Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
I actually really like this:

1401444_705792106097924_1895779992_o.jpg
Rear vents and license plate aside, that's rather awesome. It helps that its a GT-R.

Would the 996's Top Gear-esque trunk lock count? Apparently, they thought it would be a good idea to put the battery for the car and thus the electronic lock of the trunk...inside the trunk. So, if the battery dies, you can't open the trunk to jump start the car. Instead you get to pretend you're Dr. Frankenstein and go through a pain-in-the-butt way to open the engine cover to jump start the car...even though the battery is in the locked trunk. Seriously, it sounds like something Jeremy, Richard or Hammond, would build, and then you'd see them have to do the complicated way to jump the battery about 100 times.

I also, love that the manual apparently tells you how to do the complicated way...which means, it was something Porsche probably discovered AFTER the car was built and, instead of re-wiring everything or simply adding in a fail safe or non-electronic lock, they decided it would be easier to build in the complicated way...yeah. Best part is, to do the complicated way, you WILL set off the alarm, which will draw attention to you. Which...If I saw someone doing what is required with an alarm going off, I might call the cops.

EDIT: It would have probably been easier to build in a fail safe that simply pops the trunk when the battery dies, and simply have a trunk release so the trunk wouldn't fly open if your battery dies while you're driving down the highway.

Last edited:
Is he moving that to a factory? Lol

Someone either propped that upright for a laugh. Or, weirdly, may have stuck a "regular" pipe inside an industrial sized flue in a vain effort to make it look more impressive.

Or, I don't know... perhaps it's an oversized periscope? :dopey:

EDIT:
eGx7DoIl.jpg

What year is that Mustang? 2003?

*runs*

Last edited:

Someone either propped that upright for a laugh. Or, weirdly, may have stuck a "regular" pipe inside an industrial sized flue in a vain effort to make it look more impressive.

Or, I don't know... perhaps it's an oversized periscope? :dopey:

EDIT:
eGx7DoIl.jpg

What year is that Mustang? 2003?

*runs*

Haha, I know that car, it parks at the mall where I work.

Edit: And another one from my area... Yes, that is a snowboard.

The owner walked up as my brother and I were taking pictures and laughing. He gave me a dirty look and drove off.

Last edited:
That red BMW's been posted here before... Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was. But something tells me it ISN'T a BMW 6-Series. More of a poorly done replica.

Latest Posts

Back