PS4 users, has all the criticism about GT7 performance dissuaded you from upgrading your console?

• Thread starter zortation
  • 78 comments

PS4 owners, is this game holding you back from upgrading to a PS5?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters
So your issue is profit, you must be some corporate scum bag to think only retailers have a right to resell for profits, or a communist who thinks nothing should ever be sold at a profit. By that logic, labor should be reduced to the calories required to do the work and the food required to replenish it!

I wouldn't be contributing to the shortage at all if I bought the console, him abusing the code seven times is .

There is nothing wrong with "scalping", in fact, scalping is a result of inadequately low market prices which is caused by sony selling the console at a ****ing loss, which is predatory pricing. The only reason Sony get's away with it is because they are competing against a larger company.

The "Scalping" term comes from stock sales, which is perfectly legal per SEC regulation if you own less than 10% of a company.

"Scalping is a trading style that specializes in profiting off of small price changes and making a fast profit off reselling."

Do big-box chains not buy X product in bulk, or take advantage using algorithms in dip's in prices to stock up their warehouses only to make marginal gains by selling said product? Yes they do, logistics and currency exchange markets are trillion-dollar industries.

Oh, maybe you mean "scalping", as in the word that was appropriated by the collecting/ sports game world?

The activity of buying things, such as theatre tickets or desired collectibles, at the usual price and then selling them when they are difficult to get at higher prices.

Is this not what gold is silver/crypto/real estate investing is? Buying low when demand or supply is high, holding onto the item, and then selling it for a high price? I have a couple of friends who make money buying seasonal items at a discount or off-season and reselling them during the season when demand is highest .. bloody scalpers! Oh, the collecting world HATES, scalpers, but part of the whole collecting world craze is chase pieces/ limited run items. No one wants to collect anything if everything is readily available, and further, You should be forced to sell your rare chase pieces for MSRP because selling them for any sort of gain, is by definition, scalping.

Or do you have an issue with making quick money for little effort, you must hate car dealerships, literally buy the car and turn around and jack the price up a few grand.

TLRD You have no credibility, go picket outside of Walmart and tell them to stop "scalping" and demand every single retailer sell directly to customers. We live in 2022 where the middle man is no longer needed, all you need is a manufacturer and a shipping company. OH wait, if we did that millions of jobs would get lost, but most importantly, these rich companies would probably kick you off their property, and no one would take you seriously if you promised legislation to stop this.

You are just another person who is parroting a poorly formed classist opinion ( which you have no idea is classist because you haven't put much thought into it) which states poor people shouldn't be able to make money unless they do it " properly". To back this up, you even told me to get a better job! Yes, chump, I'm going to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars and a few decades to start a "legitimate" business only so I can buy a product in bulk to make money so R16000 turbo can approve of my Legal money making methods. My parents ran a business they started from scratch. much of what you call scalping is laughable when every business does it on a much larger scale.

The fact is, once I buy ANYTHING LEGALLY, it is mine to do so as I please within legal limits, you can not alienate me from my property rights just because you have a classist worldview where only big businesses with large sums of capital are entitled to sell.

Further, you will get slaughtered if you try to argue scalping is immoral unless you are willing to concede all profit is immoral, refer back to the top if that is your take.

As a young lawyer who could afford to buy 10 PS5s for 800$ without breaking a sweat, hat's off to the kid smart enough to resell a Ps5 he finds at Walmart, if he finds two he can pretty much get a free ps5. I'd gladly pay 800$ just so that kid keeps hustlin.

Making money is not just for who you think is entitled to make it .
Your post try’s to sound sanctimonious but it’s actually just perverse you portray scalping as the little guy making a profit when in reality scalping is about the little guy being exploited with over priced goods.This cannot be compared to trading precious metals or Crypto because those things have perpetual profit potential meaning they may be worth more in the long term than they are today conversely the PS5 value over the long term is guaranteed to go down not up.Scalping is more akin to buying up all the toilet paper during the Pandemic then selling it back to us for £50 per roll it’s just pure greed.A quick look at EBay shows PS5’s with 100 % markup and £207 plastic Swatch watches with Omega branding listed at £3000.The only thing which doesn’t surprise me is the blood sucking lawyer defending this ****!

Your post try’s to sound sanctimonious but it’s actually just perverse you portray scalping as the little guy making a profit when in reality scalping is about the little guy being exploited with over priced goods.This cannot be compared to trading precious metals or Crypto because those things have perpetual profit potential meaning they may be worth more in the long term than they are today conversely the PS5 value over the long term is guaranteed to go down not up.Scalping is more akin to buying up all the toilet paper during the Pandemic then selling it back to us for £50 per roll it’s just pure greed.A quick look at EBay shows PS5’s with 100 % markup and £207 plastic Swatch watches with Omega branding listed at £3000.The only thing which doesn’t surprise me is the blood sucking lawyer defending this ****!
Hmm. I’m kinda on the fence in this debate. Toilet paper is a necessity, a PS5 isn’t. It’s not hard to ignore the scalpers and stick with a PS4 for a bit.

I blame Sony for this situation more than I blame scalpers.

The load times alone, after a few hours on PS5 youll never go back to a PS4 game.

Iv found online works well on PS5(NA market) its the broken penalty system that ruins it.
The load times do have me thinking about it. I work a tight job/sleep schedule and I could definitely do with getting back those lost minutes!

Saying that, I'll be buying a new 4k TV at the same time so it's not just a case of buying the console.

On a sidenote, how are people generally coping with the transition from DS4 to DualSense? With the focus being on this game, I'm a little scared my controller skills aren't going to be maintained when I change.

Load times don't bother me, PS4 is doing a sound job, don't have huge amount of money to chuck at a PS5 just for better graphics and a bit quicker loading, I'd want way more than that performance wise to even think of changing up. Besides its too expensive anyway, give it a couple of years and the price will be half what it is now.

Last edited:
You can’t get the PlayStation 4 either at the moment
Well I grabbed a Pro for 180 off eBay. Got lucky a month ago.

I'm actually waiting for a RTX 3070ti for ETS2/ATS and Snowrunner..... May be a long wait.

But essentially I got it JUST for GT7.
.....It better improve or it will be back on eBay ...!

Last edited:
R3V
I used to have a PS4 pro (with an SSD) at my PC desk and PS5 on my TV. The loading times made me buy a second PS5.

edit

How do you people not have PS5 in stock? There's been ample stock here since last year. If you need one shipped I'll charge 20% :P

edit again

It's at EMEA MSRP price but bundled with a controller/game + sales tax in case anyone asks. Also I am joking and cbf to ship anything.

edit v3

Loading times of GT7 PS4 version specifically.
I agree the loading time is worth the cost of entry.

I'm so used to PC games running from an Nvme... 30 to 40 seconds to load a race is utter torture.

Once PS5s come down in price to maybe 300 bucks, my PS4 may become a blu ray/media streamer / player in a different room instead ... notwithstanding the fact that it MUST be the fUgliest thing I have EVER seen .....

Last edited:
Every one ******** on my take just ignores the fact a new ps4 pro goes for more than it did MSRP on ebay , my ps4 which I paid 200$ for , goes for about 50$ more on ebay.

Every single car dealership is selling cars above MSRP .

And as stated above , No this is not " toilet paper" , a ps5 is a luxury item as are toy cars. Toiletpaper is not.

And no , the little guy is not loosing , 99% of " scalerps " by R1600's own words , are dudes working 9 - 5's .

I bought a ps5 for gt7 and I bought it before gt7 launch and sold my ps4 ..

In hindsight was it a bad idea? Maybe...
Because the video game store was offering $325 trade in for the PS4 pro this past fall, I traded it in with the assumption that the PS5 would be worth $175 ($225 if you include 10% tax) to upgrade. And that's after owning the Pro for 3 years. Otherwise I would not have been motivated to make the jump. Everything the "new" generation is doing (in concept) is so similar to what we had on the past generation (Gran Turismo, Horizon, Ratchet, Spiderman, Sacboy) I would not have upgraded otherwise.

Every one ******** on my take just ignores the fact a new ps4 pro goes for more than it did MSRP on ebay , my ps4 which I paid 200$ for , goes for about 50$ more on ebay.

Every single car dealership is selling cars above MSRP .

And as stated above , No this is not " toilet paper" , a ps5 is a luxury item as are toy cars. Toiletpaper is not.

And no , the little guy is not loosing , 99% of " scalerps " by R1600's own words , are dudes working 9 - 5's .
The difference between a scalper and Walmart is at least Walmart provides some kind of service. You walk into Walmart and all the things you want are likely in that one convenient place. Yes, they're a middleman raising prices for profit, and yes, I hate Walmart too. But at least they have provided something. This goes for other stores, online stores, etc.

A scalper provides nothing. They go into Walmart, buy the item so others cannot, and then sell it for an extremely high price later. It's made buying the item an inconvenience as well as more expensive. It's objectively worse for the buyer in every single way.

Defending your actions by saying "But Walmart does it too!" is not only wrong, but it makes you look bad even if it was true. We all know how bad Walmart, Amazon, etc. are as corporations. Are you proud to be on their level?

Not at all, I play more than GT. over 200 games in my library. Constants are GT, COD and Borderlands. Was loving borderlands 3 but my save corrupted after completing all the game and dlc twice as you get a higher difficulty after completing the first play through. No way I’m going through that again. I should also add I had done it with all four characters so eight play throughs.

Also will only buy when I can walk in and buy two. I have a games room with 70 inch Sony so I’m perfectly 😊
wifes a gamer too so I’ll be waiting till I can just walk in and buy two. Looking forward to it, the new triggers sound amazing if they work as Sony say.

Last edited:
Was really eager to get a PS5 at or before launch because I thought the PS4 version would have some serious compromises but after playing it on PS4 for a while my only real complaint is the load times so I will upgrade to an SSD for the time being. Unless some really tempting PS5 exclusive games show up I will probably hold off on the PS5 till they make a "slim" version.

My son got two "invites" to buy a PS5, one from Sony, though I do not remember where second was from. I also got an invite from Sony. I had to decline that as well as the one my son didn't use even though all of them were retail price. I've got a couple grand in car repairs coming up, and $500 is just too much.

I'm weary of the GT7 load times on my PS4, but am coping with it!

My PS4 sounded like a 747 on take-off so I'm glad I got a PS5. I do like the zero load times aspect. Plus, higher resolution.
It is probably the fan because the PS4 is getting to hot or it is coming to the end of its life the ps4

I have the basic ps4 and it is working perfectly, the loading time are as usual and I dont need a ps5 only for quicker loading or better image during replay😀I always bought new console when needed for a new game..then ps5 is not for tomorrow morning😂

If GT7 gets to provide good integration with PSVR2, that could provoke me into actually looking for a PS5.

Meanwhile, my PS4 Pro with its external SSD provides an enjoyable experience with acceptable load times.

For me, faster load times are a far smaller benefit than virtual reality.

Back