Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,846 comments
Now don't get me wrong, this sums up my opinion on modifying vehicles

View attachment 231543

...but this is just done so badly it's untrue.

rlqddajkcfnxhou9t0sb.jpg

zzknorvkkzmhvaftecsq.jpg

With a nice pastel mint green and no flames bordered with chrome, rolling on matching hub cap wheels and whitewalls, that would be a gorgeous machine.

This is actually not bad at all, I personally don't like the stuck out wheels and giant Chevy decal.
View attachment 232239
With a stance like that, odds are its got some serious engine work done.

Don't care for the logo...would rather have the old gate that says "CHEVROLET" across the back.

Don't care for the logo...would rather have the old gate that says "CHEVROLET" across the back.
Really? I see trucks like that in East L.A al the time. Similar stance, and poke but with rims similar to 1000 spoke Daytons and what not. They look identical to that, usually with chrome work here and there like those tacky stick on chrome fender linings.

Really? I see trucks like that in East L.A al the time. Similar stance, and poke but with rims similar to 1000 spoke Daytons and what not. They look identical to that, usually with chrome work here and there like those tacky stick on chrome fender linings.
Oh yeah. That's way more rear tire that you'll ever need for a stock motor. I have a picture somewhere of a stanced Ford like that that was as stock looking on the outside but far from it on the inside. You usually don't waste money on a fat tire unless you need it.

Oh yeah. That's way more rear tire that you'll ever need for a stock motor. I have a picture somewhere of a stanced Ford like that that was as stock looking on the outside but far from it on the inside. You usually don't waste money on a fat tire unless you need it.

6b90_12.jpg

Ugh, how many people like you are there? Why does it bother you that people want to buy, modify or use their vehicles in a way that makes you happy? Should they only be using and modifying their cars in a way that you approve of?
I never said I dont like it, Its just not to my tastes. Take of the chrome wheels and I would love it. Its just too shiny.

We have those here to most are on a random alloy wheel not daytons but there are tons of random cars on Daytons too.

We have those here to most are on a random alloy wheel not daytons but there are tons of random cars on Daytons too.

That's typically how it works over here, too. It strikes me as an offshoot of the mini truck culture, since most poked cars trucks are older Tacomas or S10s and the like, but occasionally I'll see the odd poked F150 or even an older SUV. If they can afford it (they're usually pretty ratty trucks), they'll go with the Daytons, though some people just leave the stock wheels on there, which looks awful.

That's typically how it works over here, too. It strikes me as an offshoot of the mini truck culture, since most poked cars trucks are older Tacomas or S10s and the like, but occasionally I'll see the odd poked F150 or even an older SUV. If they can afford it (they're usually pretty ratty trucks), they'll go with the Daytons, though some people just leave the stock wheels on there, which looks awful.

Here I don't think is a connection with mini trucks since all are full size GM C/Ks and F-150s but an influx of Mexican immigrants since most if not all of the drivers are full on cowboy hat pointy boots. Plus I have seen trucks of the same style south of the border when I have go to visit family.

Oh yeah. That's way more rear tire that you'll ever need for a stock motor. You usually don't waste money on a fat tire unless you need it.

Not at freaking all. That is a typical look, even over here, for those trucks, and none of them have anything done to the engine. You don't spend money on a good tire, but most of the wide tires these kind of trucks are total crap. It's a look that has been going for years and doesn't seem to ever stop.

I just used Daytons to get a good image across of what I'm trying to hint at.

Here I don't think is a connection with mini trucks since all are full size GM C/Ks and F-150s but an influx of Mexican immigrants since most if not all of the drivers are full on cowboy hat pointy boots. Plus I have seen trucks of the same style south of the border when I have go to visit family.

This is exactly what I was hinting at :lol:

Back