Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Maybe? But Stotty seemed to think it would ruin/effect the weight and balance of the car. It just does not seem to be the case, at least with an LS series engine. Being that it's all aluminum, it weighs less than the 6 it replaces! A turbo adds more weight making it a heavier car! Which does affect handling and balance.👍

So an LS series engine in a Porsche 911 equals an awesome mod..YES.:D

I'm not sure if the LS engine is heavier or lighter than the Porsche flat 6, but even if it is a bit lighter, the weight will be significantly higher up in the chassis, which will significantly change the roll axis at the rear and increase the cars tendancy to oversteer off the power.

I'm not precious, and I wouldn't be against the swap if it's just stuffed in an old 930... putting one in to a proper classics 911 would be another matter.

image_out_of_my_head.jpg

(sarcasm) Also dat exhaust :drool: (/sarcasm)

3G23Ld3Jc5K55M65J7d4i4ee986ccbda91aef.jpg

That F50 is definitely a Camaro. The pillars and windshield shape aren't right for it to be a 3000GT/Stealth.

lol I'm so stupid. Yeah, the first one's a 3000GT.

Last edited:
^
A $9900 kit car for a mk4 Jetta/Bora, which will covert it to a RWD mid-engine roadster. But it looks weird and ugly.....

*snips*

I actually don't think it looks that bad. Just some more detailing on the hood, the rear, and a curved door line should make it look even better :D

Back