.2,000
Change Wheels Cr.3,500
Aero Kit Cr.---

Engine Overhaul Cr.89,000
Chassis Maintenance Cr.148,500
Racing Modification Cr.---

Tuning Shop:
Fully Upgraded - Cr.173,500

Body/Chassis:
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 1 Cr.5,000
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 2 Cr.10,000
CheckMark.gif

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3 Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Chassis Reinforcement Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Window Weight Reduction Cr.3,000
Carbon Hood Cr.5,000
Carbon Hood: Body Color Cr.5,000

Engine:
Engine Tuning Stage 1 Cr.2,500
Engine Tuning Stage 2 Cr.15,000
Engine Tuning Stage 3 Cr.30,000
ECU Tuning Cr.1,000

Intake System:
Sports Intake Manifold Cr.2,500
Sports Air Filter Cr.250
Racing Air Filter Cr.450

Exhaust:
Sports Exhaust Cr.1,500
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust Cr.7,500

Titanium Racing Exhaust Cr.10,000
CheckMark.gif

Sports Exhaust Manifold Cr.3,500
Catalytic Converter: Sports Cr.500

Turbo Kits:
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit Cr.4,500
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit Cr.10,000

High RPM Range Turbo Kit Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Supercharger Cr.17,500

Transmission:
5 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission Cr.6,000
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission Cr.8,000

Fully Customizable Transmission Cr.20,000
CheckMark.gif

Drivetrain:
Single Plate Clutch Cr.1,500
Twin Plate Clutch Cr.2,500
Sports Flywheel Cr.650
Semi Racing Flywheel Cr.1,500
Carbon Drive Shaft Cr.4,500

Torque Sensing Center Differential Cr.15,000
CheckMark.gif

Adjustable LSD Cr.7,500
CheckMark.gif

Suspension:
Fixed Sports Kit Cr.3,000
Height-Adjustable Sports Kit Cr.4,500

Fully Customizable Kit Cr.15,000
CheckMark.gif

Tires:
Hard Comfort Tires Cr.1,200
Medium Comfort Tires Cr.1,400
Soft Comfort Tires Cr.1,600
Hard Sports Tires Cr.6,000
Medium Sports Tires Cr.7,000
Soft Sports Tires Cr.8,000
Hard Racing Tires Cr.15,000
Medium Racing Tires Cr.25,000

Soft Racing Tires Cr.36,000
CheckMark.gif

Dirt Tires Cr.3,000
Snow Tires Cr.3,000

CheckMark.gif
= Component Installed

Tuning Settings:

Body/Chassis | Aerodynamic Adjustment
Downforce: N/A

Transmission | Gear Ratio
Final: 3.444
Top Speed: 205mph (330km/h)

Drivetrain | LSD
Initial Torque: 6 / 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15 / 17
Braking Sensitivity: 13 / 15

Drivetrain | Front/Rear Torque Split
Front/Rear Torque Split: 25 / 75

Suspension | Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -35 / -32
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.8 / 9.8
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 6

Suspension | Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.2
Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance: 8 / 4

Driving Options:

Transmission: MT or AT
Front Tires: Racing Soft
Rear Tires: Racing Soft
TCS: Off
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Other Settings: Off

Comments:

Version: 1.0
Created by Project41

Last edited:
Massive improvements have been made to several of the cars featured in this thread and I am still looking for feedback on the new releases. Also, I am getting bogged down with school work and cannot release tunes are quickly as I want to. As a result, I am looking for another individual or individuals that would be interested in working along side me and would be willing to follow my style. If interested please let me know, test drivers are also welcome, thanks.

You guys nailed it with the Oullim Spirra. I managed to get a 6'56 with it on the nordschleife with 333hp. No aids and using soft slicks. You guys just made this car one of my favorites to use. Thank you guys so much. P.S please make a tune for a '90 RX7 GTX (FC). You guys are awesome!

You guys nailed it with the Oullim Spirra. I managed to get a 6'56 with it on the nordschleife with 333hp. No aids and using soft slicks. You guys just made this car one of my favorites to use. Thank you guys so much. P.S please make a tune for a '90 RX7 GTX (FC). You guys are awesome!

Hey I'm really glad you liked it, the Spirra is one of my favorites as well. She can be unforgiving, but when you treat her right she will do wonderful things. I've tried to make the car more stable but it seems it makes it slower lol. I'm preparing to release a series of American "muscle" cars such as the Mustang Cobra R, Mustang GT, Challenger, and Camaro SS. However, I'd be happy to take a look at the RX7 GTX! I also need to release the Renault and TVR.

Of course, I had a CTR2 and decided to sell it after never driving it...

If one pops up in the UCD again I'll have to grab it 👍

Edit. Your tunes are godly. I wish we could custom make stickers. Precision Motorsports would sponsor all my favorite cars. Anyways thanks again for all the tunes. Looking forward for some more.

Edit. Your tunes are godly. I wish we could custom make stickers. Precision Motorsports would sponsor all my favorite cars. Anyways thanks again for all the tunes. Looking forward for some more.

Hey thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words, it really means a lot to me. Any car you would like to see tuned? I can try to work my magic on something. I've been incredibly busy lately and now I've been snowed in going on day three.. yikes.

Hey man, I just picked up the ZZII and tried the other guys tune on my fav. track, The Ring. I didn't like it one bit. The pushed badly. I will be trying your tune tonight and in hopes of a great friend long lost. I love this car from the past and I want to love it now.

One thing I do want to know, I drive using a DFGT. In the wheel settings menu, what are your settings? I use, Pro, FFB 5 and steering assist off.

- Jeramy

Hey thanks man, I really appreciate your kind words, it really means a lot to me. Any car you would like to see tuned? I can try to work my magic on something. I've been incredibly busy lately and now I've been snowed in going on day three.. yikes.

Ah. You already got started on the FC RX7 lol. But hey take your time. Off topic, how did you learn how to tune?

Thanks very much for the incredible tunes for the RUF's. I really appreciate it! The tunes made these cars much more manageable. Any chance of a Yellow Bird tune in the future?

Thanks again for your time and dedication Project41!

Ah. You already got started on the FC RX7 lol. But hey take your time. Off topic, how did you learn how to tune?

Yes I already owned a FC RX7, and I just kind of took time to learn the ins and outs of GT5 tuning. I'll give you a quick break down of how I usually try tuning a car.

• Determine the top speed for the car for the track you wish to tune the car for. My cars are tuned to be used for a variety of tracks so I usually set my top speed relatively higher than it could be for some tracks. Just run the car on the longest straight away to to determine the right top speed for the transmission.
  • Next, lower the car and adjust the brake bias. Not too low, especially if you are tuning for a track that has a lot of abrupt bumps and elevation changes. In addition, for race cars, very little lowering should be done and cars with high standard ride heights should usually be fully lowered. Brake balance can be used to cause oversteer or understeer and is much of a personal preference. More front bias will lead to understeer, but more stopping power. More rear bias will lead to oversteer, but can cause the car to spin out and reduces the stopping power.
  • Stiffen the suspension, the amount depends on the car and how much you lowered the car. General rule is the more you lower the ride height, the stiffer the suspension should be. In addition, having the front or rear suspension more stiff will affect how the car handles, with having a stiffer front suspension causing understeer, and having a stiffer rear suspension causing oversteer.
  • Next, I rough in the suspension dampers, LSD, and aerodynamics. Although kind of a complicated step, at this point in the tuning process you should have a feel for how the car behaves and its flaws. Dampers are similar to the spring rate in the since that stiffer rear dampers will lead to oversteer and stiffer front dampers will lead to understeer. As a general rule, extension dampers should usually be stronger than compression dampers. Next, the LSD will usually be lowered to allow for more turn in and less understeer when accelerating and decelerating. Start with a low initial value, a moderate acceleration value, and a lower braking value. Lastly if aerodynamics are present, max the aerodynamics. In reality this would cause excessive drag on the straightaway, however this usually does not seem to be the case in GT5. Sometimes the aerodynamic will need to be tweaked. Try all your roughed in settings and tweak if the car went a step backwards.
  • After that last large step, I usually dial in the camber and toe angles for the car. Camber should always be present, and I'd recommend increasing the front and rear levels by 0.5 until you find the right combination. Toe angles should be tweaked to adjust the tendency of the car.
  • Adjust anti roll bars. This can be adjusted at many points throughout tuning process, but usually a stronger rear bar will cause the car to turn in more rapidly. Too much could lead to other problems and excessive oversteer.
  • Last step, fine tune the LSD, suspension settings, camber, and toe angles. At this point you should have a good roughed in suspension and LSD. Also, the aerodynamics, transmission, brakes, and ride height should be finalized. Each stage you should run the car to determine the affects of the previous step. Undo any changes that do not help the car and start that step over. A good suggestion would be to only tune one value between testing the car and to make small adjustments. If you are not willing to spend some time with tuning a car, you may create a car that is better than stock, but it won't be the best setup.

Hope this helps, enjoy.

Thanks very much for the incredible tunes for the RUF's. I really appreciate it! The tunes made these cars much more manageable. Any chance of a Yellow Bird tune in the future?

Thanks again for your time and dedication Project41!

You're quite welcome, I can attempt to do a Yellow Bird tune soon, it probably will be tamed similarly to the BTR considering they are very similar cars.. but who knows with GT5's physics engine haha, it can be random at times. I was thinking about leaving the Yellow Bird at its original horsepower, but I don't know.

Yes I already owned a FC RX7, and I just kind of took time to learn the ins and outs of GT5 tuning. I'll give you a quick break down of how I usually try tuning a car.

• Determine the top speed for the car for the track you wish to tune the car for. My cars are tuned to be used for a variety of tracks so I usually set my top speed relatively higher than it could be for some tracks. Just run the car on the longest straight away to to determine the right top speed for the transmission.
  • Next, lower the car and adjust the brake bias. Not too low, especially if you are tuning for a track that has a lot of abrupt bumps and elevation changes. In addition, for race cars, very little lowering should be done and cars with high standard ride heights should usually be fully lowered. Brake balance can be used to cause oversteer or understeer and is much of a personal preference. More front bias will lead to understeer, but more stopping power. More rear bias will lead to oversteer, but can cause the car to spin out and reduces the stopping power.
  • Stiffen the suspension, the amount depends on the car and how much you lowered the car. General rule is the more you lower the ride height, the stiffer the suspension should be. In addition, having the front or rear suspension more stiff will affect how the car handles, with having a stiffer front suspension causing understeer, and having a stiffer rear suspension causing oversteer.
  • Next, I rough in the suspension dampers, LSD, and aerodynamics. Although kind of a complicated step, at this point in the tuning process you should have a feel for how the car behaves and its flaws. Dampers are similar to the spring rate in the since that stiffer rear dampers will lead to oversteer and stiffer front dampers will lead to understeer. As a general rule, extension dampers should usually be stronger than compression dampers. Next, the LSD will usually be lowered to allow for more turn in and less understeer when accelerating and decelerating. Start with a low initial value, a moderate acceleration value, and a lower braking value. Lastly if aerodynamics are present, max the aerodynamics. In reality this would cause excessive drag on the straightaway, however this usually does not seem to be the case in GT5. Sometimes the aerodynamic will need to be tweaked. Try all your roughed in settings and tweak if the car went a step backwards.
  • After that last large step, I usually dial in the camber and toe angles for the car. Camber should always be present, and I'd recommend increasing the front and rear levels by 0.5 until you find the right combination. Toe angles should be tweaked to adjust the tendency of the car.
  • Adjust anti roll bars. This can be adjusted at many points throughout tuning process, but usually a stronger rear bar will cause the car to turn in more rapidly. Too much could lead to other problems and excessive oversteer.
  • Last step, fine tune the LSD, suspension settings, camber, and toe angles. At this point you should have a good roughed in suspension and LSD. Also, the aerodynamics, transmission, brakes, and ride height should be finalized. Each stage you should run the car to determine the affects of the previous step. Undo any changes that do not help the car and start that step over. A good suggestion would be to only tune one value between testing the car and to make small adjustments. If you are not willing to spend some time with tuning a car, you may create a car that is better than stock, but it won't be the best setup.

Hope this helps, enjoy.

You're quite welcome, I can attempt to do a Yellow Bird tune soon, it probably will be tamed similarly to the BTR considering they are very similar cars.. but who knows with GT5's physics engine haha, it can be random at times. I was thinking about leaving the Yellow Bird at its original horsepower, but I don't know.
Ah cool cool. I just wanted to ask cause tuning for me it seems incredibly difficult to the point that I just abandon whichever car is giving me a headache. Keep it up Tho' you're gifted at tuning.

Thanks for the CTR2 tune. I dialed it in and had a good time on the Ring. I went back and reset the settings so that I could compare. Stock the cars is bit loose and inviting. Usually leading off the road. Your tune tightened it up and made it much more comfortable when pushing the car. I'll check out your Lotus RM tune next. Thanks again.

Great, thank you. I agree with leaving the Yellow Bird at it's original hp. I have a few of them, one I upgraded to 730 HP. BIG mistake! At it's original hp it was hard enough to handle, this compounded the problem. It was absolutely scary to drive. :nervous:

You're BTR tune is fantastic! That car is so much more fun to drive now. Unfortunately you can't add the aero upgrades to the Yellow Bird. I might just try your BTR tune on the Yellow Bird and see what happens. :)

Thanks for the Lotue Elise tune. Its worked its way up to one of my favorite cars in the game. I ran a 6:50 at the Ring with it and could probably get that down 5 seconds.

Back