Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
1) What camber are you referring to? There doesn't appear to be any more camber than what you'd find in the typical, modified car now-a-days.
182-640x425.jpg

2) What aero bits are not needed? That's a Vertex body kit, a rather pricey piece of kit & has been used on S15 race cars in the past.

3) The car isn't that low at all.
162-640x425.jpg

1) What camber are you referring to? There doesn't appear to be any more camber than what you'd find in the typical, modified car now-a-days.
182-640x425.jpg
Why is there a gap between the rims and the rubber at the ends? That must hurt the side wall strength. The body kit looks fine but I just don't like seeing cars with "stuff" added on them to "look" like a race car. Adding those surfaces only adds weight. Based on their website they make "Questionable", will never be needed, mods.

I was talking about the Wartburg with it's rear camber and ride height.
I would find it unlikely that the mustang really needs that splitter and it works.

Last edited:
Why is there a gap between the rims and the rubber at the ends? That must hurt the side wall strength. The body kit looks fine but I just don't like seeing cars with "stuff" added on them to "look" like a race car. Adding those surfaces only adds weight. Based on their website they make "Questionable", will never be needed mods.
Prius spoiler. Can the car even get over 100 MPH?
$110 dollar shift nob.
I was talking about the Wartburg with it's rear camber and ride height.
I would find it unlikely that the mustang really needs that splitter and it works.
You didn't say the Wartburg & likely didn't know that was what it was called at all until someone mentioned it. You simply said S15 rims & followed it with things that are generally related to wheel fitment.

But, since you want to get that picky over what's questionable just because you don't believe it works, I suppose 70-80% of all modified cars are really questionable since they have parts on them that are more than likely never actually being "used" as intended.

You didn't say the Wartburg & likely didn't know that was what it was called at all until someone mentioned it. You simply said S15 rims & followed it with things that are generally related to wheel fitment.
The misunderstanding was my fault. I just assumed it was obvious. I didn't know it was a Wartburg 353. I have seen the name before but only a few times.
But, since you want to get that picky over what's questionable just because you don't believe it works, I suppose 70-80% of all modified cars are really questionable since they have parts on them that are more than likely never actually being "used" as intended.
I don't think all "no purpose outside of looks" mods are bad. But ones that hurt the cars performance directly in a fake racecar are always questionable (like the odd rim and tire combo).
We both agree that Prius spoiler is 100% questionable right?

We both agree that Prius spoiler is 100% questionable right?

Why? The whole point of customisation is to stand out from a crowd. It's not because it's an hybrid that you can't try and make it look different from the other hybrids out there. Some wheelmakers ( I believe Rays/Volk, amongst others) even offer "eco friendly" aftermarket wheels for hybrids, with both lightweight construction and aerodynamic designs. If anything, most spoilers/lips/bodykits I've seen for hybrid/electric cars actually helped with the aerodynamics of the car.

newsnthumb22-630x400.jpg

newsnthumb24-630x400.jpg

Sorry but when I see S2000 getting that treatment I think it's very questionable. I don't mind a lil' drop but that'a way too much.

It must do wonders for the handling and the ride quality...

Why? The whole point of customisation is to stand out from a crowd. It's not because it's an hybrid that you can't try and make it look different from the other hybrids out there. Some wheelmakers ( I believe Rays/Volk, amongst others) even offer "eco friendly" aftermarket wheels for hybrids, with both lightweight construction and aerodynamic designs. If anything, most spoilers/lips/bodykits I've seen for hybrid/electric cars actually helped with the aerodynamics of the car.

Well, each car in this thread is someone's customization. Some are just crazier than others.
An eco friendly rim that lowers the rotating mass and looks nice? Great! For me not questionable at all. As for the aero kit. I think if adding a front spoiler to a Prius helped any it would be on the car from the factory.

Back