PURE l DTM

• Thread starter Green
  • 214 comments

Which Damage Setting would you like to use ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great racing tonight guys, Immortal showed why he's champ but I think there may be one or two drivers that will give him problems this season which is good to see.

Anyway I have made race results just to give you guys an idea how the points will work ( but no points this week as just pre-season).

DTMRaceResultsGVSR1.jpg

DTMRaceResultsGVSR234.jpg

Great racing tonight guys, Immortal showed why he's champ but I think there may be one or two drivers that will give him problems this season which is good to see.

Anyway I have made race results just to give you guys an idea how the points will work ( but no points this week as just pre-season).

DTMRaceResultsGVSR1.jpg

DTMRaceResultsGVSR234.jpg

That looks very good mate:tup:

Im out Green. Cant compete with people who have time to tune the car. Even if i had the same tune i still wouldnt be able to find 5 or 6 seconds a lap to be even close to anyone else. Add to that a screen freeze for a second every time i cross the finish line and the double countdown at the start of the second race and my day was not much fun. No feedback with DS3 and bad setup means the back end of my merc tried to become the front end at every corner. Unfortunatly i dont agree that anyone can challenge Immortalpilot. I think he has won it already. Remember he started last in race 2 and passed everyone except JK within 10 laps, in a car that should be the same as everyone else (aero, weight, bhp (less) & pp (less))

I'm sorry to here that JT, I have been trying to get someone from the tuning section to give me tunes for the cars and help you guys out with tuning advice. Just not had much time myself to pull it together.

I'm really trying to make this as much fun for everyone involved, I realise that not everyone has the practice time and some stuggle to keep up with the pace of the guys at the front. If I had enough drivers I would have slower drivers in another division so everyone was racing drivers at their own pace and everyone would have more fun.

Immortal has only raised the bar, he's not unbeatable no one is. Don't get me wrong if immortal didn't win or atleast come close to winning DTM I would be as surprized as anyone but he's not already won it.

I feel CLK has to be less PP because it's faster round pretty much every track when at the same PP as the rest of the cars.

Anyway I really don't want to see you go JT or anyone else for that matter :(

I may pull out as well... I am well off the pace and I think it may be better to allow some faster people join if they wish

Well I really enjoyed racing last night, the cars are well matched and i thought the racing was close. I do think the clk handles better and will lap quicker at grand valley with it being a tight circuit, but tracks like Monza it will struggle due to less power!

Im out Green. Cant compete with people who have time to tune the car. Even if i had the same tune i still wouldnt be able to find 5 or 6 seconds a lap to be even close to anyone else. Add to that a screen freeze for a second every time i cross the finish line and the double countdown at the start of the second race and my day was not much fun. No feedback with DS3 and bad setup means the back end of my merc tried to become the front end at every corner. Unfortunatly i dont agree that anyone can challenge Immortalpilot. I think he has won it already. Remember he started last in race 2 and passed everyone except JK within 10 laps, in a car that should be the same as everyone else (aero, weight, bhp (less) & pp (less))

Don't do it JT, I'm quite the same as you :)

What the hell? in schedule says that first race will be on 13 day, so it next tuesday, i missed that one?!?

Updated OP guys 👍 and the Season starts this tuesday at Monza. Will be doing another update 2moro and I'm going to close to vote on damage tonight. So if you haven't voted make sure you do today 👍.

ok guys i´m out!
unfortunatly im working shifts this month so... u know!
good luck to my replace-driver!
cu

hey guys any way i can join series if so could some 1 pm me running wsgtc but seems to be dieing down only 7 of us raced in ntsc last nite.. so lookingto go els were and do some racing thanks hope to see u all on track

Hi pLc,

Your more than welcome to join the series, I have one driver just dropped out but there is a reserve waiting. Although I haven't heard from him since he signed up... so you should be good. Anyway are you aware that we race on Tuesday at 8pm GMT (just asking as not many people outside the EU sign up becuase of the time).

Also I hope you try and stick out WSGTC aswell 👍

Info for Tuesdays Race

DTMNextRaceMonza2.jpg

Also Damage has been changed to light.

If you have questions about anything now is the time to ask 👍

Also spoke to allascato he will be filling Slatz's spot, I'm just awaiting his car choice.So I can update sign up list

pLc, you will have to go on the reserve's if you still wish to sign up 👍

(Fixed Monza Pic couldn't help my self :lol:)

Last edited:
Thx Immortal, I hope so :P.

Should of made that monza picture smaller it's bugging me :lol:, it just doesn't look right.

Did you see the main picture in the OP ? :D

Good effort green cant wait for this to start!

With Monza being a really bad track for corner cutting how much are we allowed to cut? are the kerbs classed as track?

Thanks, Hancoclc

Yes, kerb is part of the track. I'll try post some pictures incase anyone is unsure what is considered clean.

Last edited:
Ok Tom, sad to hear that :(. Anyway hope to see you track in the future :D 👍.

PM'd pLc2563 offered him Tom's place 👍

Speacial Thanks to Wardez and PURE for providing all the info below, I will be personally reviewing the replay to make sure the rules are been followed.

These are the track limits for Monza:

dyjKE.png

-----TRACK BOUNDARY IMAGES-----
Green checkmark = clean. Red x = dirty.

TrReO.jpg
GgIBf.jpg

Turns 1 chicane. Stay on the red and white. Your angle of attack will be looked at closely.

7s5PT.jpg
tx7cs.jpg

Be very careful coming into T3 chicane Roggia. It's easy to get out of bounds in such a tight place. And yes we will utilize millimeter size tolerances when inspecting questionable lap replays, do not try to get fresh.

Z8QmU.jpg
ZEt8y.jpg

The black tar run off after turn 4 in the beginning of Lesmo is an easy place to have a sandwhich so staying clean is vital to keeping your lap going, not much science going on here and not much to gain from going off the red and white curbing - Cutting turn 5 will not be tolerated.

5DydH.jpg
CqyF8.jpg

The run off in turn 5 can't be used for speed, as with T4's exit, so just stay on surface and you're fine - The more important part is your line back on track. You must get off the curbing before it ends and the green concrete keeps going. If you go back on track staying on the tar and crossing over the green concrete past the curbing your lap will be considered invalid. This goes for qualifying and during the race.

QUdLA.jpg

This is the proper line, though extremely close, in getting back on track after T5's exit.

qC03o.jpg
QCCiz.jpg

This is Turn 7's first left kink curbing/green concrete pad and yes this is a bad lap. I was serious when I said millimeters - The partner image is a close shave, but definitely clean.

F0KBK.jpg
VfyFT.jpg

Now this is T7's right hand kink. Ascari is tough to get a good rhythm through, but if you're off like this, don't bother trying to save it. The second image is more tasteful and clean.

CzNTJ.jpg
kw59q.jpg

Ascari left kink exit.

arHtm.jpg
6nwf8.jpg

Do not finish T7's exit by crossing the solid white line beyond the curbing - Join the track proper before the curb ends.

Turn 8/ Parabolica is impossible to cut to gain time so we won't worry about that, standard rules apply.

On to the pits:
lGzS2.jpg
8xKcy.jpg

Do not cut into the pits like this on entrance. You must take an intentional angle of attack when coming in out of the final turn. Stay inside the yellow line. We will hand out penalties for not doing so. If you're past the proper entrance and realize it when it's too late, it's better to just do another lap than receiving a penalty for pitting unappropriately.

uMLzw.jpg
8BxLi.jpg

On pit exit you must, again, stay within the yellow line. Then stay within the extended pit exit line (solid white) all the way until its completion at the 1st turn 100m marker. We will make sure you abide by this rule. It's to keep your acceleration zone away from those that may be coming in full speed into turn 1. Do this even if you're absolutely sure no one else is around on the straight.

65zkh.jpg

Just stay to the right then after the pit line ends, and if the coast is clear, get on with the racing! You can almost feel that little pace car's happiness.

• Make sure to stay on track at ALL times with at least 2 wheels touching white line / Red / White curb. Green concrete is not track. This is the way we are drawing out track boundaries for our race at Monza. We realize that there are alternate interpretations with respect to what is and what is not part of the curbing. But in our series the half of the curbing that is painted green in certain parts of Monza is treated the same as grass and NOT track area. The traditional two tire OLR rules apply and all questionable laps will be greatly scrutinized.

You can not use run offs or tarmac of any kind to gain speed. You will be penalized heavily during the race and disqualified for having a dirty lap in qualifying.
    Just stay inside the rumble strips and course white lines.

• Pit lane.
    Entry: Respect the white lines and yellow dotted lines that mark out pit entry. Do not dive into the pits from the straight. You must make a shallow approach to pit lane coming out of the last turn Parabolica.

Exit: You MUST stay within the long pit white line until it ends around the 100M mark before turn 1. Just make sure to stay right when you enter the track until you are 100% sure that you will not cause an accident.
    General: When entering and exiting pits, the white lines are ment to be respected. Yes, you can cross the white line when entering and exiting the pits. But if an incident occur, the driver who crossed the white line (The one on track, or the one who comes out from the pits) will be held responsible, and a penalty will come as a result.

Last edited:
Sorry greennarcotics, but I'm out too. As I told you during the preseason I don't have time to get in shape and tweak a setup for these cars. You can give my place to someone else waiting in the reserve list :)

My best wishes to allascato!!! ;)

Sorry greennarcotics, but I'm out too. As I told you during the preseason I don't have time to get in shape and tweak a setup for these cars. You can give my place to someone else waiting in the reserve list :)

My best wishes to allascato!!! ;)

Every time we get a full list of drivers someone drops out :lol:, thanks for letting me know anyway gippone 👍. There is no one of the reserves that wants a full time slot, So we have one spot available for Vuaxhall or Audi TT-R preferable Vauxhall as we only have two drivers at the moment.

If you are short on drivers I.could ask around if you want me to?

If you know someone who's interested it wouldn't hurt to ask them 👍. There is only one spot open so we still have 13 Drivers. :dopey:

Been really busy tonight so will need to get some practice in 2moro or I'll be struggling at monza:scared:.

Every time we get a full list of drivers someone drops out :lol:, thanks for letting me know anyway gippone 👍. There is no one of the reserves that wants a full time slot, So we have one spot available for Vuaxhall or Audi TT-R preferable Vauxhall as we only have two drivers at the moment.

I can I join you guys for today (help fill the grid)? I only have a Audi TT-R, I passed on the Vuaxhall when it was in the UCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back