Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,995 comments
  • 3,476,568 views
EliteDreamer
I'm going to have to say they were custom made. Same imagination went into those as the rest of the body.

The headlights are from the Nissan Silvia S15 I think, however they are thinner in shape, but I think since the whole car is custom they've been adapted to the car too.
 
Not sure if they're related but:

The video description says:

I saw this guy taking photos of this car to pit on eBay on my out of work. Didn't have much time with him but this car is one of 2 in the world. The other was red with no wing. The red one was wrecked but rebuilt by a guy in Florida. Beautiful car. One of a kind. You don't get to see this all the time. Unless you live by this guy.

Could we be witnessing the red one? :crazy:
Who knows, that car may just be HIGHLY collectable :lol:
 
93985d1269383627-ever-see-dub-mustang-warning-rx_donk.jpg

why....
 
Don't worry. It doesn't exist. That's a photoshop of an RX8, atop the infamous "Donkey Kong" Donk.

donk-9b.jpg


See?

((ultimately, I'm ashamed I even know that car just by looking at its wheels.))
 
There is something strangely appealing about that. Tasteless as all hell, but still.


And I bet those wheels would look very cool in motion.
 
Someone's obviously been inspired by the Golf Harlequin...

I was just about to say Polo Mk3 Harlequin, but yeah. I can see where the inspiration for that paint job came from.


I really don't like to look of those wheels by the way.
 
Came across this Hamann creation:

goldferrari02.jpg
 
A lot of these disasters could be avoided if people would think about their styling ethos. You cannot make "the best looking car ever, the end." It just won't happen. If you don't give the car a sort of style or personality and then go all out with modification, you end up with things like that Ferrari up there. You also need to make sure your idea isn't completely and utterly tasteless eg. Clown-Benz, Facebook Donk.

IMHO, this should be applied to nearly all aesthetic modification, even small stuff.
 
But...

THEY'RE GRRRRRRRREEAAAT

247846_226772050681792_100000469969143_866268_1537903_n.jpg

(took this one myself)
 
I was sure I had a toy like that Mercedes when I was two.
 
And I like that. What's wrong with it?

It's... It's gold...

Still, at least the makers of the bond movies know what Goldfinger will drive if they ever make a remake...
 
It's... It's gold...

Still, at least the makers of the bond movies know what Goldfinger will drive if they ever make a remake...

What? You don't like shiny colours? I'm ashamed...
 
What? You don't like shiny colours? I'm ashamed...
I prefer regular metallic colours myself. On a Ferrari red, maybe something else.
 
Gold on itself is not the most bad thing, although questionable.

It is the place of the black parts that kill the line of car. The thingy on the roof?
I do not get it.
 
Gold on itself is not the most bad thing, although questionable.

It is the place of the black parts that kill the line of car. The thingy on the roof?
I do not get it.

It's a roof scoop.

But I do believe the 599 is front engined...
 
Back