Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
That's about the size of it, yes. The McLaren X1 was never anything but a McLaren X1. It shares the engine and the general tub design with the MP4-12C, and everything else is completely bespoke and was designed that way from the start.

It uses the basic bones of a 12c, springs, chassis, engine, tub et al.

It has bespoke body panels, which makes that a modification of the 12c. No? Mainly as it wasn't made from scratch in terms of the underneath.

Was it not? I'm certain the owned donated a 12c for it. Could be misleading sources.
Apparently the car was discussed with the customer, before the MP4-12C even went on sale, so i don't think McLaren would've made a 12C only to disassemble it, to create the bespoke car.

There was a thread about the car on GTP somewhere.

I quite like it.

This rolled up into my neighbors shop over the weekend while I was working on my WRX.

In case you cant tell from the pics. This is quick set CONCRETE. Running off the hood onto the bumper onto the headlights and down into the radiator. :lol:

Couldn't find the Bondo? :lol: that's the opposite of getting a CF hood

15 kgs heavier yo!

Wait.

yo+dawg+31.jpg

For no reason whatsoever, I searched "Modded Saab" on google.

epcp_0706_02z+2006_saab_9-3_aero_x4r+rear_view.jpg

Just one drop from the sea of terribleness.

I find that thing extremely ugly, maybe if it didn't have the vette roofline it would be decent, but that just looks disproportionate and wrong

For no reason whatsoever, I searched "Modded Saab" on google.

Just one drop from the sea of terribleness.

I like it, infact in the days of FM2 I had a tuning company and my first tune used a paint job based on that car(lost the pics unfortunately).:lol:

The front end is a little swoopy, but I like it.

I agree. I think it would look a bit better with either this or preferably this front end and the rest of the car designed to match the model's overall style.

It just looks slightly strange and tacky with all that modern Saab design, but I have to admit that I'm a bit biased towards 1980's and 1990's car designs. :)

What do you think about this UTE'd Calibra?

photo.JPG

As far as I can see, that Multipla is completely unmodified. It's ugly, but unmodified.

And that Porsche looks similar to the BTR in GT5 when you add a wing, :D.

Latest Posts

Back