PS4 users, has all the criticism about GT7 performance dissuaded you from upgrading your console?

• Thread starter zortation
  • 78 comments

PS4 owners, is this game holding you back from upgrading to a PS5?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters
Im not put off upgrading, it just isn't on my radar financially at the moment. My PS4 pro is running fine, i maintain it. Load times are annoying but I got the time to wait for that. I haven't had any real issues in lobbies that weren't related to the dodgy PSN connections instead of the console.

My goal will be to start saving and looking for possibly mid to late next year. I'm more aiming at playing with others. I was annoyed they made GT7 a cross Gen game, but I understand. I would have been fine fine slog away on sport with the promise of a higher grade experience once I upgraded.
That said, I'm still having fun

I have had 3 PlayStation direct emails sent to me, never bothered buying, although you know what, if I get a note one I WILL scalp it because based on what I have seen, apparently, it's ok to use those links to buy for family and friends, but god forbid I make 300$ during some of the worse inflation we have ever seen.
And people like you are the problem. If you want to make more money, get a better job.

And people like you are the problem. If you want to make more money, get a better job.
But the guy above who said he bought SEVEN using the PSN direct for his palls isn't? That code is for YOU, not for family and friends.\
Also, anyone who thinks they can tell me how I can and can't make money legally can go eat a big fat glizzy .

But the guy above who said he bought SEVEN using the PSN direct for his palls isn't? That code is for YOU, not for family and friends.\
Also, anyone who thinks they can tell me how I can and can't make money legally can go eat a big fat glizzy .
Yet I'm sure they paid for them at retail. He's not flipping them at $800 to his family members. Buying them from there to flip on Facebook Marketplace for that kind of money makes YOU the problem. So kindly eat your own big fat glizzy.

Currently playing on a PS4 Slim on a Sony 40 inch 1080P TV with a Sony soundbar 😎 will upgrade to 4k TV and PS5 when prices are “normal” in the meantime i’m enjoying the game ✌🏻

I have PS4 and I have no problem with GT7, is just a little bit slow to load the event, everything ok on multiplayer.

I'm on a base PS4 and I'm having a great time. I guess I've gotten used to the longer loading times so it doesn't bother me and it gives me a moment to breathe before a race anyway. I'm actually switching to Xbox for next gen, due to Sony policies and their vision for what they want looking ahead, and aside from Horizon FW, there's absolutely nothing I need in the future. I'm happy with GT7 now and don't need anything more.

Yet I'm sure they paid for them at retail. He's not flipping them at $800 to his family members. Buying them from there to flip on Facebook Marketplace for that kind of money makes YOU the problem. So kindly eat your own big fat glizzy.
So your issue is profit, you must be some corporate scum bag to think only retailers have a right to resell for profits, or a communist who thinks nothing should ever be sold at a profit. By that logic, labor should be reduced to the calories required to do the work and the food required to replenish it!

I wouldn't be contributing to the shortage at all if I bought the console, him abusing the code seven times is .

There is nothing wrong with "scalping", in fact, scalping is a result of inadequately low market prices which is caused by sony selling the console at a ****ing loss, which is predatory pricing. The only reason Sony get's away with it is because they are competing against a larger company.

The "Scalping" term comes from stock sales, which is perfectly legal per SEC regulation if you own less than 10% of a company.

"Scalping is a trading style that specializes in profiting off of small price changes and making a fast profit off reselling."

Do big-box chains not buy X product in bulk, or take advantage using algorithms in dip's in prices to stock up their warehouses only to make marginal gains by selling said product? Yes they do, logistics and currency exchange markets are trillion-dollar industries.

Oh, maybe you mean "scalping", as in the word that was appropriated by the collecting/ sports game world?

The activity of buying things, such as theatre tickets or desired collectibles, at the usual price and then selling them when they are difficult to get at higher prices.

Is this not what gold is silver/crypto/real estate investing is? Buying low when demand or supply is high, holding onto the item, and then selling it for a high price? I have a couple of friends who make money buying seasonal items at a discount or off-season and reselling them during the season when demand is highest .. bloody scalpers! Oh, the collecting world HATES, scalpers, but part of the whole collecting world craze is chase pieces/ limited run items. No one wants to collect anything if everything is readily available, and further, You should be forced to sell your rare chase pieces for MSRP because selling them for any sort of gain, is by definition, scalping.

Or do you have an issue with making quick money for little effort, you must hate car dealerships, literally buy the car and turn around and jack the price up a few grand.

TLRD You have no credibility, go picket outside of Walmart and tell them to stop "scalping" and demand every single retailer sell directly to customers. We live in 2022 where the middle man is no longer needed, all you need is a manufacturer and a shipping company. OH wait, if we did that millions of jobs would get lost, but most importantly, these rich companies would probably kick you off their property, and no one would take you seriously if you promised legislation to stop this.

You are just another person who is parroting a poorly formed classist opinion ( which you have no idea is classist because you haven't put much thought into it) which states poor people shouldn't be able to make money unless they do it " properly". To back this up, you even told me to get a better job! Yes, chump, I'm going to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars and a few decades to start a "legitimate" business only so I can buy a product in bulk to make money so R16000 turbo can approve of my Legal money making methods. My parents ran a business they started from scratch. much of what you call scalping is laughable when every business does it on a much larger scale.

The fact is, once I buy ANYTHING LEGALLY, it is mine to do so as I please within legal limits, you can not alienate me from my property rights just because you have a classist worldview where only big businesses with large sums of capital are entitled to sell.

Further, you will get slaughtered if you try to argue scalping is immoral unless you are willing to concede all profit is immoral, refer back to the top if that is your take.

As a young lawyer who could afford to buy 10 PS5s for 800$ without breaking a sweat, hat's off to the kid smart enough to resell a Ps5 he finds at Walmart, if he finds two he can pretty much get a free ps5. I'd gladly pay 800$ just so that kid keeps hustlin.

Making money is not just for who you think is entitled to make it .

Last edited:
So your issue is profit, you must be some corporate scum bag to think only retailers have a right to resell for profits, or a communist who thinks nothing should ever be sold at a profit, by that logic labor should be reduced to the calories required to do the work and the food required to replenish it!
I wouldn't be contributing to the shortage at all if I bought the console, him abusing the code seven times is. .

There is nothing wrong with "scalping", in fact, scalping is a result of inadequately low market prices ( sony sells the console at a ****ing loss, which is predatory pricing, the only reason Sony get's away with it is because they are competing against a larger company), Further, the term comes from stock sales.

" Scalping is a trading style that specializes in profiting off of small price changes and making a fast profit off reselling."

Do big-box chains not buy X product in bulk, or take advantage using algorithms in dip's in prices to stock up their warehouses, (yes they do, logistics and currency exchange markest are trillion-dollar industries), and make marginal gains on selling said product ?

Oh, maybe you mean "scalping", as in the word that was appropriated by the collecting/ sports game world?

The activity of buying things, such as theatre tickets, at the usual price and then selling them when they are difficult to get at higher prices.

Is this not what gold is silver/crypto/real estate investing is ? Buying low when demand or supply is high, holding onto the item, and then selling it for a high price? I have a couple of friends who make money buying seasonal items at a discount or off-season and reselling them during the season when demand is highest .. bloody scalpers!

Or do you have an issue with making quick money for little effort, you must hate car dealerships, literally buy the car and turn around and jack the price up a few grand.

TLRD You have no credibility, go picket outside of Walmart and tell them to stop "scalping" and demand every single retailer sell directly to customers. We live in 2022 where the middle man is no longer needed, all you need is a manufacturer and a shipping company. OH wait, if we did that millions of jobs would get lost, but most importantly, these rich companies would probably kick you off their property, and no one would take you seriously if you promised legislation to stop this.

You are just another person who is parroting a poorly formed classist opinion ( which you have no idea is classist because you haven't put much thought into it) which states poor people shouldn't be able to make money unless they do it " properly". To back this up, you even told me to get a better job! Yes, chump, I'm going to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars and a few decades to start a "legitimate" business only so I can buy a product in bulk to make money so R16000 turbo can approve of my Legal money making methods.

Once I buy ANYTHING LEGALLY, it is mine, you can not alienate me from my property rights just because you have a classist worldview where only big businesses with large sums of capital are entitled to sell.

Further, as a young lawyer who could afford to buy 10 PS5s for 800$ without breaking a sweat, hat's off to the kid smart enough to resell a Ps5 he finds at Walmart, if he finds two he can pretty much get a free ps5. I'd gladly pay 800$ just so that kid keeps hustlin.

Making money is not just for who you think is entitled to make it .
TLDR

I don't care what your story is. If you buy things to resell for a profit, I despise people like you more than anyone else. So do me a favor and block me because I really don't care to associate with people like you.

Last edited:
TLDR

I don't care what your story is. If you buy things to resell for a profit, I despise people like you more than anyone else. So do me a favor and block me because I really don't care to associate with people like you.
Found the guy without any logic to back his poorly formulated opinion. You heard it, folks, everyone who buys things to resell for a profit is a bad person. Anyone who owns a business that sells items works in any form of banking, trading, cars sales, owns any form of the retirement investment plan, stocks, securities etc. All bad people.

At least you didn't out yourself as a classist, just a prejudiced tosser.

Found the guy without any logic to back his poorly formulated opinion.
I USED to collect diecast cars. I cannot do so anymore because scalpers buy up everything before it hits store shelves and then throw them on eBay for 10x the price. It has ruined collecting for me altogether. I have officially given up on it, which is unfortunate. How's that LOGIC for you?

You heard it, folks, everyone who buys things to resell for a profit is a bad person.
The worst.

Anyone who owns a business that sells items works in any form of banking, trading, cars sales, owns any form of the retirement investment plan, stocks, securities etc. All bad people.
That's not even close to the same thing. Come on now man, you're reaching because you have no argument.

At least you didn't out yourself as a classist, just a prejudiced tosser.
Better than a scalper that preys on people to make a profit. Just straight scum.

I bought a ps5 for gt7 and I bought it before gt7 launch and sold my ps4 ..

In hindsight was it a bad idea? Maybe...

Do Walmart scalp? No because if they were scalping they would put the price up over the rrp...

Walmart take bulk stock and distribute the product as any retailer does. They provide a safe place to buy the product and deal with returns etc. At least retailers do in the uk. Do scalpers provide this service?

If someone is moronic enough to think they are scalping they need to have a word with themselves.

Playing on a PS5 i didn't see any performance issue, an online was good, there's also some difference in graphics in gameplay, replay's and IU in graphics mode are nice with the ray tracing, screen seem crisper in full 4K compared to 1800p checkerboard of PS4PRO and load times are a big difference , console is also really Silent comparing to old Gen.

Tryed also other PS4 games, and it makes difference in performance and loading also compared to PS4 Pro.

I USED to collect diecast cars. I cannot do so anymore because scalpers buy up everything before it hits store shelves and then throw them on eBay for 10x the price. It has ruined collecting for me altogether. I have officially given up on it, which is unfortunate. How's that LOGIC for you?

The worst.

That's not even close to the same thing. Come on now man, you're reaching because you have no argument.

Better than a scalper that preys on people to make a profit. Just straight scum.
You haven't formulated any argument, and yes my dude, it is the same.

People who own businesses, buy thousands of items, and resell them for profits, I'll gladly take a point and call you stupid for stating that's not the same thing. My parents buy items, stock the store, and resell items, for a profit.

People who sell cars buy them from the manufacturer, and resell it to you and i for a PROFIT.
People who buy and trade stocks, buy a stock for a low price and sell it for a high price for, PROFIT.
All investment plans are based on stocks/bonds and work by buying and selling stocks.
Securities, although not all are stocks, securities are also bought with the sole intent of being resold later on .. for profit.

Also, I have over, 10,000 diecast car's. I buy 95% of them from the store, the remaining 4% I trade, and about 1% I buy off a local hobby shop that sells everything at mark up from MSRP, which saves me gas money hunting.

If you expect to walk in willy nilly and find everything you are looking for, you just don't understand the hobby.

I bought a ps5 for gt7 and I bought it before gt7 launch and sold my ps4 ..

In hindsight was it a bad idea? Maybe...

Do Walmart scalp? No because if they were scalping they would put the price up over the rrp...

Walmart take bulk stock and distribute the product as any retailer does. They provide a safe place to buy the product and deal with returns etc. At least retailers do in the uk. Do scalpers provide this service?

If someone is moronic enough to think they are scalping they need to have a word with themselves.
Considering Walmart has exclusive access to a lower price, can refuse to sell you a console that is on the floor ( plenty of youtube videos demonstrating this) , and sell them for higher than what they paid for.

Again, Scalping has two definitions, Walmart falls under both of them, the only differentiating factor is Walmart is a multi-billion dollar corporation with direct access to the retailer.

The whole MSRP argument is also flawed, Walmart can sell it lower than MSRP, Walmart sells hundreds of items lower than MSRP, the only reason they DON't go over MSRP is that the company selling it to them has a contract with them that states they will sell it at that MSRP. For the longest time Walmart sold Greymarket goods Mom and pop electronics stores often don't have such MSRP limits and they have historically sold over "MSRP" , and a lot of big-box companies sell grey market items above their MSRP, ( this is how Albertsons get away with selling Hotwheels for 1.25 , they buy car's designated for sale in Mexico from Soryana who almost always has excess boxes, Albertsons does not have to follow any binding contract to sells at MSRP once it buys it from them. ) Virtual every dollar store you use has grey market items being sold to us for cheap prices, but that product was intended for a non-domestic market and is being bought at for 20c MSRP local cost, shipped, and resold for 1$.

Anyone who has ever taken an international business law class will laugh at you guys claiming companies do not buy and sell items for profits . If you guy's want I can take pictures of household items I have right now not designated for sale in the united states, as grey market items. TLRD the business bought an item MSRP in Mexico/Morroco/Gana/Mali/Spain and resold it here for PROFIT.

There is a youtube channel dedicated to a guy who buys lightbulbs at dollar general which are all items dollar general bought from overseas at their MSRP and is selling here for a profit, EG scalping.

TLRD , I win, you lose, and here is an interesting article on Walmart, buying and selling grey market goods. https://www.diyphotography.net/coup...ikon-says-its-gray-market-and-wont-repair-it/

Last edited:
People who own businesses, buy thousands of items, and resell them for profits, I'll gladly take a point and call you stupid for stating that's not the same thing. My parents buy items, stock the store, and resell items, for a profit.
It's NOT the same thing. Scalpers are people that do not work in retail or own a retail store. They are an average Joe working 9-5 at some random job. To make money on the side they buy popular things from retail stores like you and me, and they try to resell them for a profit. How you cannot distinguish the difference between the two is mind blowing. It's clear to me that your skull is too thick to comprehend. We're done here.

If you expect to walk in willy nilly and find everything you are looking for, you just don't understand the hobby.

I've been collecting for 25 years. Don't even begin to tell me I don't understand the hobby dude.

Last edited:
Considering Walmart has exclusive access to a lower price, can refuse to sell you a console that is on the floor ( plenty of youtube videos demonstrating this) , and sell them for higher than what they paid for.

Again, Scalping has two definitions, Walmart falls under both of them, the only differentiating factor is Walmart is a multi-billion dollar corporation with direct access to the retailer.

The whole MSRP argument is also flawed, Walmart can sell it lower than MSRP, Walmart sells hundreds of items lower than MSRP, the only reason they DON't go over MSRP is that the company selling it to them has a contract with them that states they will sell it at that MSRP. For the longest time Walmart sold Greymarket goods Mom and pop electronics stores often don't have such MSRP limits and they have historically sold over "MSRP" , and a lot of big-box companies sell grey market items above their MSRP, ( this is how Albertsons get away with selling Hotwheels for 1.25 , they buy car's designated for sale in Mexico from Soryana who almost always has excess boxes, Albertsons does not have to follow any binding contract to sells at MSRP once it buys it from them. ) Virtual every dollar store you use has grey market items being sold to us for cheap prices, but that product was intended for a non-domestic market and is being bought at for 20c MSRP local cost, shipped, and resold for 1$.

Anyone who has ever taken an international business law class will laugh at you guys claiming companies do not buy and sell items for profits . If you guy's want I can take pictures of household items I have right now not designated for sale in the united states, as grey market items. TLRD the business bought an item MSRP in Mexico/Morroco/Gana/Mali/Spain and resold it here for PROFIT.

There is a youtube channel dedicated to a guy who buys lightbulbs at dollar general which are all items dollar general bought from overseas at their MSRP and is selling here for a profit, EG scalping.

TLRD , I win, you lose, and here is an interesting article on Walmart, buying and selling grey market goods. https://www.diyphotography.net/coup...ikon-says-its-gray-market-and-wont-repair-it/

A recent example of retailers not following RRP, is the Nvidia 30xx chips. Well established resellers (so not just recent dubious popup sites) were all selling the chips for at least double rrp for extended periods, when they had any in stock for brief periods.

Now appears to be settling down again on that front, 2 years or so later.

I assume MS and Sony dictate prices to retailers?

It's NOT the same thing. Scalpers are people that do not work in retail or own a retail store. They are an average Joe working 9-5 at some random job. To make money on the side they buy popular things from retail stores like you and me, and they try to resell them for a profit. How you cannot distinguish the difference between the two is mind blowing. It's clear to me that your skull is too thick to comprehend. We're done here.

I've been collecting for 25 years. Don't even begin to tell me I don't understand the hobby dude.
Oh so YOU ARE a classist! Only people rich enough to afford to own a retail store have the right to buy and resell goods for a profit, if you aren't you can only sell an item you own for MSRP or less.

So tell me , genius, Are people who own amazon stores and eBay stores, the scum of the earth, they don't own a retail store, or work in retail, they pretty much decided to start buying items and reselling them.

Also, no rebuttal on the buying of stocks, real estate, or car's to resell.

This further cement my opinion that you are classist, because a ps5 costs 500$, and the others, require significant capital/ market knowledge to buy and trade.

Actually, no, you are classist, you have shown disdain for people who work 9-6, told me to get a better job, etc.

Also, now you have moved the goal post, So it IS ok to buy and sell things for a profit, as long as you have money and do it in bulk.

And, no you don't know the hobby, and clearly, not a part of MY community, if you haven't found friends to trade with. I just sent a bunch of gnarly customs to my friend in Florida who sent me back a nice stack of Matchbox Nismo GTRs, not a dollar was exchanged. Absolutely despise selfish collectors who refuse to trade, and just buy everything, the "worse " /s

I assume MS and Sony dictate prices to retailers?
Per the contract, if at all, The vendor agrees to sell the merchant goods as long as the goods are sold at an MSRP.

Bulk buyers such as target and Walmart usually do agree to be bound by the MSRP which ensures their priority, a lot of companies do not have binding contracts but still sell it at the MSRP to keep good faith with customers.

After all, MSRP means Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price, it is not a price ceiling.

I'm laughing at these piss poor takes, not a single car dealer here is selling cars at MSRP, they are doing the same thing these guys are condemning small guys for doing, but at a much larger scale.

I'm at least consistent, I think making profits off your own property is ok. People are scalping because the economy is fundamentally borked for the lower-income strata, and IDIOTS has this crab in a bucket mentality. If your only hand up is reselling ****, take it, **** the idiots saying get a better job. There is no retail job that will help you economically grow, especially not during this inflation, it will at best sustain you. What you are doing is not illegal, what you are doing is not immoral, what you are doing just irks smug classist pricks who can't stand seeing a person find a glimmer of light because their precious little hobby cost more. Boo who, you have to pay more for a PlayStation and matchbox car and because a guy, had the drive, and motivation, to wake up earlier than you and search 10x20 more stores than you. Oh, you CAN'T do that, you have a job? Well, then Mr. I have a better job guy, pay more, you can afford it. But are totally fine with your local dealership screwing you five ways till Sunday by selling you a car 5k-20k over MSRP and then paying predatory interest ( which has been going on for half a century) . " it's not the same, you just aren't rich like them ". The whole GameStop debacle proved me right, suddenly what the GameStop guys were doing was bad, god forbid a 9-5 guy beats some investment fund guy.

I can bet my life the two guy's had no idea grey market products were a thing, imagine their shock to discover retail stores, and big-box chains, buy items in foreign countries, for their local MSRP, only to resell them to unsuspecting Americans for a PROFIT! . Every god dang dollar store is built on this premise until they grow big enough ( and rich enough) to leave that "shady" practice behind..

Last edited:

TLRD , I win, you lose, and here is an interesting article on Walmart, buying and selling grey market goods.

Buying and selling products for a profit isn't always scalping. I think this is where your misinformation comes from.

Just waiting for shelves to be stocked without running out. Until my PS4 Slim blows up, I’ll have to wait.

Oh so YOU ARE a classist! Only people rich enough to afford to own a retail store have the right to buy and resell goods for a profit, if you aren't you can only sell an item you own for MSRP or less.

So tell me , genius, Are people who own amazon stores and eBay stores, the scum of the earth, they don't own a retail store, or work in retail, they pretty much decided to start buying items and reselling them.

Also, no rebuttal on the buying of stocks, real estate, or car's to resell.

This further cement my opinion that you are classist, because a ps5 costs 500$, and the others, require significant capital/ market knowledge to buy and trade.

Actually, no, you are classist, you have shown disdain for people who work 9-6, told me to get a better job, etc.

Also, now you have moved the goal post, So it IS ok to buy and sell things for a profit, as long as you have money and do it in bulk.

And, no you don't know the hobby, and clearly, not a part of MY community, if you haven't found friends to trade with. I just sent a bunch of gnarly customs to my friend in Florida who sent me back a nice stack of Matchbox Nismo GTRs, not a dollar was exchanged. Absolutely despise selfish collectors who refuse to trade, and just buy everything, the "worse " /s
Welcome to my block list. Clearly you are a hard head who doesn't understand the term "scalper" and I have zero interest in feeding a troll. Goodbye.

I used to have a PS4 pro (with an SSD) at my PC desk and PS5 on my TV. The loading times made me buy a second PS5.

edit

How do you people not have PS5 in stock? There's been ample stock here since last year. If you need one shipped I'll charge 20% :P

edit again

It's at EMEA MSRP price but bundled with a controller/game + sales tax in case anyone asks. Also I am joking and cbf to ship anything.

edit v3

Loading times of GT7 PS4 version specifically.

Last edited:
I gave you guys both definitions of scalping.

Walmart practices BOTH.

Walmart buys items at MSRP rates and resells them at higher costs via grey market goods.
Walmart buys inventory in bulk when it is cheap, and resells it when it is expensive and more desirable
Other big companies have sold items for 3 - 4x MSRP (car dealerships)

Please enlighten me on how, me buying a PS5, directly from sony, and reselling git is any different than Walmart, aside from the fact I'm not Walmart.

Oh' you can't so you block, classist!

Everyone hates Walmart though. And Amazon. And Ebay flippers. That's the point. The sort of behaviour that puts personal profit over anything and everything else is generally not looked upon kindly. Especially when you're artificially inserting yourself as a middleman and adding a markup without actually providing any value of your own. Arguably you're taking away value as well as increasing the price, the person who buys from you is going to find it much harder to get warranty support than if they'd bought from a traditional seller.

If you wanna be that guy, go ahead. But don't get butthurt when people point out that you're engaging in the same sort of greedy behaviour that everyone hates Walmart and Amazon for.

Hello all.

I think 600 quid is better spent on a Fanatec wheel.

My G29 is awful in this game.

Huge deadzone; no way of changing wheel sensitivity, linearity, lock etc.

And don't start on the ffb.

So a PS4 plus a wheel that allows onboard adjustments that overrides the derisible lack of options... beats a PS5 with anything else as a controller.

A bunch of bass shakers attached to your rig and chair, also replaces the missing road rumble/immersion.

Bass shakers ... 200
Fanatec wheel ...600

Current average price of PS5 on eBay ... 800 ?

Last edited:
I tried to source a PS5 before 7 came out. Had been playing and enjoying Sport very much on the PS4 in lockdown so expectations were high and I wanted a Ps5 but couldn’t find one at reasonable cost.

Ended up dodging an expensive bullet as 7 isn’t really that different to Sport, better in some ways, worse in others, so I’m quite happy to stick with the PS4. Probably won’t ever upgrade as nothing else in Sony’s offerings really interests me enough, and there’s something about their always online/GaaS outlook that doesn’t sit well with me. I want to own things, not rent them temporarily (‘you will own nothing and be happy’).

So yes, the GT7 launch, it not being as good as I expected, not a real step-change from Sport, and all the mtx stuff, and lack of new content, cars, tracks, events, leagues etc has all put me off even considering upgrading. The PS4 is fine.

Latest Posts

Back