PS3 or Xbox?F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Vaxxtx
  • 102 comments
PC version is fine, I'm using a HD5870 and a i7-950 both overclocked a bit (high end pc from one year ago) and game is running at 59-60 fps on personalize setup, high on everything, 8 x MSAA no problem at all. Really smooth. I couldnt take the ultra settings tho, because it was dropping at 34 fps at some points on Monaco.
So you think maybe I can run medium settings (hoping)?

Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz Socket AM2
Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB

PC is almost always the best platform for multiplatform games, especially true with racing games. Though obviously it depends on what your PC is made of. It would seem that between the consoles however the best for this game is Xbox.

Seen this on PS3. I'm shocked TBH. Nowhere near the Xbox version. False advertising Codies.

Thing is, you can't patch it up that much...you'd have to partially re-write the engine and replace lots of data. So chances are slim when it comes to making it even. :grumpy:

I just tried out the ps3 version and it looks kinda poor too my eyes I am shocked cause Dirt 3 is just pure win on the PS3. The stutter coming out of the pit is quite bad. I'm glad I didnt have to pay for this version to try it out. I'm thinking I would prefer the PC version atm

Btw, PC or PS3 is usually what I'd go with because most powerful wheels on those platforms (CSW or T500rS). But once CSR Elite comes out for xbox 360 it will be more up to speed in my eyes

PC is almost always the best platform for multiplatform games, especially true with racing games. Though obviously it depends on what your PC is made of. It would seem that between the consoles however the best for this game is Xbox.

Yeah I'd go with PC over both consoles but if I had to pick my guess would be xbox. I always choose xbox over ps3 for console games. Only use ps3 for exclusives made for it. Only game I'd choose over xbox for my ps3 would be Final Fantasy for the high quality content on the blue ray (1 blue ray > 3 xbox discs)

Last edited:
Having both a PS3 and Xbox can be a dilemma when choosing a race game. We have several (5) PC's that are Intel i7's running from 6 gigs of DDR3 up to 16 gigs. So I purchased F1 2011 for the PC, much better offering then either the PS3 or Xbox.

Back