Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
After SMS take over by Codemasters i do really hope we will see more fleshed out V8 Supercars class. It would be awesome :)

After SMS take over by Codemasters i do really hope we will see more fleshed out V8 Supercars class. It would be awesome :)

Agree it would be great but doesn't GRiID just have one supercar and one Ausie track? I think Codies left the BTCC, DTM and Supercars series long ago.

1. Real driver swap on multiplayer to do long race
2. More Cars:
  • IMSA DPi Cars
  • TCR Cars
  • Miata Cup
  • V8 Supercars
  • Formula (Mazda, 2,3,F3 Americas,4)
  • DTM or the old DTM from Project CARS 1
  • Keep the Project CARS 2 Cars + Project CARS 1
3. More Tracks:
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • VIRginia International Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Barber Motorsports Park
  • Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • St. Petersburg Street Circuit
  • Canadian Tire Motorsport Park or Honda Indy Toronto Street Circuit
  • Adelaide
  • More Ovals
4. Better Penalty System
  • Some type of Safty Car (VSC, FSC,Code 60)
  • Flag System
5. Keep The Online Championships and improve it
6. Online/Multiplayer
  • Possibility to create Teams
  • Some form of Custom Library Example (GT Sport)
  • Official Race Like for example (iRacing or GT Sports)

*if I think on something else I update my post

Updated 2/24/2020

A few random track and car suggestions:

An Offy 4 cylinder powered vintage Indy Car to go with the Lotus 38 V8 and (Offy 4 powered) Agajanian Watson Roadster already in the game - this would complete that class in my opinion.

Any period correct car would be OK - this is one of the "Liquid Suspension Specials", built with BMC funding to promote the Hydrolastic Suspension concept used on the Austin 1100 / 1300 and MG 1300 - they were surprisingly successful and long lived!

MG Indy 1.jpg

Classic Track suggestion - Reims France. An ultra high speed track in similar style to classic Spa and La Sarthe and steeped in history - many time host to the French Grand Prix and 12 hours of Reims Sports Car Race (the only endurance classic I can think of which started at midnight on a Saturday). To quote Graham Hill "It is the only race I know that starts in the dark and is quite the most electrifying start I think I've ever taken part in, or ever seen.

Although the track is no longer used, most of it is intact and available for scanning. Most of the trackside buildings have been preserved for posterity, therefore I am confident that SMS could do as good a job with this one as they did with classic Le Mans. Below main picture the track in 1964 and inset today.

Reims Photo 1.jpg

Ford Capri RS2600 - regulations allowed this to race at up to 3 litres capacity and the final race versions produced 325bhp. It is a natural fit with other cars in the current games GTA class such as the Porsche RS 2.8. Below Le Mans 1972.

Ford Capri RS2600 1972 Le Mans.jpg

Ford Capri RS2600 Brian Muir 1972 BSCC.jpg

Above Brian Muir 1972 in the Wiggins Teape sponsored RS2600 in the BSCC (BTCC).

What car is that sick?

Apologies - I got the year wrong - it was 1965 not 1964 - that car is the winning Ferrari 365 P2 driven by Pedro Rodriguez and Jean Guichet. Another 365 P2 was second (John Surtees and Mike Parkes). Ferrari took the first four places that year with 250 LM's coming 3rd and 4th.

A Ferrari 250 LM would be a good suggestion for PC3 / Revolution - it scored Ferrari's last overall win at Le Mans in 1965 and had a very long competition life. The win went to Masten Gregory and Jochen Rindt in car number 21.

Ferrari 250 LM.jpg

I would like to see more classic touring cars added to the game - if it was my choice I would pick one season from the '90's and one from the '60's. I would go with 1963 as it was a year of great change with the introduction of the 7 litre Ford Galaxie, the 1,071cc Mini Cooper S, the Cortina 1500 GT and the Ford Cortina Lotus Twin Cam.

1963 BSCC Background.jpg

Above BSCC (BTCC) 1963. Suggested cars for the game: Ford Galaxie 7 litre, Jaguar 3.8 MK2 saloon, Ford Cortina Lotus, Mini Cooper S, Ford Anglia Super 1200.

This selection would produce battles between the Galaxie, Jaguar and Cortina Lotus, then slightly further back the Mini v the Anglia. An alternative would be to drop the Cortina Lotus and Anglia and select the Cortina 1500 GT - this would have a pace more on a par with the Mini Cooper S.

One big advantage of selecting 1963 is that the Galaxie was also a big winner in NASCAR that year - 200 special lightweight Code R Galaxies were made most of which were destined for NASCAR, but 3 were sent to the UK. I think a 1963 NASCAR spec Galaxie could be a popular choice for the game.

1963 Ford Galaxie NASCAR Slide 6.jpg

Top Jack Sears (1963 BSCC Champ) lifts a wheel! Bottom left NASCAR action at Riverside circuit. Bottom middle Fred Lorenzen the dominant NASCAR driver from the period 1962-67. Bottom right red striped Willment Team Galaxie , Number 57 Alan Brown team car raced by Jim Clark. Clark won in the Galaxie at Brands on 5th August 1963 and set fastest lap; Sir Gawaine Baillie and Jack Sears were DNF's - the latter with a puncture.

Apologies - I got the year wrong - it was 1965 not 1964 - that car is the winning Ferrari 365 P2 driven by Pedro Rodriguez and Jean Guichet. Another 365 P2 was second (John Surtees and Mike Parkes). Ferrari took the first four places that year with 250 LM's coming 3rd and 4th.

A Ferrari 250 LM would be a good suggestion for PC3 / Revolution - it scored Ferrari's last overall win at Le Mans in 1965 and had a very long competition life. The win went to Masten Gregory and Jochen Rindt in car number 21.

View attachment 899699

I would like to see more classic touring cars added to the game - if it was my choice I would pick one season from the '90's and one from the '60's. I would go with 1963 as it was a year of great change with the introduction of the 7 litre Ford Galaxie, the 1,071cc Mini Cooper S, the Cortina 1500 GT and the Ford Cortina Lotus Twin Cam.

View attachment 899700

Above BSCC (BTCC) 1963. Suggested cars for the game: Ford Galaxie 7 litre, Jaguar 3.8 MK2 saloon, Ford Cortina Lotus, Mini Cooper S, Ford Anglia Super 1200.

This selection would produce battles between the Galaxie, Jaguar and Cortina Lotus, then slightly further back the Mini v the Anglia. An alternative would be to drop the Cortina Lotus and Anglia and select the Cortina 1500 GT - this would have a pace more on a par with the Mini Cooper S.

One big advantage of selecting 1963 is that the Galaxie was also a big winner in NASCAR that year - 200 special lightweight Code R Galaxies were made most of which were destined for NASCAR, but 3 were sent to the UK. I think a 1963 NASCAR spec Galaxie could be a popular choice for the game.

View attachment 899703

Top Jack Sears (1963 BSCC Champ) lifts a wheel! Bottom left NASCAR action at Riverside circuit. Bottom middle Fred Lorenzen the dominant NASCAR driver from the period 1962-67. Bottom right red striped Willment Team Galaxie , Number 57 Alan Brown team car raced by Jim Clark. Clark won in the Galaxie at Brands on 5th August 1963 and set fastest lap; Sir Gawaine Baillie and Jack Sears were DNF's - the latter with a puncture.
Hi sick, how you doing.. hope you don't mind me calling you by your 1st name hihi.
No need apologies lol, and thanks for a so good reply.
Yes me too I'd love to have more historic race cars, of all periods. As long as they are exciting to drive and hear.

Some groups of cars have just 1 or 2 cars to race together like the lotus f1 66.
I wish they could add like the eagle and cooper and ferrari with it.
Also cars like the cobra and the daytona would be fun, just give me great sound lol pls oh pls Ian i beg you. Especially on ps5 hope it can be fantastic as real in all views and tv replay. Hehe i know i repeat this alot. Seems the lower pitched engines sound better and the high pitched ones are harder to replicate, like many of the ferraris, i can't even take it to drive the 333s because of the this. So i prefer the Astons and Mclarens like 570, 720, etc..

And historic tracks, i love snetterton( i mean rouen les essarts, not snetterton sorry) with that countryside road feel. Kinda feels like a rally a little. Just did a race on it with the dbr1, such nice ride, and looks so sweet too in pc2. Just her skinny tires don't like at all those white round curbs lining the side of that track hehe. Love the near disaster close calls in the end of curves with hay bails around the light posts, almost losing it after going on the side of the track. Fun with any car too, like the modern Aston Martins too.

Also tracks like Lacombe, i think was you who mentioned it.
Maybe the old Nordschleife, i think i had that as a mod in gplegends. Also loved gtlegends long ago.

That 250 lm back half from the side reminds me a little of the old ford gt.
Or is that still a 365? How come it seems to look the same as the 250 lm pic?
Good older pics there, i remember that old jag, not sure in which game. Maybe it was in gtl or pc1.

I tried the ferrari 250 gt too, nice to see older style leather gloves, and i noticed less sound proofing in the cockpit.
But i also love modern top sport supercars, especially with aids off.

EDIT: aww i meant rouen les essarts, not snetterton.

Last edited:
1. More Cars:
  • IMSA DPi Cars
  • TCR Cars
  • Miata Cup
  • V8 Supercars
  • Formula (Mazda, 2,3,F3 Americas,4)
  • DTM or the old DTM from Project CARS 1
  • Keep the Project CARS 2 Cars + Project CARS 1
2. More Tracks:
  • Sebring International Raceway
  • VIRginia International Raceway
  • Road Atlanta
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Barber Motorsports Park
  • Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
  • Tsukuba Circuit
  • St. Petersburg Street Circuit
  • Canadian Tire Motorsport Park or Honda Indy Toronto Street Circuit
  • Adelaide
  • More Ovals
3. Better Penalty System
  • Some type of Safty Car (VSC, FSC,Code 60)
  • Flag System
4. Online/Multiplayer
  • Possibility to create Teams
  • Real driver swap on multiplayer to do long race **Most Important
  • Keep The Online Championships and improve it
  • Some form of Custom Library Example (GT Sport)
  • Official Race Like for example (iRacing or GT Sports)
  • The Possibility of doing Lobby with default set up but you can choose what Tire & Gas you want.

*if I think on something else I update my post

Updated 04/01/2020

Like to see before what hand what are going on the car when doing a pitstop.
Information on what tyres the cars around you are on.
Correct tyre choice when leaving the pit & not the default HS.
Text boxes the same length as text in the box and not 1 mile bigger.

Last edited:
A championship fully customisable cars and tracks with the ability to choose where they start on the grid for each race and a reliability settings for each car on the grid in terms of DNF.

I want cars to catch fire when they over heat and better damage model and oil on the race track more flag rules with penaltys for AI cars.

A pit lane more friendly for PlayStation and Xbox and more racing between AI cars and more cars that have same range of horsepower.

Add race tracks to the game that have been long since demolished.

Not sure if mentioned, however International Race Of Champions series from 1974 to 2006. I enjoyed watching those races with top drivers from different racing series competing all in identical cars (except color scheme) and I believe mostly same set-ups.

On side note port all the PC2 cars and tracks to Automobilsta 2 and there ya go we could more or less have PC3.

I think a simple livery editor would be good.
quick livery schemes, change colors from generous selection, mix n match from generous amount of decals. Just saying because PC2 liveries in general are not that exciting.

Last edited:
I don`t think we've had it any car game yet? But i`d like to see windscreens getting dirty and you have to use your washer fluid and wipers to clear it, that`s a must in everyday driving in real life...maybe next gen games could have that feature...

Back