Precision Motorsports - Maserati GranTurismo S, RUF BTR, RUF CTR2 Released!

• Thread starter Project41
  • 68 comments
Just got the ZZII and tuned it up. Why is the rear downforce so low? I always understood that more downforce is better?

Just got the ZZII and tuned it up. Why is the rear downforce so low? I always understood that more downforce is better?
What you are saying is generally right but the ZZII is 4wd, it 's light and doesn't have any problem to keep the rear end planted to the road. Downforce is useful in certain areas and in most of cars, but a powered and extra light 910kg 4wd is a rare platform, so tuning logic could be different. I've tryed this Tommy and it is so fast and stable that could be kinda "cheating" using it online.. ok, just sayin' , the car is great and the tuner has done a great job. If you have this car give it a go!

It just felt right when I originally tuned it, you could increase the aerodynamics if you feel its necessary. I've also been working on some new tunes such as the NSX Type R. It's difficult to find time to do much this semester :S ...

HKS racer
What you are saying is generally right but the ZZII is 4wd, it 's light and doesn't have any problem to keep the rear end planted to the road. Downforce is useful in certain areas and in most of cars, but a powered and extra light 910kg 4wd is a rare platform, so tuning logic could be different. I've tryed this Tommy and it is so fast and stable that could be kinda "cheating" using it online.. ok, just sayin' , the car is great and the tuner has done a great job. If you have this car give it a go!

Project41
It just felt right when I originally tuned it, you could increase the aerodynamics if you feel its necessary. I've also been working on some new tunes such as the NSX Type R. It's difficult to find time to do much this semester :S ...

Thanks for the replies. I haven't actually tried the car yet so can't comment on it's handling. Looking forward to trying it though!

the ZZ-II is a pretty good tune to be fair, where this car (in general, not because of the tune) falls down is fast cornering, it just doesnt want to turn. Lower downforce on the rear helps it turn in better as you can get the back end out a bit more.

Bookmarked. Gonna try out some of your ruf tunes. :)

If you have the spare time, I was wondering if you could tune a Shelbey Gt350 '69 for me. I'm hoping you can get rid of the tendency to oversteer when accelerating through turns. I can send the car if needed. Thanks!

Just a little note. I picked up a ZZII and ran it stock with RS tires and loved it, but like most, wanted more.

I fully modded the car and could not hold on to it at all, massive under steer and I hate under steer. I used tsukuba as my test bed. about 58.5ish seconds per lap,(did i mention im not an expert driver :grumpy: ). so i took it upon myself to do some tuning on it. I managed to get it down to about 56.5-57ish (did i also mention im not an expert tuner:dunce:) but I knew it had more, I knew I needed help.

I turned to the GTP tuning garages thread and found Precision Motorsports, hmm this could work. I applied your tune and instantly knocked 2 seconds off my time, now 54.5-55ish. I took it into a race and and the end of the race (5 laps) had high 53 second runs. still has slight understeer but only slight, and when you get on the gas out of a turn, it has just the right amount of over steer to push around the corner.

All I can say is thank you for a fine tune

Back