PURE-FRL - Classic 24 Hours of Le Mans - Date / Sign Ups up!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's a better idea too, run Sarthe, but 2005 version no chicanes is closer to the original layout.

I think that's a better idea too, run Sarthe, but 2005 version no chicanes is closer to the original layout.

But we're running on the 2009 Change time/weather for this, so it would make more sense to set times on the actual track we're running. 👍

I realize that. These cars are from the 60's. They ran Sarthe without chicanes in those days. The Porsche curves were different as well. I'm only saying that the 2005 layout is closer to what these cars ran in their day. Not saying you should run that track for your qualifying or whatever.

But then again, I imagine they are doing the Nurb special event so that the cars can be controlled. Otherwise you'd be relying on people not to wack a turbo on. :indiff:

This is what the track looked like in those days

original

Lack of Porsche Curves, no Ford Chicane etc. Would be awesome to see this in GT6.

But then again, I imagine they are doing the Nurb special event so that the cars can be controlled. Otherwise you'd be relying on people not to wack a turbo on. :indiff:

well.... tuning prohibited?

Guys. The format is set. We know urgently need team principle and driver applications.

Any news? :confused:

^I know what the track used to look like. It's my favourite area of motorsport.

Last edited:
Any news? :confused:

^I know what the track used to look like. It's my favourite area of motorsport.

We really don't have enough people signed up right now. If we had a few more team principal applications, I'd go ahead and put the poll up then hope that they can gather up some more drivers.
But as of right now, we only have five...

I don't think you guys are advertising too much about this race...
And Furi is more concerned about TOCA. I want to see this race happen though.

We are trying to drum up interest, trust me still a lot of discussions behind scenes.

There quite frankly aren't many places to advertise. I've asked Jordan (he said he can't help us, made a few Visitor Messages, put it in the sigs. Not much else to do that would be respectful to other series'.
If you guys want to advertise, please do.

There are other forums and GT5 sites that you can advertise. Furi knows Filip Ovik and the HaB guys and I know they'd love to do this.

Or just keep posting updates in this thread. If people are constantly updated on what's going on they'll be more likely to want to join as the thread will seem less likely to die.

Well I can tell you there is no shortage of driver applications needed, if you want to compete register here. We can get this going a lot more...

I'd join in. The timing and the room location and when I'd get to drive are the things that concern me. Once that is finalized it'll be a lot easier to say for certain that I will take part. Sarthe 2009 is an easy track (IMO). Once you know these cars and how they behave, the only thing is pushing the limits of them to see just how fast you can go. I predict sub 3:45's will be possible.

I'd join in. The timing and the room location and when I'd get to drive are the things that concern me. Once that is finalized it'll be a lot easier to say for certain that I will take part. Sarthe 2009 is an easy track (IMO). Once you know these cars and how they behave, the only thing is pushing the limits of them to see just how fast you can go. I predict sub 3:45's will be possible.

Once we get drivers and team principals, then its possible to arrange who drives when.

Guys, if you tell all your friends about the team principal position, we'll get a good number of drivers as well.
What we need is team principals right now.

Guys, if you tell all your friends about the team principal position, we'll get a good number of drivers as well.
What we need is team principals right now.

By saturday I will have sent some PM's out to my old WSC classic sportscar buddies.

I highly doubt that, unless you get massive draft throughout the lap. WRS who ran an event with the same specs were only running 3:47/8.

I just signed up as a driver, and have let a few of my friends that I race with know about the concept/race. I think this could be fun, and at least interesting:sly:. I should be able to run quite a few stints, just need to put some practice laps in before the actual race, but there is sufficient time to do that. 👍

I have reached out to a couple GT5 friends of mine, so I should know in the next couple weeks if I will be running a team or just entering as a driver. So I suppose if anyone is wanting to get on a team, I may be putting one together 👍. Is there going to be a limit on the amount of entrants per team?

Max of 8 drivers if I remember my own rule correctly. Plus three reserve drivers per manufacturer. Three cars for each manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back