Primary Input Device Poll

What is your primary steering device when playing GT7?

• Logitech Gear Drive Wheel

• Logitech Direct Drive Wheel

• Thrustmaster Belt Drive Wheel

• Thrustmaster Direct Drive Wheel

• Fanatec Direct Drive Wheel

• Dualsense Controller

• Other

• PXN Direct Drive Wheel

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
Olathe Kansas
Just curious to see what everyone's current primary type/brand of device is for steering. If your preferred steering option is missing leave it in the comments and I will add it to the poll.

Last edited:
Latest configuration:

1) G29 wheels, pedals with shifter and PSVR2 for driving
2) Controller and 65" LED for menu navigating, livery or photos sessions, and everything else.

I try to minimize using the VR2 headset, because my eyes don't appreciate having stuff up close... They get strained a bit before 45min and beyond, But you can't beat the driving sensation with VR2....

Edit:
These photos are over 3 years old, taken before I converted to my PS5.

Set up in front of the 75" Sony in the primary living room.
MMP_8457.JPG

Same setup In front of the 50" Plasma that got replaced by 65" Sony in the other family room.
MMP_8286.JPG

I will try to take newer photos of my set up later this week.
It hasn't changed to be fair, it's just the PS5 and VR2 now, but still I will try to get some close ups.

Last edited:
My setup is in my signature.

I think it's telling that as of right now, the overwhelming majority of people on this forum who voted in the poll use a wheel of some kind. Only 14 of 43 - so roughly 1/3rd - use a dual sense.

Last edited:
Latest configuration:

1) G29wheels, pedals with shifter and PSVR2 for driving
2) Controller and 65" LED for menu navigating, livery or photos sessions, and everything else.

I try to minimize using the VR2 headset, my eyes doesn't appreciate having stuff up close... But you can't beat the driving sensation with VR2....
I do a lot of psvr2 with gt7. I think it is just about the most amazing gaming experience I’ve ever had. Initially I would get a little sick but I seem to have built up a tolerance over time. If I do if for more than a couple of hours is does feel like I get a little eye strain.

Logitech G Pro wheel and pedals in PSVR2 for me!

The only thing that could add immersion would be a motion cockpit (and a physics update lol) but other than that it’s fantastic. The sensation of sitting in and driving a race car feels so real it’s quite something! Bravo Sony/PD/Logitech 🙌🏽

My setup is in my signature.

I think it's telling that as of right now, the overwhelming majority of people on this forum who voted in the poll use a wheel of some kind. Only 14 of 43 - so roughly 1/3rd - use a dual sense.
Winner-takes-all. Wheel vote split all over the place so DualSense is victorious. Democracy!

Mainly use Logitech G29 with D shaped suede wheel, also have the stock wheel, a 320mm leather wheel and GT3 style wheel. When I’m too tired to play or a race is too challenging I break out the dualsense because I can’t beat 20 years of muscle memory 😆

Do you race with “trueforce” enabled on the g923?
Yes, I do. I had a G29 which died of death and got the G923 as an anniversary present. For me personally it was a major difference and I have zero interest in going back. If I were to happen into a G Pro set of pedals & a wheel . . . I'd consider it. Mostly because of TrueForce (which I have on each of my current liveries I may add.)
Winner-takes-all. Wheel vote split all over the place so DualSense is victorious. Democracy!
Ah, but we need 50% +1 vote. Looks like we're headed to a run off . . . Democracy! :P
DD Pro with PSVR2.

A wheel with the PSVR2 is a game changing experience. I cannot race on a flat screen again and using the controller to drive has felt weird to me ever since my first wheel on the ps3.

Dd+ and psvr2.
Definitely the only way ill play racing games from here on out.
These two posts are absolutely me.

I started with a wheel for Gran Turismo 3 (A-spec) and have been a wheel driver ever since. I've had a PSVR2 for close to a year and I cannot play driving games the same way on flat screen.

If Gran Turismo 8/Sport 2/insert driving game here doesn't support VR? I'll keep playing GT7 until I find another VR alternative.

Did I miss something?
I know they released the t818 some time ago but it's not console compatible (neither with ps5 nor with the xbox series)
Yes you did 😊

[Edit]My bad I mixed with the new Logitech DD ;)

Last edited:
Did I miss something?
I know they released the t818 some time ago but it's not console compatible (neither with ps5 nor with the xbox series)
Well that would explain why it has zero votes. Sorry everyone I goofed up. I think it’s crazy that a company would spend all the R&D on a new direct drive system but not make it compatible for the most popular racing game on the planet. Thrustmaster you are leaving money on the table! :(

Yes, I do. I had a G29 which died of death and got the G923 as an anniversary present. For me personally it was a major difference and I have zero interest in going back. If I were to happen into a G Pro set of pedals & a wheel . . . I'd consider it. Mostly because of TrueForce (which I have on each of my current liveries I may add.)

Ah, but we need 50% +1 vote. Looks like we're headed to a run off . . . Democracy! :P

These two posts are absolutely me.

I started with a wheel for Gran Turismo 3 (A-spec) and have been a wheel driver ever since. I've had a PSVR2 for close to a year and I cannot play driving games the same way on flat screen.

If Gran Turismo 8/Sport 2/insert driving game here doesn't support VR? I'll keep playing GT7 until I find another VR alternative.
There is absolutely no way the next full GT game not support VR...
GT is the few games that will push for more sales of VR for Sony.

It has to be part of the portfolio.

Racing and VR has got to be the only way.

This morning for the first time, I try playing with the controller as if it was a steering wheel... Although doable and one can learn to be the best with it...
But I really failed to see why driving and playing in such a compromised way...

Steering and VR2 is the ultimate, for car guy persons... I don't see it any other way... (If you have the means)

Edit: for those who cannot get big screen or steering or VR2, for whatever your reason is, please don't feel bad. GT7 can still be fully enjoyed.
Be glad that Kaz ensured GT can be reached by lots of people and their implementation is the best for any types of input.

Last edited:
Back